MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW we discussed the friend and her baby alleged killer etc in thread one and it got deleted- not sure if we can discuss or not or what ?

That said I researched this a lot way back when. I concluded it's coincidental. Also her friend works nights and had to work the next night (Saturday)-so the next day she got some sleep before work and when she woke she was even more concerned about not hearing from Danielle. I also concluded that her falling asleep Friday night had to do with her schedule and being tired from working 7p-7a. It's been a while, but that's what I remember. I'm sure someone whose read it more recently can correct any of my misremembering.

No links. It's all on her social media that we can't link. And I'm not sure what has been allowed since then- but way back when we weren't able to discuss any of this- just catching up now and see there are lots of posts about it.

Also all my opinion obviously - there could be a connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent quite a bit of time looking into this early on (looking at my old posts, first posted about the potential link back on 12/9) also, but had multiple posts deleted and was afraid of being put on a time-out :scared:, so have kept my mouth shut since. I'd like reiterate that I would never, ever in a million years even consider possibility that Danielle's friend, whose infant son's life was taken in such a horrific and tragic manner, would do anything to help the person who is accused of carrying out the deed, and I never have. If the friend's ex/the father of her deceased child had anything to do with Danielle's disappearance, it was something he planned and carried out all on his own (albeit possibly with help from someone other than the friend), IMO.

When I last posted about this three weeks ago, a pre-trial hearing, which was originally scheduled for 12/6, had just been "reset by Court to 12/13." The hearing did take place on 12/13, at which time the judge granted the defendant a bond. He had been arrested on 09/28/2015 on charges of Felony Murder and 1st Degree Child Abuse, been in jail for over a year, and this was the very first time he was given a bail ($50,000.00, Cash or Surety). He continues to be in the custody of Wayne County Sheriff, however.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Danielle has participated in the prosecution of the case in any capacity. What I do find interesting is that she and the friend (a victim, along with her son, in the case) had planned on having dinner together -followed by a sleepover, despite the fact that Danielle was scheduled to go into work at eight o'clock the following day- four days before this pre-trial hearing was to take place (I should point out that there have been numerous hearings and delays in the case), once Danielle goes missing, the hearing is postponed, and then when the hearing does take place, the defendant is granted a bond for the first time after over a year in custody. It may also be worth mentioning that her mom said during the press conference that Danielle had a "meeting" with her friend the night she disappeared, and that it was "important for her to meet with her best friend that day."

MI Department of Correction was one of the investigative agencies mentioned at the press conference: The defendant in the case has served a total of about five years in the state prison system.

My thought is he might have known someone from when he was previously incarcerated, who might have been willing to harm Danielle on his behalf, in order to prevent her from testifying against him in Court.

Again, I haven't found any evidence of Danielle having anything to do with the prosecution of this case. Also, the defendant in the case having something to do with her disappearance is just one of the many scenarios I've thought about. And I have no idea how FG would fit into this at all.

For those who may be interested:

1. First. second, third and fourth attachments show the court actions regarding the killing of the baby :(. (Link: https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=2498482)

2. Fifth showing defendant's criminal history in MI. (Link: https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/Search....022,2023,2024&NodeDesc=Third+Judicial+Circuit)

das 1 01012017.jpg
das 2 01012017.jpg
das 3 01012017.jpg
das 4 01012017.jpg
ds 12072016.jpg

"Wayne County Inmate Search" page: http://www.waynecounty.com/sheriff/wayne-county-inmate-search.htm

I have often thought it was strange that she was spending the night at a friends house the day before an 8AM training. One possibility is that there would be alcohol and she did not want to drive home. But is that the case here? Wouldn't it be more fun to doit on an eve of a day off? And I also have thought it was really strange to hear her mother say "a meeting with friend". My boyfriend (and now I) live in Sweden. One of the 1st language differences I noticed is that Swedes say "We are have a meeting Friday night" when they in fact mean "we are getting together Friday night". And the reason I immediately noticed thist linguistic difference used my he and his friends is that I have NEVER heard an American refer to social plans as a "meeting". Have you? And why was her mother so quick to say "I think her kind and helpful spirit got her into this predicament:. It seems more reasonable to just think her child was randomly abducted than to assume it was the result of being helpful. Unless you knew more.

Presage to the case going fully public? Lawyer says to stop acting like you're guilty and put on the best possible public-facing image.

Would be more convincing if he made a statement to the effect that he wasn't involved. I certainly would. Whether on social media or to the press or both. Heck, even if one were guilty, you might wanna make that statement.

Unless, unless...your only play isn't to hope and pray they never find out where you hid her.

That is, if FG's best hope/only hope is that they never find her and / or connect him to her, then he has nothing to lose by making a public statement saying "100% not involved" right now. Cuz it's game over regardless of what he says now if they find her/connect him to her later.

However, if FG has another card to play even if they do find her, he wouldn't wanna make a public statement saying he was not involved when that card/defense might be:

"I was involved but I didn't kill her. I only messed up and hid her body after she OD'd"

if that's still out there as a possibility, then a public statement now saying "not involved" would come back to hurt him on down the road if he has to switch to "involved, but didn't kill her, only hid her body to avoid LE implications of providing her the substances she took".

You would think his wife would want him to make a "100% not involved" public pronouncement ASAP....unless his wife has an understanding of the circumstances and the circumstances are more the latter situation (OD, hid body).
Respectfully BBM.

Regardless of guilt or innocence, personally, I would deactivate all of my SM accounts if my residence (including the street number) were shown in a clip as part of a news story involving a missing person -in which it was suspected a crime occurred- and wouldn't reactivate them at least until a POI (other than myself) was publicly identified.

Likewise, I would not discuss the case whatsoever via SM but would have my attorney release a statement asserting my innocence, if innocent. If guilty in any capacity, then even as a layperson, my guess is it would be prudent to refrain from doing so, for negotiation purposes.

I'm sure I am over-analyzing, but the timing at which FG's FB page has reappeared is somewhat interesting to me. It was "gone" for exactly a week, as if there is a standard procedure of sort being followed :thinking:.

I spent quite a bit of time looking into this early on (looking at my old posts, first posted about the potential link back on 12/9) also, but had multiple posts deleted and was afraid of being put on a time-out :scared:, so have kept my mouth shut about it since. I'd like reiterate that I would never, ever in a million years even consider possibility that Danielle's friend, whose infant son's life was taken in such a horrific and tragic manner, would do anything to help the person who is accused of carrying out the deed, and I never have. If the friend's ex/the father of her deceased child had anything to do with Danielle's disappearance, it was something he planned and carried out all on his own (albeit possibly with help from someone other than the friend), IMO.

When I last posted about this three weeks ago, a pre-trial hearing, which was originally scheduled for 12/6, had just been "reset by Court to 12/13." The hearing did take place on 12/13, at which time the judge granted the defendant a bond. He had been arrested on 09/28/2015 on charges of Felony Murder and 1st Degree Child Abuse, been in jail for over a year, and this was the very first time he was given a bail ($50,000.00, Cash or Surety). He continues to be in the custody of Wayne County Sheriff, however.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Danielle has participated in the prosecution of the case in any capacity. What I do find interesting is that she and the friend (a victim, along with her son, in the case) had planned on having dinner together -followed by a sleepover, despite the fact that Danielle was scheduled to go into work at eight o'clock the following day- four days before this pre-trial hearing was to take place (I should point out that there have been numerous hearings and delays in the case), once Danielle goes missing, the hearing is postponed, and then when the hearing does take place, the defendant is granted a bond for the first time after over a year in custody. It may also be worth mentioning that her mom said during the press conference that Danielle had a "meeting" with her friend the night she disappeared, and that it was "important for her to meet with her best friend that day."

MI Department of Correction was one of the investigative agencies mentioned at the press conference: The defendant in the case has served a total of about five years in the state prison system.

My thought is he might know someone from when he was previously incarcerated, who might have been willing to harm Danielle on his behalf, in order to prevent her from testifying against him in Court.

Again, I haven't found any evidence of Danielle having anything to do with the prosecution of this case. Also, the defendant in the case having something to do with her disappearance is just one of the many scenarios I've thought about. And I have no idea how FG would fit into this at all.

For those who may be interested:

1. First. second, third and fourth attachments show the court actions regarding the killing of the baby :(. (Link: https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=2498482)

2. Fifth showing defendant's criminal history in MI. (Link: https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/Search....022,2023,2024&NodeDesc=Third+Judicial+Circuit)

View attachment 107014
View attachment 107015
View attachment 107016
View attachment 107017
View attachment 107018

"Wayne County Inmate Search" page: http://www.waynecounty.com/sheriff/wayne-county-inmate-search.htm

One of my theories is sort of close to yours. Men who abuse are dangerous, often to both kids and mom. Women who are abused are at a much higher likelihood of being murdered when pregnant or have just had babies; abuse can intensify around that time. Women often stay with/defend their abusers, love them deeply, and hope they will change. What I wondered is if the friend was starting to separate herself emotionally from the infant's father. Maybe even starting to allow herself to believe the medical experts' opinions. What if DS was supportive -- not involved as in "going to testify" but involved in helping her friend get strong and independent of her relationship. Boy, wouldn't that be a threat to an abusive partner? Might make an abuser want to retaliate, hurt his partner, scare her. What could be more hurtful or scary than your best friend disappearing? First your baby, next your friend. All just a theory.

At the press conference, her mom used two phrases that I thought were interesting -- "meet with her friend" was one, the other was "adventure with her friend." I don't know if either of those mean anything, but both stood out to me.

Respectfully BBM.

Regardless of guilt or innocence, personally, I would deactivate all of my SM accounts if my residence (including the street number) were shown in a clip as part of a news story involving a missing person -in which it was suspected a crime occurred- and wouldn't reactivate them at least until a POI (other than myself) was publicly identified.

Likewise, I would not discuss the case whatsoever via SM but would have my attorney release a statement asserting my innocence, if innocent. If guilty in any capacity, then even as a layperson, my guess is it would be prudent to refrain from doing so, for negotiation purposes.

I'm sure I am over-analyzing, but the timing at which FG's FB page has reappeared is somewhat interesting to me. It was "gone" for exactly a week, as if there is a standard procedure of sort being followed :thinking:.

I totally agree with you about deactivating social media if a picture of my home and its address were publicized. However, since his name hasn't been mentioned in any reports, I would not make a statement or have my lawyer issue a statement, especially if I were innocent. I would hope that LE identified and publicized a POI quickly and that people would move on and forget that my address ever had any association with the crime. By making a statement, anyone who wasn't following along enough to actually do the search and find my name would now see it just by googling Danielle Stislicki, FOREVER. People would not always read on and see the later articles saying, "not involved". I would simply want to keep my name and online history as clean as possible with as few associations to the crime as possible, and wait it out. Memory researchers have established over and over again that people are not good at updating their memories when information is later found to be false, and they often forget the word "not" as in FG was "not" involved -- then they have this vague association with FG and DS and can't remember...was he NOT involved, or was he INVOLVED? On the other hand, assuming he's innocent, if his name never surfaces broadly, people will remember vaguely that at first police thought a security guard was involved and searched some house someplace.

I'm not totally caught up on #5 yet and maybe this has already been discussed. I'm sure by now they have the last place her phone pinged and they would want to search there. Another reason requesting no searches is odd. Pretty sure they have her phone records by now too. A PI could do that so I'm sure police have it in such a high profile case.
Also read through this link from the state of Michigan website on what to do in case someone is missing. A lot of things are contradictory in this case. It specifically mentions if you disagree with police request of no searches for your missing person, there are volunteer organizations that can help you. We have all seen local and national volunteer organizations step in to help in missing persons cases. I just don't get it. Finding Danielle would give the most evidence of what happened to her and who is involved. They should want all the help they can get unless they already know but need to find her for a reason.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1878_32000-299532--,00.html

I totally agree with you about deactivating social media if a picture of my home and its address were publicized. However, since his name hasn't been mentioned in any reports, I would not make a statement or have my lawyer issue a statement, especially if I were innocent. I would hope that LE identified and publicized a POI quickly and that people would move on and forget that my address ever had any association with the crime. By making a statement, anyone who wasn't following along enough to actually do the search and find my name would now see it just by googling Danielle Stislicki, FOREVER. People would not always read on and see the later articles saying, "not involved". I would simply want to keep my name and online history as clean as possible with as few associations to the crime as possible, and wait it out. Memory researchers have established over and over again that people are not good at updating their memories when information is later found to be false, and they often forget the word "not" as in FG was "not" involved -- then they have this vague association with FG and DS and can't remember...was he NOT involved, or was he INVOLVED? On the other hand, assuming he's innocent, if his name never surfaces broadly, people will remember vaguely that at first police thought a security guard was involved and searched some house someplace.

Excellent point. I agree.

Another thing mentioned in State of Michigan link is to wait 72 hrs to file report if person is still missing. By that time Danielle's case already had a dozen or more state local and federal agencies involved

I have often thought it was strange that she was spending the night at a friends house the day before an 8AM training. One possibility is that there would be alcohol and she did not want to drive home. But is that the case here? Wouldn't it be more fun to doit on an eve of a day off? And I also have thought it was really strange to hear her mother say "a meeting with friend". My boyfriend (and now I) live in Sweden. One of the 1st language differences I noticed is that Swedes say "We are have a meeting Friday night" when they in fact mean "we are getting together Friday night". And the reason I immediately noticed thist linguistic difference used my he and his friends is that I have NEVER heard an American refer to social plans as a "meeting". Have you? And why was her mother so quick to say "I think her kind and helpful spirit got her into this predicament:. It seems more reasonable to just think her child was randomly abducted than to assume it was the result of being helpful. Unless you knew more.

Interesting point about "meet with" friend -- I totally agree that it was an interesting choice of word. And also that she described it as "very important to meet with her friend that night." Why that night?

On the other hand, if you've ever suffered a huge loss and become seriously depressed -- as in, can hardly get out of bed or comb your hair depressed -- part of that can be intense loneliness and wanting people and distractions around as much as possible. Needing to be cared for. It sounds like DS played something of a caretaker role in her friend's life during that time. Maybe her friend was grieving particularly heavily during the holiday season and really needed her friend, which may explain why DS decided to go to her apartment, cook her dinner and spend the night, despite that she had to work the next morning.

I wish my mind would let this thought go for a little while, but I wonder her mother's comment about her "compassionate nature" isn't that she helped someone who needed a ride...but that she put herself in harm's way by caring for a friend who was vulnerable to an abuser.

I don't know. I'm a lawyer and if I were representing a client who was under suspicion for something like this, the absolute first thing I'd do is tell him to stay off of social media unless and until he was officially/publicly cleared by the cops. Too many things can backfire when you're dealing with a Facebook page for it to be any type of PR move to make the public think you're not guilty.

And I do find it interesting that when you search for him, the little blurb thing indicates he has read "To Kill A Mockingbird." I don't remember that part coming up when I looked for his profile last week. [emoji848]

As a lawyer, could you explain what sort of information LE would have needed to provide to obtain a search warrant for his home/car?

I am confused by the dismissal of him as a POI by some. They haven't just picked a random guy and searched his home without reason. But I'd be interested to hear exactly how much LE would have had to have known to obtain a warrant. TIA :)

To Kill a Mockingbird? [emoji849]

As a lawyer, could you explain what sort of information LE would have needed to provide to obtain a search warrant for his home/car?

I am confused by the dismissal of him as a POI by some. They haven't just picked a random guy and searched his home without reason. But I'd be interested to hear exactly how much LE would have had to have known to obtain a warrant. TIA :)

To Kill a Mockingbird? [emoji849]

I think most of the "dismissals" of him as a POI have been heavily hedged by "if". "This would be my behavior 'if' I were innocent." I think some people were just responding to the line of reasoning that said, "he must be guilty, otherwise, why not make a statement? Why deactive/lock down his FB account?" I haven't seen many people come down on the side of "definitely not involved."

One of my theories is sort of close to yours. Men who abuse are dangerous, often to both kids and mom. Women who are abused are at a much higher likelihood of being murdered when pregnant or have just had babies; abuse can intensify around that time. Women often stay with/defend their abusers, love them deeply, and hope they will change. What I wondered is if the friend was starting to separate herself emotionally from the infant's father. Maybe even starting to allow herself to believe the medical experts' opinions. What if DS was supportive -- not involved as in "going to testify" but involved in helping her friend get strong and independent of her relationship. Boy, wouldn't that be a threat to an abusive partner? Might make an abuser want to retaliate, hurt his partner, scare her. What could be more hurtful or scary than your best friend disappearing? First your baby, next your friend. All just a theory.

At the press conference, her mom used two phrases that I thought were interesting -- "meet with her friend" was one, the other was "adventure with her friend." I don't know if either of those mean anything, but both stood out to me.
That's exactly my thoughts as well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Even if you don't wanna publicly proclaim your innocence, why not meet with and talk to the investigators, with your attorney present?

Say, hey, I want you guys to know you got the wrong person, and I want this cleared up ASAP; so you guys don't waste any more time on me and instead get out there and find the real perp.

I think most of the "dismissals" of him as a POI have been heavily hedged by "if". "This would be my behavior 'if' I were innocent." I think some people were just responding to the line of reasoning that said, "he must be guilty, otherwise, why not make a statement? Why deactive/lock down his FB account?" I haven't seen many people come down on the side of "definitely not involved."

Oh no, I am not in the "he's definitely guilty" camp either. I just don't understand the "I just can't see him being POI" views. I would think LE have reasonable suspicion in order to search his home. It may turn out to be nothing, but I think it's jumping the gun to rule him out on hunches without knowing the reasons he was searched in the first place. I'd just like a bit more information on what would have been required to search, just to get an idea of that bit of it. :)

Even if you don't wanna publicly proclaim your innocence, why not meet with and talk to the investigators, with your attorney present?

Say, hey, I want you guys to know you got the wrong person, and I want this cleared up ASAP; so you guys don't waste any more time on me and instead get out there and find the real perp.

I would do whatever my lawyer told me to do LE first raided my home, and then conducted multiple searches in connection with an abduction/murder and started hauling things out of my house. I would not decide for myself what the best way to handle things would be. If my lawyer said, "do not agree to be questioned" I would not agree to be questioned.

That's the rub, eh? Innocent people don't usually garner this much LE time and attention.
IT happens. Could be the case here. But from what little we know, LE has focused a significant amount of time and energy on this POI, from almost the get-go.

I agree 100% that if this POI is involved, then not saying anything to anyone is the way to go, in terms of trying to escape culpability.

I don't think DS was going to her friends house to prepare to testify. From what I can tell the friend was still supporting the father ( end of Sept 2016 ) of her baby he is accused of killing.

Although I think it is highly probable that he committed said crime, it should be noted the the same Washtenaw County ME & U of M child abuse team has in the past made questionable calls as to whether injuries resulted from abuse or accident. There was a case in Livingston County (look up Josh Burns) similar circumstances. Also, while filling a tub full of cold water and dipping a 10 week old baby in it seems ridiculous to us, in that moment with his 10 week old baby seemingly unresponsive he may have not thought it through. Also, infants fracture clavicles all the time during the delivery process...like I said I don't doubt he did it, just am I bit distrusting of the Washtenaw County ME and U of M's Child Abuse team...

Although I think it is highly probable that he committed said crime, it should be noted the the same Washtenaw County ME & U of M child abuse team has in the past made questionable calls as to whether injuries resulted from abuse or accident. There was a case in Livingston County (look up Josh Burns) similar circumstances. Also, while filling a tub full of cold water and dipping a 10 week old baby in it seems ridiculous to us, in that moment with his 10 week old baby seemingly unresponsive he may have not thought it through. Also, infants fracture clavicles all the time during the delivery process...like I said I don't doubt he did it, just am I bit distrusting of the Washtenaw County ME and U of M's Child Abuse team...

I agree it's highly probable. He has a history of violent crime, it's not like this suddenly came out of the blue. Also, calling her at work? Instead of 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay