MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo Of Missing Danielle Stislicki Appears On Dating App

A metro Detroiter on Monday shared a Facebook post from a male friend who found a much-circulated photo of Danielle Stislicki as he was browsing profiles on the app. Using the screen name “Looking3thcat,” whoever is using the missing woman’s photo claims to be 22 years old and living in Indiana.

Farmington Hills Police said that they will be looking into this issue; at least attempting to locate and contact the culprit. Although police are not sure that use of the photo amounts to criminal activity, police at very least would ask the person to take it down.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14/danielle-stislicki-on-dating-app/
Whoever owns the copyright on the photo should be able to sue for damages.

What is wrong with people? I wish someone (the police) would've tried meeting up with them. I'm sure it's not even a real person but they clearly don't have good intentions.

ETA: Well obviously it's a real person that set it up but ugh. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's terrible this occurred. There are so many photos of Dani out there. People make fake accounts to spy of boyfriends, catfish people etc... my guess they randomly pulled an image off google images and didn't even read it was for a missing person.

Photo Of Missing Danielle Stislicki Appears On Dating App

A metro Detroiter on Monday shared a Facebook post from a male friend who found a much-circulated photo of Danielle Stislicki as he was browsing profiles on the app. Using the screen name “Looking3thcat,” whoever is using the missing woman’s photo claims to be 22 years old and living in Indiana.

Farmington Hills Police said that they will be looking into this issue; at least attempting to locate and contact the culprit. Although police are not sure that use of the photo amounts to criminal activity, police at very least would ask the person to take it down.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14/danielle-stislicki-on-dating-app/

How DARE they! No compassion for Dani, her Family or Friends.

Thank you. crhedBngr. Asking for many prayers and peace of mind before I lose it. [emoji120] [emoji72] [emoji174] [emoji8]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Prayers going up for you!

Whoever owns the copyright on the photo should be able to sue for damages.

Nah. They potentially could but even if they win, it wouldn't be worth it and there's an argument to made for the mass publication of the photo. Copyright cases are very expensive.

I'd still send a cease and desist letter and threaten it. That's likely be enough to get whomever is using it to pull it down. A lot of times on these dating sites, it's bots that pull the "catfish" photos from news articles, though.

It's terrible this occurred. There are so many photos of Dani out there. People make fake accounts to spy of boyfriends, catfish people etc... my guess they randomly pulled an image off google images and didn't even read it was for a missing person.

This is horrible. I remember seeing late December a photo of Dani photoshopped into a group photo of ****s. How disrespectful. I believe her family got the photo taken down.
Back in 2009 when my brother was murdered someone made a photo and posted it on the internet. It sent me into a rage then all the different emotions arrived. Police had it removed. My love and hugs and continued prayers for Dani and Family [emoji182] [emoji175] [emoji72] [emoji8]

This just makes me so angry. On top of everything else that Dani's friends and family are dealing with and now they have to deal with some loser stealing her photo? Ugh.

Karma will be coming around.

person of interest in the abduction of Danielle Stislicki faces hearing on charge of assault with intent to murder;

Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Danielle Bennetts asked Judge McCann to consider adding a fourth criminal charge, assault with intent to murder.

Bennetts said the testimony from the victim surrounding the hold the suspect had on her trying to get her down to the river not once but twice was enough probable cause for such a charge.

"It's the second strangulation, Judge, that I'm pointing to," she said. "He's still trying to get her to the river. I submit that is more than probable cause."

McCann requested both the prosecutor's office and Galloway's attorney, John Dakmak, submit briefs in regard to that charge.

Those are expected to be turned into the court by August 17, with a hearing at 9:30 a.m. August 18 on the matter.

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n...ult-victim-testifies-suspects-exam/528335001/

That said, I'm not that familiar with the area's being talked about so I've searched them online for reference. A vast amount of places could be searched. Sigh. But two places stuck out to me were Eliza Howell Park - which is a run down, huge park located near Livonia, and Linden County Park - which is located near Berkely, so if speed were of the essence perhaps...

Locals, Any input?
I've continued to try to think of possible locations. Many natural lakes have gentle slopes, which would make it difficult to dump a body from shore. However, there are several man-made "lakes" in Northville that used to be gravel pits. Those lakes/gravel pits may be fairly deep even close to shore. I think they're located between 6 Mile and 7 Mile west of Beck Road, so they're not far from Hines Park.

Ozoner's August 5th #436 threadpost--- "...He returned her Jeep to Independence Green, so he was trying to divert attention away from himself and his residence. That makes me think that if he didn't bury her or put her in a dumpster, then he may have put her somewhere west of IG, since he lives east of IG..." ---got me thinking.

Galloway seems to have received investigative and forensic training in all types of environments: Lyon Township firefighting disaster drills; strategic parking for jogger stalking; effective disabling techniques... Did he sit and read newspapers at various security guard jobs in the suburbs?

I'm proud of LE, Forensics, DA, Judicial officers, ALL officers, ALL administrative personnel, ALL reporters, All neighbors, All witnesses, All Danielle's Family. Thank you for your disciplined demeanor and tireless service in pursuit of justice for Danielle.

If the hearing scheduled Aug 18th goes forward, I want to see who is sitting in the gallery behind Dakmak and his client.

I went for a Drive thru on Hines on this Rainy Day. The Wanye County dive team is operating in Newburgh Lake right now 2 p.m. EST. Now this could be related to the case or it could just be practice. Typically dive teams would practice in a more clean environment. With the current rainfall im sure it stirs up the water a little, certainly not the most optimal time to search. Just my opinion. But without a doubt the dive team is in Newburgh Lake as I type this.

Alot of those "gravel pits/lakes" east of beck rd between 6 mile and 7 mile, were great for fishing they drop off quick, but the area has been developed since 2001. Now they are surronded by mini mansions. With alot of activity on all of them during the summer. There are some more Gravel pits further west, very step drop offs. Most are on private property.

Aw man, theres not to many homeless people around Novi. But there is this one older guy, he looked like santa, and he would stand at that intersection. He walked between there and the Arbys off Hagerty just north of ten mile. Hope its not that guy.

I went for a Drive thru on Hines on this Rainy Day. The Wanye County dive team is operating in Newburgh Lake right now 2 p.m. EST. Now this could be related to the case or it could just be practice. Typically dive teams would practice in a more clean environment. With the current rainfall im sure it stirs up the water a little, certainly not the most optimal time to search. Just my opinion. But without a doubt the dive team is in Newburgh Lake as I type this.
I live a mile and half from this area. I had heard the same thing last week. Maybe it is practice dives? 8 years or so ago a man was testing the water and drains. The current near newburgh road took his mask and tank off searchers took 3 to 5 days to find his body. Sad.
Tomorrow is court. I would like to attend anyone know the time?

Yea, I just took a wet bike ride back through hines, left a rooster tail on my the back of my shirt lol. But the wanye county search and dive has left as of 4 p.m. Probably just practice dives.

I live a mile and half from this area. I had heard the same thing last week. Maybe it is practice dives? 8 years or so ago a man was testing the water and drains. The current near newburgh road took his mask and tank off searchers took 3 to 5 days to find his body. Sad.
Tomorrow is court. I would like to attend anyone know the time?

Court time is 9:30

Thank you. I will be attending.

Livonia court house or Frank Murphy Hall of Justice? Sorry I'm kinda busy leaving work. Vacation starts now! I have a few more locations I want to check out (search) soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member