MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A month or so later, a maintenance guy clearing tall grass found her lying in an open pasture of the park, on the side of a hill.................................about 100 yards from her car.

You explain it.

According to reports in that case, Lindsey was found in the back of the park in tall grass. 75 yards off of a trail. Didn't see anything about distance from her car.

"That grass was about 5 feet tall during the summer and we normally mow it at this time of the year," Flores said. "He saw what he thought was a body and went over to look. He called me."

Flores said the area where the body was found had been searched, but due to the high grass, the K-9s likely could not get a scent.

"Our deer hunt is Dec. 7, and we had a feeling something might come up once we cut the grass. The state police are working the case and we do not know if it is Lindsey yet," he said..

2iy3cag.jpg

Haven't seen IG's landscaping, maybe they skimp on that too and the grass around IG is as high as an elephant's eye? I dunno.

There is an "abandoned" par 3 golf course behind the complex. Not sure how well maintained it is. But if LE wasn't able to search every unit, she could be inside somewhere too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search party covered all the IG grounds and then some.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But was every apartment searched? Are they even allowed to do that without a specific warrant for each unit?

If she got into someone's car voluntarily, not planned beforehand, we have to imagine that she thought it'd be quick and someone of equal or greater value than her friend. You get the impression her friend is cherished and this dinner was coveted.

If she got into someone's car voluntarily, not planned beforehand, we have to imagine that she thought it'd be quick and someone of equal or greater value than her friend. You get the impression her friend is cherished and this dinner was coveted.

Not necessarily to be equal or greater then her friend, just more important at the moment to do. Someone easily could have given her a BS story that needed her attention more. She was so close with dinner friend, that she would understand when Danielle explained it to her later.

Her family, friends and co workers all say what a kind girl she was.

But was every apartment searched? Are they even allowed to do that without a specific warrant for each unit?

I'm quite sure they need a warrant for each apartment. When I lived in apartments, maintenance couldn't enter without a signature. I believe the units are legally treated as single residences.

Thank you to everyone here who has sent messages and offered kind words of support. I'm just having trouble dealing with it now more than ever. We're about two weeks in now and my heart breaks for everyone. I've never experienced this before. Last summer I lost my childhood best friend to suicide and that's the closest I think I've come to this feeling. I just don't understand this world. I've started having nightmares about it. Last night I dreamt I was at an indoor pool somewhere with a group of friends. We were playing this game I used to play at the community pool after swimming lessons when I was a kid. One person would jump into the water in the deep end and then drop all the way down to the bottom (the pool I used to go to went 12 feet down). Once you were able to stand at the bottom, you would look up and try to shout something. Whoever was at the top would stick their head in the water and see if they could hear you. Dumb kids game, and dangerous now that I think about it, but that's beside the point. Anyway, in my dream we were all there at night though I can't really remember who was with me. I jumped in, pushed myself to the bottom, looked up and started shouting. That's when I looked to my side and noticed someone standing nearby. I floated over and saw that it was Danielle. She was staring up at the top of the pool, unmoving. Then she turned her head to look at me and said "find me". We were underwater and it should be muffled, but it was a dream and clear as day. I got scared and suddenly started floating to the top - like something was pulling me - until I was lifted out of the pool; floating in the air above everyone. I could still see her way down there at the bottom and I started to scream. I woke up in a cold sweat. Never went back to sleep.

I am just at a loss.

Thank you to everyone here who has sent messages and offered kind words of support. I'm just having trouble dealing with it now more than ever. We're about two weeks in now and my heart breaks for everyone. I've never experienced this before. Last summer I lost my childhood best friend to suicide and that's the closest I think I've come to this feeling. I just don't understand this world. I've started having nightmares about it. Last night I dreamt I was at an indoor pool somewhere with a group of friends. We were playing this game I used to play at the community pool after swimming lessons when I was a kid. One person would jump into the water in the deep end and then drop all the way down to the bottom (the pool I used to go to went 12 feet down). Once you were able to stand at the bottom, you would look up and try to shout something. Whoever was at the top would stick their head in the water and see if they could hear you. Dumb kids game, and dangerous now that I think about it, but that's beside the point. Anyway, in my dream we were all there at night though I can't really remember who was with me. I jumped in, pushed myself to the bottom, looked up and started shouting. That's when I looked to my side and noticed someone standing nearby. I floated over and saw that it was Danielle. She was staring up at the top of the pool, unmoving. Then she turned her head to look at me and said "find me". We were underwater and it should be muffled, but it was a dream and clear as day. I got scared and suddenly started floating to the top - like something was pulling me - until I was lifted out of the pool; floating in the air above everyone. I could still see her way down there at the bottom and I started to scream. I woke up in a cold sweat. Never went back to sleep.

I am just at a loss.

I'm so sorry. I hope there is a resolution soon for all her family and friends.

I am just at a loss.
Oh (((Holocene))) I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and Danielle's family.

According to reports in that case, Lindsey was found in the back of the park in tall grass. 75 yards off of a trail. Didn't see anything about distance from her car.

View attachment 106177

Haven't seen IG's landscaping, maybe they skimp on that too and the grass around IG is as high as an elephant's eye? I dunno.

Not only was this girl found in tall grass, but there was also a creek between where she was found and her car.

That's a big park. Not a little, well-groomed city park. 1700 acres = about 3 sections in a Michigan county. Full of underbrush and out of control weed growth around the time Lindsey went missing. Why didn't they mow that tall grass down earlier? Deer hunting = we need to mow weeds, but not for a missing girl?

Big ol' parking lot in between the two locations on this map; looks to be about football field sized, at least a football field in width. I'd guess she was found 500 yards up to a click away from her vehicle. Add in a running creek in between + tall grass and a bit more understandable how the dogs could whiff on whiffing her scent***.

piccone - discovery location - 03.jpg

Between the girl who crawled on top of the Home Depot in FH and this girl, folks sometimes go to great lengths to make themselves scarce when they wanna check out early. Yikes.

***Although I still think a good bloodhound (not a local tracking dog) with a committed handler (handlers are the weak link) should've been able to pick up Lindsey's scent by tracking a few yards out along the edge of the creek on the other side. But who knows.

Hang in there. Post what you feel, however rambly it may be. Hopefully it'll be therapeutic.

How terrifying! I can't imagine how painful it is for DS's family and friends. Fortunately, I don't remember my dreams/nightmares. Your vivid recollection gave me goosebumps, especially after reading Steelman's post earlier about the pool at the complex. But please DO NOT get discouraged, hold onto the recollection of her voice not being muffled in your dream. I pray for her daily and remain hopeful that she be found safe. IIRC, you noted earlier that you are a parent and it's especially hard to not think of our own children and the horror her parents are experiencing. You are all in my thoughts.

I am just at a loss.

Seems too risky to me. They would have no idea if family and friends would be there looking for her. Why bring the car back and risk getting spotted? Just dump it somewhere.

Interesting thoughts....I can see the scenario of just dumping the jeep somewhere if this was a random crime. I don't personally believe this is random. If Danielle did not park her jeep at the apartment, whomever did would be creating the perfect red herring for law enforcment and the investigation going forward. Nobody realizes for approximately 24 hours that anything's wrong. That's 24 hours the perp has to cover his or her tacks. When law enforcement is notfied that Danielle is missing, they then spend their time scouring the apartment complex, searching the grounds, interviewing potential eye witnesses and neighbors. This is just more time that the perp has to their advantage. Until video, or backed up testimony confirms she parked there, I'm not going to be convinced. The fact that her purse/wallett are not missing also suggests this was not a random crime. In a random situation, I can see the jeep being dumped somewhere else and her purse and wallett being stolen.

If someone did bring her car back, then this has to be a two person crime, right?

How terrifying! I can't imagine how painful it is for DS's family and friends. Fortunately, I don't remember my dreams/nightmares. Your vivid recollection gave me goosebumps, especially after reading Steelman's post earlier about the pool at the complex. But please DO NOT get discouraged, hold onto the recollection of her voice not being muffled in your dream. I pray for her daily and remain hopeful that she be found safe. IIRC, you noted earlier that you are a parent and it's especially hard to not think of our own children and the horror her parents are experiencing. You are all in my thoughts.
I actually think my mind was playing off of some of those things I've read over the last week (the pool, ice arena, etc.). I know it's not healthy to live in fear, but I can't help but worry about my baby more than ever now. I have my wife text me constantly so I know where she is and if she's safe.

If someone did bring her car back, then this has to be a two person crime, right?

UBER? Pretty easy walk up to Grand River and the on-ramp area, where there are a couple of 24 hour gas stations, and have one meet you there.

But I'm thinking at least 2 people, yes. Regardless of whether she was picked up or she drove somewhere and someone drove her vehicle back later.

I don't see that it has to be a two person crime, there's many scenario's to consider such as parking the jeep there sometime overnight when people would be most likely sleeping. Walking out of the complex and using a cell phone to have someone pick up the person who dropped off the jeep. Catching a bus, uber, taxi cabs or depending on where the perp lived, possibly even walking back to his or her apartment if it was in that complex, or somewhat nearby.

I am just at a loss.

I can't imagine the stress and sadness your family and Danis family is enduring right now. From the outpouring of love and sadness and community supportI've I have seen, she is a very special person who meant the world to all that knew her. I see messages from people that she touched every single day with kind words and her beautiful smile. You must feel helpless and worried about your sister as well. We are here for you. It's a safe space.

Thank you for continuing to come in here, even having to see and read things that make you uncomfortable and sad, but still supporting us and answering what you can.

Dani, we will find you.

If DS walked to another apartment at IG from either her vehicle or apartment, wouldn't a bloodhound or even run-of-the-mill tracking dog have been able to lead LE directly to where she walked?

Under the DS walked to someone else's apartment at IG on Friday evening scenario, the next day was the first Saturday of the month---move in/move out day in these large apartment complexes. Likely all manner of moving trucks/vans/friends with trucks hauling large items in and out of IG that day.
Have dogs even been out to search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members