MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually mine are separate too. I never remove my car key from my purse. I only know it's there because the car works. Is DS car a keyless push button start?

lol nothing worse when you are running kids to school late and you jump in the car and press the button and it says key not in car....grrrrrrrr mine is always thrown into the bottom as well...until my husband uses my SUV and he never throws it back in the bag....

Like I said unless I'm running into someplace I don't want to take the purse it's just always in there somewhere....

But why leave her purse if the plan was to act like she made it home safely?

Did they want someone to break into the car so the suspicion would be on a car burglar that would probably break her window to snatch the purse?

Yeah, some of what he did makes no sense. But that's good because it's little mistakes and oversights like that, that helped LE zero in on him so quickly.

But why leave her purse if the plan was to act like she made it home safely?

Did they want someone to break into the car so the suspicion would be on a car burglar that would probably break her window to snatch the purse?

First of all, it's probably hard enough to dispose of keys and phone without leaving a trace..but add in a purse, wallet, personal belongings....too much to deal with

Second, if it was someone who had an emotional attachment and it was crime of passion vs premeditated then reality is they may not have wanted to do further damage...if that makes any sense. If they didn't mean to hurt her they wouldn't have wanted to destroy her things.

By not removing the items it seriously deepens the mystery....which is what they wanted...time and distance....

Yeah, some of what he did makes no sense. But that's good because it's little mistakes and oversights like that, that helped LE zero in on him so quickly.

Think like him. He's a guy. Guys don't do the purse thing second nature like women so. Women would think "oooh grab her purse". Guys are like "got the keys and phone I'm good"

THIS!!!! Thanks, Ozoner!

We don't know that he would have had to walk from IGA all the way home. If he planned to abduct Dani at gunpoint at Met Life, he could have parked near Met Life or anywhere between IGA and Met Life. Then he would have had a much shorter walk back to his vehicle after dropping off her Jeep.

We don't know that he would have had to walk from IGA all the way home. If he planned to abduct Dani at gunpoint at Met Life, he could have parked near Met Life or anywhere between IGA and Met Life. Then he would have had a much shorter walk back to his vehicle after dropping off her Jeep.

That does make a lot of sense, actually. I don't know why I never considered it when I have frequently wondered about how he got to the MetLife building in the first place if he wasn't working there anymore. So, supposing we're going with the premeditated theory, he parks his car somewhere between IG and MetLife where there would have to be no cameras and where he knows it will be safe. Then SG walks over to the MetLife building and waits. Perhaps sees Danielle, finally, and approaches her claiming that his car broke down nearby. Maybe he tells her he just knew one of his old friends from MetLife would help him out so he wandered over to ask for a ride. Supposing she says yes, they go to his home where something happens. Maybe he takes her car back immediately or maybe he waits till the early hours of the morning like others have suggested. At 3 a.m. he could have the cover of darkness to aid him. If he does go with that option, everyone is asleep in the building so there's less of a chance they'll hear him. He could just shut off the car lights as he approaches the building so that no one wakes up and sees him either. Parks the car, gets out, takes a brisk walk under the cover of darkness back to his car and goes home.

It could obviously be something else entirely, but that's definitely something I just hadn't considered before. Huh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No necessarily a search warrant that first time and we have no idea how many times they tried to question him/him whereabouts leading up to it.

Snipped- I wonder when was the first time LE talked to SG? Searching a house a week after she disappeared seems to point to having a really good idea that SG was with DS at some point on the 2nd.

Why would it be shoved under the seat? When you get in your car with things like that your natural movement is seat next to you or backseat right behind you....

Maybe there was someone in the passenger seat? I also think it's possible that whoever took DS didn't see or realize the laptop or purse were in the vehicle. It would have been getting dark or already dark and I don't see someone turning on lights and spending a bunch of time sitting in the vehicle of a missing person to look for anything. I think her apt. keys that are missing were likely on the dash or in the drink holder or somewhere convenient to see and grab and I think the cell phone was too. I'd think tossing the phone out would be the best thing to do to avoid being tracked, but I know criminals aren't always smart. Maybe tossed the keys or kept the keys.

My guess is that the first hint was that the seat was back further than if a petite woman drove it. Seems like it would be a no-brainer to put the seat back in its original position, but for some reason, perps often forget to do that.

Does the Renegade have those fancy seats that return back to your set position? I think the seat further back is something that would point to someone else driving but could also be something as simple as dropping something and needing to move the seat back to find it. Somehow my phone and my wallet always end up back there when they fall down. I must kick them back with my heel or something because I end up having to move my seat back all the time so I can reach the pedals.

Also, if her car keys were in the vehicle, was the vehicle locked? If so, does the fob have to be removed from the ignition to lock the doors? I know my vehicle won't allow me to lock the door with the keys in the ignition. However, it does not care at all if I left them in the cup holder or in the seat.

An unlocked vehicle sitting overnight with a laptop and purse and nothing stolen? So either very lucky, doors were locked, or the car wasn't there all night.

Regarding her cell phone, I would think that the SG would want it turned off for the sake of it not being tracked. I don't think he would have a difficult time getting her to put in her passcode in this scenario, we've already made the assumption that he threatened her to get her to comply with taking her somewhere, how much harder would it be to threaten her to get a password? I also think it could've potentially alerted her friend or family sooner if he would've texted pretending to be Dani saying she wanted to sleep, wasn't feeling well, ect. I could probably tell you who certain texts are from without seeing the name because most of my close friends and family all have a certain tone and wordings that are specific to them. If he would've texted something that seemed off or suspicious, that could have alerted her friend to go check quicker. JMO

I think the perpetrator got a ride from DS, and believed someone might have seen them.
So he returned the car to her apartment, so that it would appear that she vanished AFTER
she returned home. And his story would be that she dropped him at his house (or other location)
and then drove off.

And the burden of proof falls on LE/prosecution. Hence, SG envoking his right to stay silent and obtain legal counsel. IMO authorities need to have undeniable evidence and therefore are keeping things to themselves.

I also wondered if his phone could've been seized, which could explain the delay in changing the FB settings. I can't imagine not having access to my phone AND laptop. It would take me a day to figure out and/or recreate passwords just to get into my SM accounts.

Seems like if you have a warrant for the house, you could get one for the phone too. Plus, IMO, since he traveled such a great distance, there's no way they don't have some video. Hopefully, the mud on Danielle's Jeep will stick out like a sore thumb on that video.

OTOH, leaving the purse in the car and taking only phone/keys makes it look like DS stopped at home quickly to pack a bag, feed the cat, change clothes, etc. Before we learned that LE doesn't think Danielle was ever in her apartment on the night in question, this was what many of us thought. Lots of comments about how we would leave purse and/or other items in the car if we're running in "somewhere" quickly.

I also wondered if his phone could've been seized, which could explain the delay in changing the FB settings. I can't imagine not having access to my phone AND laptop. It would take me a day to figure out and/or recreate passwords just to get into my SM accounts.

Good point!!

And the burden of proof falls on LE/prosecution. Hence, SG envoking his right to stay silent and obtain legal counsel. IMO authorities need to have undeniable evidence and therefore are keeping things to themselves.
Curious question for those who might know. Do most guilty people tell their lawyer the truth?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Curious question for those who might know. Do most guilty people tell their lawyer the truth?

No. Even when guilt is blatantly obvious to everyone, they will continue to lie and deny.

Just checking in to say I'm still here reading and still thinking of Dani. Just letting any reading family members know that there are a wealth of people still keeping her in their thoughts.

That does make a lot of sense, actually. I don't know why I never considered it when I have frequently wondered about how he got to the MetLife building in the first place if he wasn't working there anymore. So, supposing we're going with the premeditated theory, he parks his car somewhere between IG and MetLife where there would have to be no cameras and where he knows it will be safe. Then SG walks over to the MetLife building and waits. Perhaps sees Danielle, finally, and approaches her claiming that his car broke down nearby. Maybe he tells her he just knew one of his old friends from MetLife would help him out so he wandered over to ask for a ride. Supposing she says yes, they go to his home where something happens. Maybe he takes her car back immediately or maybe he waits till the early hours of the morning like others have suggested. At 3 a.m. he could have the cover of darkness to aid him. If he does go with that option, everyone is asleep in the building so there's less of a chance they'll hear him. He could just shut off the car lights as he approaches the building so that no one wakes up and sees him either. Parks the car, gets out, takes a brisk walk under the cover of darkness back to his car and goes home.

It could obviously be something else entirely, but that's definitely something I just hadn't considered before. Huh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the peacefulness today, it appears we got you roped in to websleuths, your speculating.

What you put here has been high on my list as a possible that fits the little we know.

Holocene- If you cannot answer this for any reason I understand, but to anyones knowledge is there anyone DS was concerned about or in fear
Of?

Buying time is the only logical explanation I can come up with. Person may have no idea about her weekend plans. It was a Friday, person knows come Mon when a no show to work, then for sure people would be looking.

Many cases alert does not happen on a missing person until they are missing from work.

POI would have time to clear up evidence, set alibis and things like this. The more time you can buy the better and POI might take awhile to determine, so extra time there to.
If she was taken from the parking lot of ML maybe the POI realized that if her lone car was spotted in the parking lot late that night there would have been more immediate reason for concern. That's the only good reason I could think of POI returning the car despite the risk.

My apologies if this has been previously asked/answered, but how is the lighting in the parking lot at MetLife? On December 2 at 5:00PM, it was beginning to get dark but probably wasn't totally dark until 5:30-5:40. Were the lights on in the parking lot?

There is NO POI in this case. A SG house was searched but LE has not named anyone. We changed it to be the only fact we know, a security guard .

Please know we had a poster here that was throwing out wild speculation as if it was fact. We now have a fact page pinned to page 1, if it isn't on there it's not a fact

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members