MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i had her pegged as more Sandy than Rizzo from Grease? Or maybe more Blaire (initially) than Jo (now) from Facts of Life would be less likely to have folks accuse me slandering DS in some obtuse way.

Probably all the pics of her in Easter dresses and such, led to that impression.

Which, like I said, makes sense (the now impression, not the before). DS kicked it down around Wayne State for a few years. You don't last long down there if you're a delicate, fragile orchid.

Seeing a video of her early in the morning changed her from "Blaire" to "Jo"? What? I really just can't understand any of this.

Why are people attacking each other on here, and trying to peg DS's personality other than a loving, compassionate person. Please don't get this thread closed because peacock A has shinier feathers than peacock B.

What? Lots of people of all types attend Wayne State. It's pretty hard to be a "delicate, fragile orchid" in any situation in this life, but Wayne State is no "rougher" than many campuses across this country, like, Trinity, in Hartford CT, Yale, in New Haven, CT, or Columbia University, which until the area around it started to gentrify was in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Manhattan. I really just can't understand at all why we're talking about people being hardened by an urban university campus or illegal use of drugs or anything else. None of the evidence points to anything involving the victim of this crime being in any way responsible for her disappearance or being someone who didn't "last long down there" or anything of the sort.

I agree. I'm getting confused by the assumptions and stereotypes being thrown out. I have a lot of friends that attended Wayne State and even know a handful of people that live down in the city. We've already gone down this road before threads ago, but agree with your response and glad to see it!

What? Lots of people of all types attend Wayne State. It's pretty hard to be a "delicate, fragile orchid" in any situation in this life, but Wayne State is no "rougher" than many campuses across this country, like, Trinity, in Hartford CT, Yale, in New Haven, CT, or Columbia University, which until the area around it started to gentrify was in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Manhattan. I really just can't understand at all why we're talking about people being hardened by an urban university campus or illegal use of drugs or anything else. None of the evidence points to anything involving the victim of this crime being in any way responsible for her disappearance or being someone who didn't "last long down there" or anything of the sort.
What evidence is there?
Of anything.

She is 28 yrs old.
Not married
Good profession.

Was she happy?

Why was that day different?
Plans?
Or change of those plans .

We do not know a lot about this woman or her life I'm sure sure there is much more.
Jmo

Why are people attacking each other on here, and trying to peg DS's personality other than a loving, compassionate person. Please don't get this thread closed because peacock A has shinier feathers than peacock B.

Where is the attacking? People are discussing their opinion with others, I may have missed the attacks, but it seems civil to me. Let's be careful to not go overboard to how it's being discussed as that to can get the thread closed.

I agree. I'm getting confused by the assumptions and stereotypes being thrown out. I have a lot of friends that attended Wayne State and even know a handful of people that live down in the city. We've already gone down this road before threads ago, but agree with your response and glad to see it!

I think what happens in these cases is ppl here start talking like they know the victims and we don't. All we know is what we read. We are different ppl with the different ppl in our lives.

I also attended Wayne State University. Lived on campus. Walked to all my classes. Walked downtown with friends for drinks and food. I'm about as sensitive as they come. Yes, Danielle has a fun, no-nonsense spirit. Don't see why that would peg her as a specific character type to anyone in particular (let alone attending WSU) but whatever floats your boat at this point I guess. I'm just relieved no one is talking about heroin again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the stereotypes are very unnecessary. I work a block from Wayne state and supervise several interns from Wayne state. There are no characteristics that universally separate them from interns at other universities, including MSU and UofM. I don't understand any relevance of the very brief video giving a totally different personality impression than photos. I just don't see it. That said, I'm sure there are aspects of her life that not everyone knows. Trying to assume what those are and how they may be linked to her disappearance is going down a very dangerous road of victim blaming. JMO

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If I was a friend or family member of Danielle's I would be so hurt reading some of these posts speculating about someone I love being on drugs.

This speculation about drugs is not just victim bashing but it is cruel and hurtful.

It is paramount to care about a victim/missing person.

I try to remember that friends and family are here and even if they aren't I have great empathy for anyone missing.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

I still believe that law enforcement is building their case.

Sending prayers of love and comfort to Danielle and her family and friends. My heart goes out to all of them.

I still believe that law enforcement is building their case.

Sending prayers of love and comfort to Danielle and her family and friends. My heart goes out to all of them.

See I do not believe they have anything .

Your opinion, mine is hanging out in Detroit around Wayne State does not change one from a Danny to a Rizzo.

My own daughter is currently taking classes at Wayne State. It's no different then when she took classes at Michigan State.

The videos threw me only because I had her voice so different in my head lol. It's like reading a book and the actors they cast don't match up.

I think the reason she went missing is someone got angry at her and things got out of control. This was personal.
But that's just my 2 cents.

The videos threw me only because I had her voice so different in my head lol. It's like reading a book and the actors they cast don't match up.
I thought the same about her voice.

As a very non-local I don't even understand what's happening here with this school but she's pretty far out of college isn't she? Whatever this particular campus is or isn't like she must have remained true to who she is since all of her friends were the same since virtually birth. If people change so do their social circles.

So I vote we move in and off this topic.

I thought the same about her voice.
I assumed that is what was being stated in the ORIGINAL comment, too. But then start with the "reading too much into it" comments. Blair and Jo. Come on. Prissy and Tom Boy. That's the point. You see the pictures in SM and MSM and you develop a personality for those 2D images in your head. Then suddenly, you have this voice that you had never considered. I felt the same way. Blaire vs. Jo was the way I would describe it. Even Sandy for Rizzo. <modsnip>

Well said! I'm the one who shared the video of her here and am astonished that anyone could read so much into a few seconds showing a cute, witty 28 year old and her cat. She reminds me so much of my own daughter, who channels a little Sandy and a little Rizzo, with a personality all her own. In case anyone missed it, I also included the caption DS wrote for the video:

I snapchat my family every day with the trade-off that I don't have to get a life alert necklace. Sometimes this happens.

I think this speaks a lot to the relationship she has with her family and should put much of the unfounded speculation to rest. But let's remember why we are here and that someone's beautiful daughter is still missing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 11.49.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 11.49.16 AM.png
    447.5 KB · Views: 319
I as well, and I'm glad Ozoner posted the other video, as it aligns more with what I would've expected her voice to sound like. Pics don't stick with me as much as voices and mannerisms. This is why I wish families of missing persons would flood their missing page with videos. I think it would be much easier to recognize someone they saw on the street. I also think being that the video with her cat was early morning, her voice could've been altered. Just speaking from my own experience, my eyes, my voice, my coherence, nothing is where it should be when I first get up.

I think the reason she went missing is someone got angry at her and things got out of control. This was personal.
But that's just my 2 cents.

I agree. I think this person wanted complete control over Danielle. I also think this person is used to getting his way. Danielle, however, seems like -OK, I don't know her personally but based on what I have seen- a generally confident, independent woman, and was not about to allow that to happen, and he did not like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay