MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it would appear that if she was "last seen driving her muddy Jeep from work about 5pm" (mlive.com and freep.com articles) and expected to be at her friend's house by 5:30, then she likely left her purse/wallet in the car because she expected to be in and out of her apt in a matter of minutes. From steelman's map, work was at least a 12-15 min drive away from her apt, so she was on a tight schedule if those times are correct. She probably just swung by to get that change of clothes (per mom's statement at pc) and planned to continue on to her gf's place. Probably didn't even have time to groc shop, though may have entertained doing that after her 5:30 arrival at the gf's place.

ETA: or, maybe also stopped to pick up groc ingredients from her apt fridge if bought the night before in preparation for cooking. In which case, her hands would be pretty full (with groc bag and overnight bag) so would also make sense to leave purse in car.

I don't have anything new to add but I just looked through her instagram and wanted to say she seems incredibly smart, funny, and well liked. I could easily see myself hanging out with her and am not surprised she has so many friends rallying around her. I really want to ask her what flavor MCT oil she uses for her tea :(.

Smallfry, I don't think screenshots are allowed but regarding friends giving he Advice, it could possibly be because she had just gone through a breakup and they were just encouraging her to keep her head up.

Without trying to run straight at an argument, putting forward that she may have been pregnant as a theory seems a little weird.

There's a difference between a theory based on 'DS posted this on SM which leads me to believe there's a possibility she was pregnant' or 'She was posting pins on Pinterest that could be to do with this, but could they possibly be because she was pregnant?' than straight up out of nowhere putting it forward as a theory. I mean, if we go down that route, we could start all sorts of theories that lead us down unhelpful avenues.

'Perhaps she was secretly gay and when she came out, someone didn't like it'

'Perhaps she was unknowingly ill and found out that day and walked off...'

As valid as those scenarios could be, I feel like it could be quite damaging to go down the route of them as theories without any sort of indication towards them being factual. Suppose the pregnancy theory gains legs and then on SM someone says they've heard she may have been pregnant and then full circle we are discussing how it looks as though she may have been pregnant.

I don't dismiss the theory as being possible at all, it's definitely possible - as it is possible for most females to be pregnant at any one time. But without there being any basis for thinking she may have been, I feel like it could do more damage than good to be discussing it as a particular, individual theory. Just my opinion, please don't tell me off! :) :)

I honestly, with all due respect, couldn't disagree more. Nothing can be discredited as long as it's probable. It may not be likely, but certainty not impossible.

(This from someone that doesn't subscribe to the pregnancy theory btw.)

I honestly, with all due respect, couldn't disagree more. Nothing can be discredited as long as it's probable. It may not be likely, but certainty not impossible.

(This from someone that doesn't subscribe to the pregnancy theory btw.)

That's why we are a big old melting pot of different opinions and theories. Always with one goal. It's good to talk it out :)

Because of her key chain and her Etsy interests. You just said it yourself. They are tangible things that link to those theories. Surmising she's pregnant is out of thin air and doesn't connect to any facts we currently have.

That's all I'm saying; it doesn't connect anywhere. It's as left field as suggesting she might have decided to join the circus. I think we should work with what we have, rather than overfilling the pot with every single possible thing that could've happened. We wouldn't get anywhere that way... well, at least I don't think we would. I love you enough to agree to disagree Gulf :)

So is sex trafficking and a million other ideas floating around. On the surface they seem outrageous, but with no facts either direction, they ARE a possibility.

She prob has a better chance statistically of being pregnant than snatched by a stranger 8 feet from her door step, in daylight, in a big complex, with no sound made. Just mo ofcourse

Trust me...you can't even breathe when you get maced...much less scream. Mace I would think is not a common tool of the trade for abductors because even if you don't spray it on yourself, you've sprayed it on someone you're taking. It would affect you too.

I think why I can't let go of the perp leaving the car there is the PURSE.
Dani had to go in her apt..feed her cat...pack a bag..maybe grab some groceries/kitchen stuff, maybe go to the bathroom. It's christmas, it's getting dark, and all this would take more than 1-2 min. Women are conditioned to have their purses. We grab them unconsciously and when we purposely leave them in a car and leave the car, there's always a sense of ...crap..I shouldn't have left my purse in the car..her money and credit cards were in there..what would be the point of her NOT taking her purse? It's just an auto reflex to me.
OR..the perp could very well been on foot or parked his car and was out...crime of opportunity..approached her as she was getting out of her car, disabled her or just threatened her..he takes her away in her own car and then returns it to the same spot. That seems like a likely scenario as then he wouldn't have had to drag her back to HIS car or if he was on foot..he NEEDS her car to go to a second location. Then he brings it back and drives off in his car or leaves on foot.

I don't always take mine in....a lot of times I'm running errands and run home or into a store etc and just take keys and phone or money if I need it in my pocket. If I'm making a quick pit stop. An hour I take it in...10/15 mins not usually

If she ran in to feed the cat/pack a bag and was planning on being out within 15 mins I would do the same. The car is8 feet from her door, she may gave her hands full leaving..,bag, groceries etc.

We don't even know where in the vehicle the purse was, do we? If I'm running into my house or even in a store really quickly, I will take my wallet (if going in a store) and tuck my purse under the seat where it can't be seen and lock my doors. She could have had it locked in a compartment in her car rather than it just being left out in the open and visible to someone looking in.

This post is purely educational and isn't meant to be pertinent to this case.

Mace/pepper spray does not take away your ability to scream. It might make you cough, likely will, but doesn't mean you cannot scream.

Tasers do not render you silent and incapable of screaming, grunting or otherwise making noises. It does not render you unconscious like on tv.

I know this from first hand knowledge.

Just informational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mace/pepper spray does not take away your ability to scream. It might make you cough, likely will, but doesn't mean you cannot scream.

Tasers do not render you silent and incapable of screaming, grunting or otherwise making noises. It does not render you unconscious like on tv.

Just informational.

I said that about Mace because I also know thru experience...you get maced in the face and it is extremely hard to breathe...you're gasping and coughing to much. Again..jmo

I will concede the purse theory...it seems it may be a "younger" generation thing to do so..Phones are the "new purse". Nobody goes anywhere without them!
It doesn't eliminate the theory that he got her coming out of her car in the parking lot and took her away in that same car tho. CURSES on no cameras in that place. UGH

I said that about Mace because I also know thru experience...you get maced in the face and it is extremely hard to breathe...you're gasping and coughing to much. Again..jmo

I will concede the purse theory...it seems it may be a "younger" generation thing to do so..Phones are the "new purse". Nobody goes anywhere without them!
It doesn't eliminate the theory that he got her coming out of her car in the parking lot and took her away in that same car tho. CURSES on no cameras in that place. UGH

Worked on and off for 30+ years in behavioral health. We learned how to protect ourselves and how to take men several times our size down. Everyone can react different to a situation. Which further leads to our issue here of not being able to rule out some situations.
No cameras and very little for us to go on, ugh is right.

Agreed. As for Atomic Angela (is that her name) who had the encounter that no one seems to give a d*** about? I wouldn't be worried about it being part of the investigation as being a reason why you don't give info out..LE would've told you to keep your mouth shut and I myself, would be tempted to call a reporter or someone and tell them about your encounter in case someone ELSE was also approached or worse by the same guy. I am so peeved that they think the public is of no use to them. Winter is here...no searches are going to be conducted in this weather. It reminds me of Chelsea Bruck once the snow hit.

Yea, blowing off this info is really weird. I feel like they have nothing, so this would be SOMETHING. But since they're blowing it off, then they must have something else?

This person could have been just somebody there casing the complex, looking for unlocked doors or windows (or looking in cars for valuables). Could have also been the person responsible for her disappearance (I doubt this unless Atomic encountered him before DS got home), OR he was a lookout for the person responsible.

I'm north of 45, although I'd love to be labeled "younger generation" I'm fairly certain I'm not lol....

Just informational.

Agreed. Mace or pepper would have made her scream so loud someone would have noticed....

If it was random I'm sure it was most likely stun gun.

I am of the non random, known to DS camp tho.....

There was nothing in his hand. There was approximately 10ish feet between our bumpers, maybe a bit more. He did reverse out as he was pulled in a parking spot. There was no one in the lot at the time and the security lights were burnt out (and have since been fixed). You cannot see me getting out of my car if you just happened to pull into the lot, you have to be right on my building. He followed me into the lot and parked. I thought he was a neighbor who drives a similar car and didn't think anything of it.

I feel like I can't explain it. It wasn't necessarily the questions, it was the way it all happened. The personality? Tha mannerisms? I told the police he was remarkably average except that he kept looking around. Like, head moving looking around the entire time we were talking. He very abruptly started walking toward me while still looking around. Questions were very fast, like not waiting for my response before he started talking.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have asked literally everyone I've told about this if im overreacting. I don't want to make something out of nothing, I don't want to waste LE time. I have nothing to gain from this except my mom calling every hour to ask if I'm okay which surprisingly I don't want. I hope it was just a guy looking for an apartment but it's that gut feeling that I can't shake.

Thanks for sharing! ALWAYS trust your gut. You felt uneasy for a reason.

Stun guns and tasers are also not silent. Quieter than guns... but certainly not silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members