MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE does not Believe she drove home. Key word. Believe
They don't really know themselves IMO

Agree. LE making well thought assumptions based on things in car, seat placement, radio station or no radio on, windshield wiper blades upright when it wasn't raining at that time, gum wrapper and she didn't chew gum, mirrors in wrong position for her height, doors locked and she might have never locked her car etc... these are all fictional assumption based comments I could see leading them to believe she did not drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, every time you go out, do you have to grab a ring with the house key on it and then a ring with your key fob (car key)? I hadn't thought about that being something someone would do. I've had one of those detachable rings, or something similar, but I didn't see that on the IG photo.

Nope...they are just always in my purse. I never actually need to take my fob out unless I want to leave my purse in my car, which I do constantly honestly. I am always running into a store, post office, kids school or after school activity where I don't want my purse so I grab phone and fob and leave purse in the car. Depending on the errand adds the wallet along with phone andfob.

I think they said that because she did not go into her apt.
If they have proof she did not drive it there why no arrest.
If they believe she is the victim of a crime there must be some evidence don't ya think

I just find it hard to believe that, from what we know and were told, NO ONE saw anything in that area. Which leads me to believe, that because they made the statement about her possibly not driving the car home, either a camera or a person caught a glimpse. I mean- fastest way is either a busy road back to FH or 696 and its a madhouse in this area 330-6, I drive it home all the time. There are security cameras at gas stations, restaurants, traffic cams all up and down the highway, etc. JMO. Unless there was some off the wall route taken, and we obviously don't know what really happened from when she left work all the way to 6pm on Saturday. For all we know, the car could have been returned later in the day on Saturday or an hour after she left work. Gahhh, the unanswered questions are driving me nuts!

Or they do but don't want to release they know for sure. Case is very tight lipped for whatever reason LE wants it that way.

This thread today is great, lots of ideas, no fighting over it, just bouncing off each other with possibilities.

Was it actually stated the laptop was under the seat? Wondering if I missed that. If this was me I would have probably put my purse on the passenger seat and possibly the laptop, or set the laptop on back seat if I was planning on driving home to grab a couple things. Then once I got home grabbed my things or if planning on running in for a couple minutes just left them in the vehicle. She was scheduled to work the next day so she would have needed the laptop most likely.

That's what I would do to but I live in a house so my cars in the driveway..if I have my purse or laptop in my car and I'm parking into a parking lot I stuff it under the seat as well as I can so that nobody sees I have stuff worth stealing and since she lives in an apartment complex and has to park in the lot, she might do that when running into the apartment because the parking lot isn't as private as a driveway at a house. When I'm running into my house I leave my purse out on the seat lol.

Not necessarily. The word is chosen as is all of theirs. They know way more than us. They are playing tight...they are not going to give definitive. I wouldn't put stock into that word imo

The FHPD Assistant Chief was quoted yesterday saying:

Reached Thursday, Assistant Chief Matt Koehn said his department is “working diligently and making progress.”

“We have quite a bit of evidence that we’re analyzing and following up on tips,” Koehn said, adding investigators are limited in what they can release so as not to hinder the probe.

“We’re looking for the public’s help in anyway possible — specifically anyone who may have seen her leaving the building.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/01/12/family-buoyed-support-search-mich-woman/96519688/

LE believes that whatever happened started at MetLife. I don't know what else to make of this comment. (I believe Koehn is referring to DS leaving MetLife, not her apt bldg.)

Another thing, about the keys- I do not think the keys are with DS. I think the perp left DS someplace prior to returning the Jeep to the apt. He needed the keys to drive the Jeep.

I don't find it odd that the keys are missing. I think it would have been more unusual if the keys were found locked in the car. Who does that ?

About why LE thinks DS did not bring her car to the apt complex- this is a long shot, and absolutely nothing said substantiates it but, there was a case near me where a nurse was missing and her car was found parked in a strip mall. When her friends saw the way the car was parked, they were adamant she did not park it. I think the car was backed in and they said she would never do that. It was later learned her husband had killed her. I don't think this is the case with DS.

Thanks bb345, this is what I found online, the map is suggesting 13 mile road and 12 mile road, a 9.4 mile trek.
View attachment 107737

This is being conservative using a general area, but if we use exact addresses, then it turns it into 14-15 miles. But someone could have picked him up along the way and he wouldn't have even had to bike that far.

I don't have a new enough car to have a fob but my ILs do. We've driven it on long trips, and they have 2 fobs for the car. One keyring has a fob plus house keys, the other fob is on a ring by itself. My FIL takes the full keyring into the house and locks the car at home, but takes only the fob to lock the door when he's out and about. So full keyring stays in the car. It's possible DS has 2 fobs and uses a similar system? IMO only

About why LE thinks DS did not bring her car to the apt complex- this is a long shot, and absolutely nothing said substantiates it but, there was a case near me where a nurse was missing and her car was found parked in a strip mall. When her friends saw the way the car was parked, they were adamant she did not park it. I think the car was backed in and they said she would never do that. It was later learned her husband had killed her. I don't think this is the case with DS.
Perhaps the driver's seat and mirrors were adjusted for a much taller person.

Hopefully someone will chime in that has a Jeep Renegade. I couldn't remember if DS had a 2015 or other year model, but the little looking online shows there is a problem with locking the doors. Kinda scary where art least one owner reported not being able to lock the doors with the key fob remotely.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Jeep/R...rior/doors_wont_lock_unlock_with_remote.shtml

I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot, and though it's not the Renegade, I have problems with the locks. Sometimes I have to click "unlock" or "lock" at least twice for the remote to work. Even when I'm right next to the door.

I'm trying to catch up this morning, but about the car being parked at her apartment. If it was not Danielle who drove it there, (which I believe is fact?), I would have to imagine the individual who did would know about the cameras not working. Right?

Or they do but don't want to release they know for sure. Case is very tight lipped for whatever reason LE wants it that way.

This thread today is great, lots of ideas, no fighting over it, just bouncing off each other with possibilities.

This is the way it should be.
We all have thoughts and theories.
All are respected.

Originally Posted by soanyway
Hopefully someone will chime in that has a Jeep Renegade. I couldn't remember if DS had a 2015 or other year model, but the little looking online shows there is a problem with locking the doors. Kinda scary where art least one owner reported not being able to lock the doors with the key fob remotely.

A number of sources stated it was a 2015 Jeep Renegade. I can't find the first but these are a few.
http://on.freep.com/2hxlFiU http://fxn.ws/2hZAOqc http://nbcnews.to/2hAIKCf

I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot, and though it's not the Renegade, I have problems with the locks. Sometimes I have to click "unlock" or "lock" at least twice for the remote to work. Even when I'm right next to the door.

I'm trying to catch up this morning, but about the car being parked at her apartment. If it was not Danielle who drove it there, (which I believe is fact?), I would have to imagine the individual who did would know about the cameras not working. Right?

Cameras? Did I miss something? What cameras?

I think the perpetrator got a ride from DS, and believed someone might have seen them.
So he returned the car to her apartment, so that it would appear that she vanished AFTER
she returned home. And his story would be that she dropped him at his house (or other location)
and then drove off.

Never thought about this, but can you lock a newer model car without a key these days? I can't think of the last time I did it.

If you've got a car alarm installed, then you simply hit the "lock" button on the hand-held remote (fob), which usually is quite small. My husband and I both have car alarms, and our keys on our hand-held remotes.

Not sure if Dani had a car alarm on her vehicle.

Also, our rental car on our last vacation was started by pressing a button to the right of the steering wheel. We also locked it via a hand-held remote device, which again had the car keys attached to it.

Re-lit the candle this am.

I think the perpetrator got a ride from DS, and believed someone might have seen them.
So he returned the car to her apartment, so that it would appear that she vanished AFTER
she returned home. And his story would be that she dropped him at his house (or other location)
and then drove off.

Yep yep yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads