Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, August 17th:
*Evidentiary Hearing (@ 10am ET) - MI - Danielle “Dani” Stislicki (28) (last seen Dec. 2, 2016 leaving work, Southfield, not found) - *Floyd Russell Galloway, Jr. (30/now 32) charged (9/11/19) & indicted (3/4/19) & arraigned (3/6/19) & re arraigned (9/19/19) with 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. Bond denied-Held without bond.
Trial set to begin on 11/28/22. Representing himself-Pro Se
Information & court hearings from 11/21/17 thru 7/22/22 reference post #913 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...outhfield-2-dec-2016-15-arrest.432846/page-46

7/25/22 Update: Next hearing on 8/5/22 @ 8:30am, proceeding to be held in-person. 8/1/22: Request/Notice-Film/Media coverage filed. 8/4/22: 3 Request/Notice-Film/Media coverage filed.
8/5/22 Update: See post #914 for hearing info. State witness: Judge Jamie Powell-Horowitz, previously in 2019 a special investigator working for Attorney General's office. Defense filed Motion to Compel production of file materials from AG's office. The attorney for Galloway, said she won’t decide on calling witnesses to testify about leaked polygraph findings & their effects on the case until an Oakland County judge rules on her request for additional related information from prosecutors at the Attorney General’s Office. Attorney Ellen Michaels filed a motion Friday in Oakland County Circuit Court, asking Judge Phyllis McMillen to enforce a request for documents on what transpired at the AG’s Office after the leaked information made its way there. Next hearing on 8/17/22 @ 10am. 8/5/22: Motion filed by defendant. Compel production of file materials.

Judge sounds like she's over this defense attorney. So am I. This is nothing but a stall tactic.

He is representing himself, so that must be a "assistant" defense attorney for him. So - Judge denied - what kind of motions? All I got from your link is an article that his hearing was being live streamed, but didn't find any video I could see. TIA! :)

He is representing himself, so that must be a "assistant" defense attorney for him. So - Judge denied - what kind of motions? All I got from your link is an article that his hearing was being live streamed, but didn't find any video I could see. TIA! :)

After all those hearings it was denied. Next court date Oct 12

After all those hearings it was denied. Next court date Oct 12

So the motion that was denied was the recusal of the Judge, correct? TIA! :)

or am I thinking of the wrong case...

Floyd Galloway, the man charged in the believed murder of Danielle Stislicki, appeared for a virtual motion hearing Wednesday morning.

Galloway’s attorneys were requesting the judge to wave prosecutors’ privileged information and materials, arguing that it’s possible they don’t have access to all of the discovery relevant to the case. The Oakland County Circuit Court judge denied the defense’s motion Wednesday and said she felt confident that the attorneys are in possession of all necessary materials and that they have been for at least one year.

Prosecutors at the hearing called the defense’s move “textbook fishing,” despite the discovery having been turned over some time ago...

Floyd Galloway, the man charged in the believed murder of Danielle Stislicki, appeared for a virtual motion hearing Wednesday morning.

Galloway’s attorneys were requesting the judge to wave prosecutors’ privileged information and materials, arguing that it’s possible they don’t have access to all of the discovery relevant to the case. The Oakland County Circuit Court judge denied the defense’s motion Wednesday and said she felt confident that the attorneys are in possession of all necessary materials and that they have been for at least one year.

Prosecutors at the hearing called the defense’s move “textbook fishing,” despite the discovery having been turned over some time ago...

and from this article:

The next court date has been tentatively scheduled for Oct. 12, and is subject to change. It is currently unclear exactly what this convening will include. The defense has been asked to file any desired motions regarding evidence suppression within the next four weeks.

And thanks for this article!

August 17, 2022
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (FOX 2) - A judge denied a defense attorneys' motion for more evidence in the case of Floyd Galloway Jr., believing that all relevant information in the case had been turned over to both legal teams.

Galloway's attorney Ellen Michaels had argued she needed access to more documents before she could be satisfied that all evidence had been turned over. The prosecutor called the effort a fishing expedition.

Judge Phyllis McMillen said she found it hard to believe that any more information relevant to the case of a murdered Farmington Hills woman had not been turned over after two years of delays in the trial of Galloway. He's charged in the murder of Danielle Stislicki, a 28-year-old Farmington Hills woman who disappeared in December 2016.
[.....]
The discovery phase of the pending trial has gone through several additional hearings since the state Attorney General took over the case. Michaels had previously said the reveal of more information would have impacted the prosecution's case and she wanted to know how.
[.....]
The next hearing is tentatively set for Oct. 12.

And from the court site - does not mention 10/12 date - yet...

Docket update:

Date Code Desc
08/18/2022 SO SCHEDULING ORDER FILED RE MTN SUPPRESS EVID

08/17/2022 DM DEFENSE MOTION TO COMPEL PRODUCTION - DENIED

link: Court Explorer

WWJ's Jon Hewett reports it's issues surrounding that lie detector test that prompted Galloway's defense attorney, Ellen Michaels, to file a motion calling for access to prosecutor files.

"There were in possession of everything my client revealed to his attorney. To argue that we're not entitled to this information, they're now saying well, you cannot violate our rights... This is a disingenuous argument," Michaels said.

Asked by Judge Phyllis McMillen to clarify, Michaels said: "What we're seeking is the attorney general's file, because it is our position that there are things in that file... like notes around what they did with the information they received, which was a blueprint for what would probably be the defense of the case."

"I am satisfied that all discovery materials have been turned over to the defense," McMillen said. "And not only that, they've been in the defense's possession for, you know, over a year at this point."

Next in the case, at a hearing in September, the judge is expected to consider another motion by the defense seeking to suppress evidence, including results of the polygraph test, ahead of Galloway's murder trial.

Docket update:

Date Code Desc
08/24/2022 ORD ORDER FILED TO HOLD DFT

I am guessing that the Order filed is to hold defendant... ??

This opinion (that FG's rape conviction is inadmissible as evidence in DS's case) reveals several details that I did not know, including that FG was at MetLife a little after 11 AM on the morning of Dani's disappearance and returned there in the afternoon, that there is camera footage of Dani's and FG's cars at various times on the evening of her murder, that they have pings from her phone at (or near) his house, they found a skin cell in his house that matched Dani's DNA, that her keys were found (maybe that was mentioned above, but it was one of the pieces of evidence that the public was asked to alert police if found).

This opinion (that FG's rape conviction is inadmissible as evidence in DS's case) reveals several details that I did not know, including that FG was at MetLife a little after 11 AM on the morning of Dani's disappearance and returned there in the afternoon, that there is camera footage of Dani's and FG's cars at various times on the evening of her murder, that they have pings from her phone at (or near) his house, they found a skin cell in his house that matched Dani's DNA, that her keys were found (maybe that was mentioned above, but it was one of the pieces of evidence that the public was asked to alert police if found).

Yes, around that 11 am time is when they have a fingerprint found at 30000 Orchard Lake. I'm dying to know what that is all about.

Docket update:

Date Code Description
09/13/2022 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document

09/13/2022 STO STIP/ORD FILED TO EXTEND FILED DATES Order Document

09/12/2022 TRN TRANSCRIPT FILED EVIDENTIARY HRG CONT 06/24/22 Order Document

09/09/2022 TRN TRANSCRIPT FILED EVID HRG CONT 08/05/22

Still have his next hearing on 10/12/22 - but my notes say "tentively scheduled".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15