Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, October 9th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) - MI - Danielle “Dani” Stislicki (28) (Dec. 2, 2016, Southfield, not found) - *Floyd Russell Galloway, Jr. (30/now 33) charged (9/11/19) & indicted (3/4/19) & arraigned (3/6/19) & re arraigned (9/19/19) with 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. Bond denied-Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 4/20/20 (thru 5/1/20)-postponed to 12/7/20.
Information & court hearings from 11/21/17 thru 1/29/20 reference post #635 here:
Still Missing - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

2/11/20 Update: Motion Praecipe filed. 2/19/20: Motion filed Adj. trial & order filed substitute attorney. Next motions hearing on 2/26/20. 2/27/20: Order of Adjournment filed trial/STP. Trial has been cancelled due to appeal, which is sealed.
4/17/20 Update: Ellen K. Michaels is the new lead counsel, replacing William Mitchell III & Sharon Clark Woodside.
4/21/20 Update: Trial has been set to begin on 12/7/20. 4/22/20 Update: Order for Court of Appeals filed.
6/30/20: Notice: Filed request for file COA. 7/23/20: Sent to COA/FTP/Under seal via USPS.
9/23/20 Update: Pretrial hearing on 10/9/20.

Accused killer's trial plans on hold until 2021

October 12, 2020

Susan Vela | Hometownlife.com

Those seeking justice for Danielle Stislicki, a presumably murdered woman, will have to wait until at least 2021 to see her accused murderer in Oakland County Circuit Court again.

Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen told attorneys involved in the high-profile case Friday that she cannot return to managing the case until the Michigan Court of Appeals is through appraising the prosecution and defense of Floyd Galloway.

“Technically, I have no authority at this point to do anything with the case. Is that correct?” McMillen asked over Zoom, to which the attorneys agreed. “We should not be rescheduling anything until after the first of the year.”

They settled on a Jan. 14 hearing, which likely will be followed by more motions and activity prior to any trial. Any hearing will be definite movement for those eager to have a resolution.

This is a VERY long delay in the commencement of the trial. I shudder to think of all the time FG would have out on the streets awaiting trial, if he weren't already in prison (assuming he would have been granted bail, which is not a safe assumption given all the evidence against him). Hope he is rotting away in there. FWIW, IMO he did dispose of Dani in a dumpster, and it's just bad luck that she hasn't been found. Props to the AG for proceeding with the no-body case. The vast majority of these prosecutions are successful - fingers crossed.

This is a VERY long delay in the commencement of the trial. I shudder to think of all the time FG would have out on the streets awaiting trial, if he weren't already in prison (assuming he would have been granted bail, which is not a safe assumption given all the evidence against him). Hope he is rotting away in there. FWIW, IMO he did dispose of Dani in a dumpster, and it's just bad luck that she hasn't been found. Props to the AG for proceeding with the no-body case. The vast majority of these prosecutions are successful - fingers crossed.

Agree, 100 percent!

Lighting Dani's candle.

danisCandle.jpg

October 12, 2020

Susan Vela | Hometownlife.com

Those seeking justice for Danielle Stislicki, a presumably murdered woman, will have to wait until at least 2021 to see her accused murderer in Oakland County Circuit Court again.

Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen told attorneys involved in the high-profile case Friday that she cannot return to managing the case until the Michigan Court of Appeals is through appraising the prosecution and defense of Floyd Galloway.

“Technically, I have no authority at this point to do anything with the case. Is that correct?” McMillen asked over Zoom, to which the attorneys agreed. “We should not be rescheduling anything until after the first of the year.”

They settled on a Jan. 14 hearing, which likely will be followed by more motions and activity prior to any trial. Any hearing will be definite movement for those eager to have a resolution.

So what does this mean or what exactly are they doing? Is this a normal proceeding with cases? Just looking for a basic explanation as to why this is happening. I'd imagine with all the covid stuff going on, that January date will be moved again...

So what does this mean or what exactly are they doing? Is this a normal proceeding with cases? Just looking for a basic explanation as to why this is happening. I'd imagine with all the covid stuff going on, that January date will be moved again...

f9dd08a0-7035-4553-935d-83b96ee58276-GallowayPrelim2.jpg

Danielle Stislicki's best friend Sarah Pollack glares at Floyd Galloway, Jr. from the witness stand as she testifies during his Sept. 9 preliminary exam in Stislicki's disappearance. Pollack grew increasingly worried about Stislicki after she stopped communicating with her on the evening of Dec. 2, 2016.

I feel so horrible for Sarah. It hurts my heart. She had just lost a child and then lost her best friend in the world. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop