GUILTY MI - Detroit, Male UP12576, 20-40, dismembered, May'14 - Sheldon Prawl

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, I'm the one that posted the comment in the other thread about Deisha Dodd, with the links to photobucket etc. I can't find a strong indication that she's died, but I also can't find any online presence for her past end of 2008/beginning 2009. I really think that she is the correct Deisha - birth date is spot on. LE need to speak to Deisha's mother Carol Dodd, who now runs Studio One (Records?) so should be easy to reach or find. Coxsone Dodd was a huge deal in the reggae scene, his obituary was published in every major newspaper - these would be relatively easy people to find.

Another thing that points to this being the correct Deisha, is that she isn't listed as attending her grandmother's funeral in 2010 (though that could be for a variety of reasons).

If LE interview Deisha's mother, and that is indeed Deisha's death date, then they ask: Did Deisha have any close white male friends, or boyfriend, at the time of her death? What were their names? Did any of them have any connection to Detroit? And if there's a list of 5 people, maybe one of them will be our guy. I will be really gobsmacked if this is the wrong Deisha.

Hi, I'm the one that posted the comment in the other thread about Deisha Dodd, with the links to photobucket etc. I can't find a strong indication that she's died, but I also can't find any online presence for her past end of 2008/beginning 2009. I really think that she is the correct Deisha - birth date is spot on. LE need to speak to Deisha's mother Carol Dodd, who now runs Studio One (Records?) so should be easy to reach or find. Coxsone Dodd was a huge deal in the reggae scene, his obituary was published in every major newspaper - these would be relatively easy people to find.

Another thing that points to this being the correct Deisha, is that she isn't listed as attending her grandmother's funeral in 2010 (though that could be for a variety of reasons).

If LE interview Deisha's mother, and that is indeed Deisha's death date, then they ask: Did Deisha have any close white male friends, or boyfriend, at the time of her death? What were their names? Did any of them have any connection to Detroit? And if there's a list of 5 people, maybe one of them will be our guy. I will be really gobsmacked if this is the wrong Deisha.

I'll touch base with Trooper Krebs when I'm done with my coffee. I agree; it's the easiest way to see if they knew each other or not. The tattoo is the easiest to follow.

NamUs UP # 12576

Yeah, with living people involved, it's by far better to let LE handle it. In fact, the only way to do it.

I would like to know about the quality on that tat, whether it's self-made or clear, that sort of thing.

Yeah, with living people involved, it's by far better to let LE handle it. In fact, the only way to do it.

I would like to know about the quality on that tat, whether it's self-made or clear, that sort of thing.

It would be helpful to know if tat was recently inked or not.
This young man from Georgia went missing after visiting Detroit. It does not indicate if he has any tattoos, somehow I think not, but he may have since his disappearance ..

GA GA - Wesley Johnson, 23, Columbia County, 13 Dec 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/02/georgia-man-vanishes-after-stepping-off-bus-in-detroit/
"DETROIT (WWJ) - Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a Georgia man who mysteriously disappeared after stepping off a bus in Detroit.

According to police, 24-year-old James Wesley Johnson took a Greyhound bus from Augusta, GA, bound for Southfield, MI on December 13.

Police said Johnson arrived at the bus station in Detroit on December 14 and exited the bus, but did not continue on to Southfield.

Johnson is described as a white male, 5’9″ tall and 140 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. It wasn’t immediately clear if he currently has a beard or not"

Wonder if they learned whose remains were found in garbage bags in Detroit this past January?
Could there be a connection to this case?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/31/sheriff-4th-bag-of-human-remains-found-along-i-94/

“Homicides, they are rare in our county. We do have, from time to time, body’s dropped — that are coming out of the metro area — but we’ve never had anything like this,” he said. “We’ve not had a situation where somebody’s been cut up and put in garbage bags.”

A bag containing evidence that investigators believe is connected to the human remains was found early Friday morning. The discovery was made about 12 hours after multiple bags of body parts were found dumped along roads in rural China Township.

“Sometime after 4 a.m… a commuter saw a bag on the entrance ramp of I-94 from Fred Moore Highway and contacted us, and that’s where we picked up the last bag with evidence it in and we’re still sorting it all out,” Donnellon said.

That bag contained clothing and charred paperwork",

Wonder if they learned whose remains were found in garbage bags in Detroit this past January?
Could there be a connection to this case?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/31/sheriff-4th-bag-of-human-remains-found-along-i-94/

“Homicides, they are rare in our county. We do have, from time to time, body’s dropped — that are coming out of the metro area — but we’ve never had anything like this,” he said. “We’ve not had a situation where somebody’s been cut up and put in garbage bags.”

A bag containing evidence that investigators believe is connected to the human remains was found early Friday morning. The discovery was made about 12 hours after multiple bags of body parts were found dumped along roads in rural China Township.

“Sometime after 4 a.m… a commuter saw a bag on the entrance ramp of I-94 from Fred Moore Highway and contacted us, and that’s where we picked up the last bag with evidence it in and we’re still sorting it all out,” Donnellon said.

That bag contained clothing and charred paperwork",

Those remains were IDd and a woman arrested for killing her son.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/woman-arrested-after-sons-body-parts-identified

Im sorry if I missed it, who's house was this found at?

Ok maybe it's a different case but friends of friends told me someone in a motor club *same as ours* went missing but when a neighbor went to check his house they found a cut up body in the garage...

There can't be 2 white guys with this same situation that just happened, could it? I swear this club members' story was in May though.

Thanks to tatertot for links!
RSBM and bbm.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/12576

"Adult - Pre 50
Minimum age 20 years
Maximum age 40 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male

Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Probable year of death 2014 to 2014
Estimated postmortem interval 5 Days
Circumstances
Location Found

Address 1 15700 Block of Freeland

City Detroit
State Michigan
Zip code
County Wayne
Circumstances
Dismembered body parts were found in a garage in the city of Detroit. The parts were encased in concrete and left in blue plastic bins that were wrapped in duct tape.

Tattoos
Left Forarm- "R.I.P. Deisha" with the dates 8-23/81 - 4-7-2009"

Where did the race "white" come from? The link says race "unsure".

forgive my having to ask but I do not foray into this subforum often. Total novice at this unidentified stuff. Do the NameUs reports change as more info becomes available?

forgive my having to ask but I do not foray into this subforum often. Total novice at this unidentified stuff. Do the NameUs reports change as more info becomes available?

Yes, they do. And no problem -- ask as many questions as you'd like. We're always glad to have good people helping out :)

So now at this point it was believed he was possibly white but now race is designated unsure?

Hmmmm

So what does that mean about the state of remains and does that help in dating TOD?

So now at this point it was believed he was possibly white but now race is designated unsure?

Hmmmm

So what does that mean about the state of remains and does that help in dating TOD?

Well, the smell was what attracted attention, and they had to get an anthropologist to chip the remains out of the concrete, as if it was an archaeological excavation, so the remains can't have been in great shape. I suspect the preliminary description was based on what they could see before the cement was removed, and when the medical examiner got a better look, they revised their initial opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back