MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
? for anyone who knows Danielle or has seen her recently: Hair color is different in two photos that are being used in local media reports. In photo with Danielle in maroon dress, her hair is much lighter than the photo in the teal sweater where hair is dark brown. Without dates for respective pictures, which photo is closer to DS' hair color now?

Families seem to do this, see Sherri Papini, provide photos in which they maybe think the missing person looks her best, not necessarily the most recent/helpful. Understandable, but maybe not the most effective approach to helping people spot their missing loved one.

Pretty brazen to abduct her at the dinner hour whether it was inside her apartment or outside. Too big of a chance of her drawing attention to what was going on outside and apartments have notoriously thin walls.

Wonder if she knows the person?

Timing seemed a bit odd to me too. Friday night, many people getting home from their work week or going out around that time. And here, sunset is 5:24 pm, but still light enough to see until 5:40 or so.

Why in the world did she use burner phones?

:confused: I'm a bit confused on the burner phone info. I thought a burner phone was for a one time or limited time use to contact people you didn't want to know your identity/real number and then thrown away. Was she replacing her phone often? Or was this just some phone number without a wireless company contract? Because I would not call the latter a "burner phone". JMO.

Burner phones might be a good idea if you're selling stuff on craigslist or if you use those weirdo honey-pot online dating apps.

IMO the "burner" phone is a contract-less phone. They are cheap to buy and maintain and you don't have to worry about scraping together spare change if money is tight that month, plus it's super easy to change plans with just a click of a button online. It's what I use, because it's cheaper than a contract plan with att and I don't need unlimited minutes + data when I'm not working my seasonal job.

Just a random thought, but what if she saw some kind of illegal activity in the parking lot or inside her building, instead of being part of the illegal activity? Everyone seems to be going back to her buying marijuana, but what if she just witnessed something she wasn't suppose to? M-5 (the freeway directly adjacent to the apartment complex) runs directly into Detroit to the east and then west to basically all major freeways in the area. M-5 is a major thoroughfare for getting drugs out to the suburbs.

12 law enforcement agencies are on this case. 12. Twelve.

I don't think she saw something, I think she was heavily involved with something.

Good lord there weren't 12 in papini lol

Not to mention LE said, the reason she is missing isn't an issue they just want to locate her...leads me to believe that they have a very strong idea as to the why.

Please correct me if I got this wrong, but she was not going out to meet and make dinner at her friend's place; instead, she was going to make her friend dinner in her own apt instead. That's being so, then leaving her purse in her car doesn't make sense (?). Unless she had to stop home first, then run out to get something, and then come back to make dinner... Does time line support that? Also, was her purse left in plain view from the outside of her car? Doing that is strange, since all it would take is break a window to access...

Please correct me if I got this wrong, but she was not going out to meet and make dinner at her friend's place; instead, she was going to make her friend dinner in her own apt instead. That's being so, then leaving her purse in her car doesn't make sense (?). Unless she had to stop home first, then run out to get something, and then come back to make dinner... Does time line support that? Also, was her purse left in plain view from the outside of her car? Doing that is strange, since all it would take is break a window to access...

No DS was going to meet a lifelong friend. She left work a little early and planned to go home and pack a bag to stay with her friend. Her friend was not coming over.

Okay..I heard about this case tonight (4pm central)......I was at a local awesome restaurant waiting for a takeout pizza I ordered at the bar with a beautiful sunset view of the Gulf of Mexico. There was this guy who was already there, having a beer, sitting on a barstool near the front door. He was chatting up the bartender about sports, when he suddenly changed the subject to this missing girl from Detroit... he said they had several friends in common, but he didn't really know her that well.....he was having a beer, and said he just moved here from that area in Michigan.....that the girl and him had about 20 people/acquaintances in common...and had gone to high school together....but he had lived here before. He was young, and no more than 30 years old. I couldn't help it....but I jumped in when the bartender went to get my pizza. I told him I was sorry to here about his ?friend?.....it was just weird.....he said they found her purse, cellphone and money in her car....he said it had been a week, as of today.....I told him I would pray for all involved.....still.....strange meeting....

That is very odd and seems suspicious...hmm

Yeah... I read this site frequently but this part has encouraged me to sign up to comment. I went to high school with her, too. For anyone who isn't familiar with the area, we are from a very small town. We all know each other here. I even know her younger siblings who are 5-ish years younger than me. Everyone I know from growing up has shared this story on social media and it's hit several of my friends pretty hard. This doesn't happen to people who have ties to the area where we grew up too often. It's kind of crazy. The only other missing person case I am familiar with with any real links to our 3 stoplight town is Paige Renkowski's disappearance...

Of course, reporting the comment to the authorities wouldn't hurt -- better to be safe than sorry -- but still, I don't think it's a far stretch to think he was just upset about it. Hell, I think I even mentioned it to a few of my friend in LA myself!

Also, a few pages back, people were discussing the dirt on her car. I'm pretty sure she still knows people who live out near where we grew up... so that's probably a nonissue.

Oh! And being a woman of the same age and having grown up in the same rural area only to move to the city... I can promise you guys, I would never leave my purse sitting in my car in the suburbs of Detroit. Farmington Hills is a nice area but ehhh... absolutely wouldn't do it unless there was nothing of value in it. That part seems kinda weird to me.

Hopefully they find her soon. :(

What town are you referring to as a 3stop light town? this happened in farmington hills, which is by no means a small town. im just a little confused as to what you are referring to?

In Danielle's case, I believe it's more about:
"The U.S. Code suggests that the Secret Service’s jurisdiction is limited to molestation, counterfeiting, financial fraud, and threats against the president, but its agents are available to assist local police with just about any crime. In a murder case, for example, agents might track a suspect’s cellphone history. (The agency has a lot of experience with this—their financial crime investigations often require the agency to hunt down users of prepaid cellphones.) When police request help from the federal government, either the FBI or the Secret Service—or both—will respond depending on which agency has the right resources available at the time. Requests for assistance are often routed through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. (BBM)
More here: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...e_usually_involved_in_molestation_cases_.html

shediduseprepaidphones!

if she was taken... it was most likely done by someone that knows her or that she has met before, statistically speaking.

mittenstate1988 is referring to the town she grew up in, not the city she was living at the time of her disappearance. I'm from there as well (went to the same high school a year behind her), and can confirm their post.

12 law enforcement agencies are on this case. 12. Twelve.

I don't think she saw something, I think she was heavily involved with something.

Good lord there weren't 12 in papini lol

Whatever is involved, it must be flippin' huge!

During the press conference, Danielle's mother got choked up when she said that they (parents) went to their daughter's apartment to get the cat that is now staying with them.
How precious!

3cee3a34addee0081f6334d866633c4c.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=205245783266981&substory_index=0&id=204134560044770

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

i see now. But i still wouldnt refer to redford as a small town where everyone knows everybody... thats what i would refer to a small town out in the country, but i digress

IMHO... since the moment i heard about this and saw the keychain and realized it was from the smoking buddy, i think it was drug related... I dont think she was doing anything more than just smoking, but i think that whomever she was in contact with to pickup the marijuana is who they are searching for. I feel like she may have accidently been involved or introduced to some people who may not have been good or they were connected to others that werent good but i definitely think that LE knows there was drug activity and is aggressively looking into it.

First post! I don't live far from DS. The complex she lives in is not known for being safe and is also transient. There are a lot of crimes that happen there from drugs to assault but rarely random. She likely took 696 west home to either 12 mile or to M5 given her work location and time of day, IMHO. I think she made it home with intentions for a short stop and then what happened?

She was due at a longtime female friends for a visit and cook for her. And her purse was left in her jeep.

Yes but she was going home first to pack a bag. My thinking is she got hfome jumped out of th car has her keys and phone. Leaves everything else in the car she is coming right back out.
Now either someone got to her before she went in or when she came out.
Jmo

i see now. But i still wouldnt refer to redford as a small town where everyone knows everybody... thats what i would refer to a small town out in the country, but i digress

Do you also happen to be from Redford? Having been almost ten years since I have graduated from there (and living in many different cities), it is a pretty small town comparatively. The neighboring city of Livonia has three high schools, Redford only has one. I suppose you could count South Redford, but none of us here ever did! We really all do know each other. Though I was never close with Dani, I remembered her as soon as I saw her photo online. It's just that kind of place.

The point of her post (and mine, really) is that it's not that suspicious that someone in another state talked to a user here about it. I no longer live in MI and I talked to people about it. It's extremely uncommon to hear about stuff like this about the people who come from there and grew up there. It's hitting home pretty hard. My FB newsfeed has been filled with posts since it happened.

Interesting. Someone got busted for pot the day DS went missing at 7 am in her complex:

http://tinyurl.com/h6umyn4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member