MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a very non-local I don't even understand what's happening here with this school but she's pretty far out of college isn't she? Whatever this particular campus is or isn't like she must have remained true to who she is since all of her friends were the same since virtually birth. If people change so do their social circles.

So I vote we move in and off this topic.

Danielle was still working on her bachelor's degree, close to finishing up, I believe, a hard-working woman. This topic is irrelevant to her disappearance. Yes, let's move on.

I also attended Wayne State University. Lived on campus. Walked to all my classes. Walked downtown with friends for drinks and food. I'm about as sensitive as they come. Yes, Danielle has a fun, no-nonsense spirit. Don't see why that would peg her as a specific character type to anyone in particular (let alone attending WSU) but whatever floats your boat at this point I guess. I'm just relieved no one is talking about heroin again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see you still hanging in. Giving you high marks for your ability to do that, it's awful difficult to pull that off!

That's news to me. Is there any source in particular that points you in that direction? I'd think cleaned up blood that matched DS, along with the other information/evidence LE seems to have gathered, would be enough to have the relevant potential poi cooling his heels in county lockup, sooner or later.

My opinion, based on watching hundreds of cases, is that LE is biding its time and hoping to find Danielle so that they will have a rock-solid, airtight case. I think they probably DO have enough for an arrest, but they want enough for a slam-dunk conviction. MOO.

Well said! I'm the one who shared the video of her here and am astonished that anyone could read so much into a few seconds showing a cute, witty 28 year old and her cat. She reminds me so much of my own daughter, who channels a little Sandy and a little Rizzo, with a personality all her own. In case anyone missed it, I also included the caption DS wrote for the video:

I snapchat my family every day with the trade-off that I don't have to get a life alert necklace. Sometimes this happens.

I think this speaks a lot to the relationship she has with her family and should put much of the unfounded speculation to rest. But let's remember why we are here and that someone's beautiful daughter is still missing.

attachment.php

Yes, to me, a completely normal, just your average, typical -in a good way; again, she seems like someone I would really enjoy getting to know- twenty-something. No surprises. Nothing particularly revealing about the videos. Just my opinion.

I also attended Wayne State University. Lived on campus. Walked to all my classes. Walked downtown with friends for drinks and food. I'm about as sensitive as they come. Yes, Danielle has a fun, no-nonsense spirit. Don't see why that would peg her as a specific character type to anyone in particular (let alone attending WSU) but whatever floats your boat at this point I guess. I'm just relieved no one is talking about heroin again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am so glad to see you survived that warzone of a campus we know as Wayne State ;-) SMH.

Nice to see you still hanging in. Giving you high marks for your ability to do that, it's awful difficult to pull that off!

Couldn't agree more. Grit your teeth Holocene. We have fantastic mods here! They will keep it on track.

My opinion, based on watching hundreds of cases, is that LE is biding its time and hoping to find Danielle so that they will have a rock-solid, airtight case. I think they probably DO have enough for an arrest, but they want enough for a slam-dunk conviction. MOO.

I'm with you.experience tells us this for sure.

Just marking my spot, I think about Dani daily!

This post was shared on the official facebook page back on 12/13. The video also includes audio with Danielle's voice.
https://www.facebook.com/nikay825/posts/10211495944652701

thank you for that.

wow, wow, wow what an amazing person. makes ya tear up. jeezus. come on, whomever knows where she is, whomever knows what happened. you'll feel better fessing up. guaranteed. i'll even throw in for a for your legal defense. if that'll help you come forward and end the agony of her friends and family.

jeezus, simply amazing. i hope no one did her harm intentionally. how could you. how could anyone.

re: Sandy-Rizzo, Blair-Jo--those are more rheostatic alternatives than binary opposites. I think DS held sufficient street smarts that even if
she were to help some random stranger with bus fare, broken down car, etc, she'd be street-smart enough and sufficiently aware of her
surroundings not to be snookered by anyone selling a line of bs. that's all.

I'm with you.experience tells us this for sure.

I've been a firm believer from the get go on all the agencies involved could mean a bit different them some here think.

My speculation on it could mean they looked into situations in hopes to nail whoever is involved with something else. Lock whoever else up on something else while building the Danielle case.

I do now believe if they made that attempt they couldn't find anything else.

I've been a firm believer from the get go on all the agencies involved could mean a bit different them some here think.

My speculation on it could mean they looked into situations in hopes to nail whoever is involved with something else. Lock whoever else up on something else while building the Danielle case.

I do now believe if they made that attempt they couldn't find anything else.
I think you and I are on a very similar thought path. I've been walking that one since day one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

re: Sandy-Rizzo, Blair-Jo--those are more rheostatic alternatives than binary opposites. I think DS held sufficient street smarts that even if
she were to help some random stranger with bus fare, broken down car, etc, she'd be street-smart enough and sufficiently aware of her
surroundings not to be snookered by anyone selling a line of bs. that's all.

But her parents, who presumably know her better, disagree.

I don't believe it matters how street smart you are in the least if the person you are harmed by may be an acquaintance at a minimum or more on the offset. So this argument shouldn't have basis.
All bets are off when is a known vs inner city watch over your shoulder moment.
Imo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My opinion only: They have a POI who was linked to the first crime scene by eyewitnesses (where an abduction took place), they have video of the POI with DS in her car, the home of the POI has yielded or is expected to yield forensic evidence of crime, Danielle's car has also yielded forensic evidence that the POI was in the car, another vehicle that the POI could access has yielded evidence that Danielle was inside it, and they are simply hoping to turn up Danielle herself in order to arrest and indict. If, after a reasonable amount of time, they are unable to turn up Danielle, they will move forward with the evidence they have. But since there is no statute of limitations on murder, they are not going to rush with a no-body trial -- so they continue to look for Danielle.

Hi Skigirl,

I absolutely agree.

My opinion is that law enforcement are continuing to build their case.

This case reminds me of the Heather Elvis case in a lot of ways. I didn’t know Heather personally but I’m from the same area and know many people who did. Her case is what first led me to WS back in 2013.

However... unlike this case, there were several details that became known fairly quickly. One of the more important details became known after her father obtained information from his mobile service provider (HE was on a shared plan with her family) and confronted the person who was the last known person to communicate with Heather. He was a married man whom she'd met thru work, had previously been intimate with over the span of four to five months, and had a lunatic of a wife. After her dad confronted the man about Heather's whereabouts, his wife began to post derogatory things about Heather all over Facebook and went into great detail about her husband's past transgressions to the public at large. A large part of what we (we being those of us who were following along on WS) knew about the case in the earlier states came directly from this man's mouth. At times, her social media postings were brazen and taunting. At other times, her postings epitomized braggadocio.

Anyway... you might be wondering how the two are similar because there isn't anything that suggests DS was involved in an extramarital affair. Regardless, there are still a few similarities:

- Both drove cars that were later discovered at a location different from where they were last physically seen (Danielle's car was located in the parking lot of her apartment complex and she was last seen at work; Heather's car was found parked at a boat landing and she was last seen at her apartment)

- Both cars were found locked, both girls left behind a majority of their personal belongings in the car, and the girl's keys and cell phone are missing in both cases

- Both girls lived in an apartment complex that lacked outdoor video surveillance

- Neither girl has been found (although LE has said they believe HE is deceased)

In HE’s case, it’s clear (at least to me) who is responsible for her disappearance.

- there’s camera footage that shows the married man calling her from a gas station pay phone the night she disappeared

- she called her roommate (who was out of town at the time) crying and said the married man had just called her saying he’d left his wife and wanted to be with her

- text messages show his wife had been harrassing and threatening Heather for a t least a month before her disappearance

- she tried calling the pay phone back several times about an hour after he called but there was no answer

- she eventually called the man’s cell phone and a six minute conversation took place

- shortly thereafter, her phone is tracked traveling to the boat landing where her car was ultimately found

- after arriving at the boat landing, 4 or 5 frantic calls were made to his cell phone before her phone died or the battery was removed at 3:41 am

- camera footage from a nearby residence shows a truck driving into the boat landing, from the direction of the married man’s house a few miles away, several minutes before her phone was disabled

- the truck seen on the video footage is the exact same make, model, and color as a truck owned by the married man

- camera footage from the same residence shows the truck leaving the boat landing, and heading in the direction of the married man’s house, several moments after her phone was deactivated

Despite this pile of probable cause, search warrants were not issued until more than three months after her disappearance. The husband and wife were both arrested when the warrants were served and initially charged with murder and kidnapping. The murder charges have since been dropped. The couple is being tried separately, and the husband’s first trial took place back in August or September. It ended with a hung jury. A retrial has been moved to another venue and is scheduled to begin in March, IIRC.

I said all of that to say this:
It's extremely difficult to charge and convict someone of murder without a body. It’s not impossible. But, it's an uphill battle with too many unknown variables. I'm not familiar with the kidnapping statutes in MI, but the kidnapping statute in SC is a big reason the kidnapping charges have stuck in this case. SC law states, “whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct, or carry away another person by any means whatsoever without authority of law…”

The use of inveigle and decoy are beneficial in Heather's case because it can be proven that she was lured out of her home to the boat landing under false pretenses (by the payphone call, telling her he’d left his wife and wanted to see her, etc.). He claims that neither he, nor his wife, left the house all evening and stayed up playing board games with their kids. Unfortunately for them, video surveillance and Heather's phone records say otherwise.

My point was to say that it’s very possible that LE may have a lot of similar evidence too. They just know what they’re up against. They know how important it is to find her. They might have just as much (or more), as far as video surveillance and phone activity goes, but they haven’t released the info yet in order to preserve the case. A lot of the video and phone evidence in Heather's case was not known to the public until after the arrests were made.

So keep the faith that headway is being made.

Here is the MI kidnapping law:

750.349 Kidnapping; "restrain" defined; violation as felony; penalty; other violation arising from same transaction.
Sec. 349.

(1) A person commits the crime of kidnapping if he or she knowingly restrains another person with the intent to do 1 or more of the following:

(a) Hold that person for ransom or reward.

(b) Use that person as a shield or hostage.

(c) Engage in criminal sexual penetration or criminal sexual contact prohibited under chapter LXXVI with that person.

(d) Take that person outside of this state.

(e) Hold that person in involuntary servitude.

(f) Engage in child sexually abusive activity, as that term is defined in section 145c, with that person, if that person is a minor.

(2) As used in this section, "restrain" means to restrict a person's movements or to confine the person so as to interfere with that person's liberty without that person's consent or without legal authority. The restraint does not have to exist for any particular length of time and may be related or incidental to the commission of other criminal acts.

(3) A person who commits the crime of kidnapping is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for life or any term of years or a fine of not more than $50,000.00, or both.

(4) This section does not prohibit the person from being charged with, convicted of, or sentenced for any other violation of law arising from the same transaction as the violation of this section.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(cx...eg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-349

This case reminds me of the Heather Elvis case in a lot of ways. I didn’t know Heather personally but I’m from the same area and know many people who did. Her case is what first led me to WS back in 2013.

However... unlike this case, there were several details that became known fairly quickly. One of the more important details became known after her father obtained information from his mobile service provider (HE was on a shared plan with her family) and confronted the person who was the last known person to communicate with Heather. He was a married man whom she'd met thru work, had previously been intimate with over the span of four to five months, and had a lunatic of a wife. After her dad confronted the man about Heather's whereabouts, his wife began to post derogatory things about Heather all over Facebook and went into great detail about her husband's past transgressions to the public at large. A large part of what we (we being those of us who were following along on WS) knew about the case in the earlier states came directly from this man's mouth. At times, her social media postings were brazen and taunting. At other times, her postings epitomized braggadocio.

Anyway... you might be wondering how the two are similar because there isn't anything that suggests DS was involved in an extramarital affair. Regardless, there are still a few similarities:

- Both drove cars that were later discovered at a location different from where they were last physically seen (Danielle's car was located in the parking lot of her apartment complex and she was last seen at work; Heather's car was found parked at a boat landing and she was last seen at her apartment)

- Both cars were found locked, both girls left behind a majority of their personal belongings in the car, and the girl's keys and cell phone are missing in both cases

- Both girls lived in an apartment complex that lacked outdoor video surveillance

- Neither girl has been found (although LE has said they believe HE is deceased)

In HE’s case, it’s clear (at least to me) who is responsible for her disappearance.

- there’s camera footage that shows the married man calling her from a gas station pay phone the night she disappeared

- she called her roommate (who was out of town at the time) crying and said the married man had just called her saying he’d left his wife and wanted to be with her

- text messages show his wife had been harrassing and threatening Heather for a t least a month before her disappearance

- she tried calling the pay phone back several times about an hour after he called but there was no answer

- she eventually called the man’s cell phone and a six minute conversation took place

- shortly thereafter, her phone is tracked traveling to the boat landing where her car was ultimately found

- after arriving at the boat landing, 4 or 5 frantic calls were made to his cell phone before her phone died or the battery was removed at 3:41 am

- camera footage from a nearby residence shows a truck driving into the boat landing, from the direction of the married man’s house a few miles away, several minutes before her phone was disabled

- the truck seen on the video footage is the exact same make, model, and color as a truck owned by the married man

- camera footage from the same residence shows the truck leaving the boat landing, and heading in the direction of the married man’s house, several moments after her phone was deactivated

Despite this pile of probable cause, search warrants were not issued until more than three months after her disappearance. The husband and wife were both arrested when the warrants were served and initially charged with murder and kidnapping. The murder charges have since been dropped. The couple is being tried separately, and the husband’s first trial took place back in August or September. It ended with a hung jury. A retrial has been moved to another venue and is scheduled to begin in March, IIRC.

I said all of that to say this:
It's extremely difficult to charge and convict someone of murder without a body. It’s not impossible. But, it's an uphill battle with too many unknown variables. I'm not familiar with the kidnapping statutes in MI, but the kidnapping statute in SC is a big reason the kidnapping charges have stuck in this case. SC law states, “whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct, or carry away another person by any means whatsoever without authority of law…”

The use of inveigle and decoy are beneficial in Heather's case because it can be proven that she was lured out of her home to the boat landing under false pretenses (by the payphone call, telling her he’d left his wife and wanted to see her, etc.). He claims that neither he, nor his wife, left the house all evening and stayed up playing board games with their kids. Unfortunately for them, video surveillance and Heather's phone records say otherwise.

My point was to say that it’s very possible that LE may have a lot of similar evidence too. They just know what they’re up against. They know how important it is to find her. They might have just as much (or more), as far as video surveillance and phone activity goes, but they haven’t released the info yet in order to preserve the case. A lot of the video and phone evidence in Heather's case was not known to the public until after the arrests were made.

So keep the faith that headway is being made.

Thank you for posting about Heather Elvis. I didn't know about WS when the case was going on. My cousins friend was close friends with the Elvis family so I use to hear a lot about this case a couple of years ago. It's almost kind of eerie how closely the two cases are related. At least DS's case hasn't gotten to the point on SM where the family was being constantly harassed from fake accounts. I also think it's important to note that Heather thought she might be pregnant. I hope what happened to Heather is not what has happened with DS.

I think the biggest disadvantage to police is the head start a potential suspect could have had. Someone earlier mentioned a different crime where something happened, then the Suspect (in the other case) had friends over for a "strategy session". This fits my perception of this case. If something bad happened, and the person responsible is an intelligent, mentally coherent person with a general knowledge of law enforcement protocols, they are probably capable of removing/destroying, a LOT of evidence over the course of 24-48 hours. Its really an unfair fight for LE. Where do you even start? the Stuff you're looking for could be in the Upper peninsula of michigan. Or Ohio. Or Indiana. Or in the chicago area (These are all random examples, not even trying to speculate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth