Found Deceased MI - Douglas Calhoun, 39, Detroit, 1 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[h=1]Man charged in murder of Detroit Marine 'Chef Doug' and human trafficking of 17-year-old girl[/h]
Travun Eugen-Jani Baskerville, of Detroit, is accused of killing Calhoun June 1 when they got into an argument at Baskerville's home in the 14600 block of Burgess.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...-doug-and-human-trafficking-17-year-old-girl#The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said Baskerville had been engaged in the human trafficking of a 17-year-old girl. That girl called Calhoun on June 1 and arranged to meet him at Baskerville's home. Calhoun went to the home, got into an argument with Baskerville and was killed, the Prosecutor's Office said.
https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...f-doug-and-human-trafficking-17-year-old-girl

So, acknowledging the elephant in that news clip....does that mean there was a planned transaction that was to take place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if the accused will also be charged for using Chef Doug's credit cards, or if someone else did that?

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/277781575-story

The Wayne County Prosecutor says when he showed up to the home, he got into an argument with Baskerville that ended with Baskerville shooting and killing the former Marine. It's allged that he then removed his body to the vacant home where it was later found by investigators.

Chef Doug was last seen by a family member on May 31, 2017. A missing person report was filed two days later. On July 7, Calhoun's body was found at the vacatn home on Gredale in Detroit.

The Medical Examiner positively identified Calhoun based on a tattoo on the body found inside the container.

Baskerville has been charged with first degree murder, human trafficking enterprise involving death, human trafficking of a minor for commercial sexual activity, child sexually abusive activity, possession of child sexually abusive material, possession of a firearm by a felon, and felony firearm.

Strange that the girl phoned Calhoun as opposed to the other way around, did Doug balk at the arrangement with the underage female?
Why did the alleged perp have to shoot multiple times?
imo, speculation.
The medical examiner determined he died from multiple gunshot wounds.On June 1st, 2017, it is alleged that Baskerville had been engaged in human trafficking a 17-year-old female. On the same day, it is alleged that she phoned Calhoun and arranged a date with him at Baskerville’s home in the 14600 block of Burgess in Detroit. During the date, it is alleged that Calhoun and Baskerville had an argument that led to Baskerville fatally shoot ing Calhoun and subsequently remove his body to a vacant house on Greydale.

No matter what, no one deserves this.

Also, heartbreaking to think there is more to this...

well, one of the charges is trafficking in sex causing death :(

however I doubt he was aware she was a minor.

So, acknowledging the elephant in that news clip....does that mean there was a planned transaction that was to take place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so little was reported - I can think of about 4 different plausible possibilities. I'll sit on my hands until more comes out. I hope the 17 year old female was rescued and is safe now too (and getting the help she needs, espcially if she witnessed this on top of whatever else she's had to go through...)

so he was at a gentleman's club that evening. is it possible she was dancing there and got his number for a "date" later? and dude tried to rob him?

You know what, until I learn differently, I'm going to hope Chef Doug died trying to save this poor girl. It is hard to tell nowadays when human trafficking is mentioned if they mean actual trafficking or "normal" prostitution. I hope this girl gets protection and help and can find a good life for herself now.

Being shot multiple times - it is possible Doug had been seeing this girl often without paying up or a plot to get her out was uncovered and this enraged her pimp. Doug was shot in the back right? If he was trying to get away, multiple shots just ensures one hits the mark in the heat of the moment. I do not think she was a dancer at the club they were at that night as exotic dancers have to be licensed in Michigan and over 18, and if she was being trafficked she isn't going to be stripping in a legit establishment.
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Lates...ifference-between-sex-trafficking-and-pimping

this seems like normal prostitution. the girl was the pimp's "girlfriend". now, im not saying she was not being taken advantage of.

if he did arrange a date w her, im sure he was not aware of her age.

this seems like normal prostitution. the girl was the pimp's "girlfriend". now, im not saying she was not being taken advantage of.

if he did arrange a date w her, im sure he was not aware of her age.

Then that makes me feel like it was more of a setup and there is something else to it.

Maybe he knew her & was trying to save her from the pimp/trafficker...

(NOTE: plucked from a current story line on a ultra-popular soap opera)

:sorry:

so many maybes I just typed out and then erased. I can come up with so many possibilities but will sit on my hands and wait to see what is discovered and reported. I still contend that NO MATTER WHAT, no one deserves what happened to Doug. He is the only one who wound up dead in this story and my sympathy again goes out to his family and those who knew and loved him.

It states in these 2 links that
Chef Doug answered a backpage ad reguarding the young woman and they arranged a meeting at the pimp/trafficker house.Still sad

These articles just say his body was dumped but earlier reports say he was found in a drum. IMO there's a huge difference in random killing where a body is dumped and where a body is concealed in a drum. Moo

Doug was a big guy. Something happened with him and the "pimp" that led to him getting shot. Maybe the alleged argument turned physical? Where is the 17 year old girl now and what's her story? They say that Doug loved the ladies but I hope that he didn't die over a prostitute! And back to the story of him calling his friend to let him know that he made it home... So did he go back out creeping? I need more answers... 🤔

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back