Found Deceased MI - Douglas Calhoun, 39, Detroit, 1 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very sad to hear this. I was so hoping he'd somehow be found safe.

No more updates? Although the family seems to have confirmed, the medical examiner still hasn't. I'm curious as to what they say happened to him of how he died

Well his sister confirmed that it was him and said that until the autopsy is completed, no arrangements will be made and she will post when it's done. So sad...

Damn m, so sorry. RIP Chef Doug! I know you had so much to give. Heartbroken your life was cut short. Peace and love from Texas to Doug and his family. ❤️

What a loss to his family, friends and the Detroit culinary community. My condolences.
RIP Chef Doug

I don't know who did such a terrible thing to him but I hope they're caught SOON. It's just despicable.

RIP Chef Doug

As the body was badly decomposed when it was discovered, in the garage of a vacant home on Greydale Street in Detroit’s Brightmoor neighborhood, it took some time to make a positive ID.

Officials are still working to determine a cause of death.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/07/19/missing-chef-body-found/

:rose: RIP DJ :rose:

from the Detroit News piece (thanks MelaninQueen - was coming to post also):

A suspect in Calhoun’s murder is being held on unrelated charges, police say. Detroit Police Sgt. Adam Madera said the man was arrested on a warrant out of Lansing.

Calhoun and the suspect were not acquaintances and the motive is unclear, Madera said. The medical examiner has not yet released a cause of death.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/268852790-story
The detective said that the suspect, who they are not identifying at this time, was arrested for failure to appear for a different crime. Police did not say what that crime was, either.The detective said the warrant was issued in Lansing and he was arrested in Detroit on June 22 for failing to appear. The suspect is currently in custody in Lansing.

Police also said that they don't believe the suspect and Calhoun knew each other - but also said that the murder was not random. They did not provide a motive.

The Medical Examiner positively identified Calhoun based on a tattoo on the body found inside the container.

long road ahead for this family. May they continue to take care of each other and be patient when it is so very hard to do. So sorry for you, Chef. No one deserves this.

so. I am wondering what the motive was if they were not acquainted but it wasn't random. maybe the perp saw him and cash inside the gentleman's club and followed him to rob him? but then why hiding him? looking forward to details.

so. I am wondering what the motive was if they were not acquainted but it wasn't random. maybe the perp saw him and cash inside the gentleman's club and followed him to rob him? but then why hiding him? looking forward to details.
I wonder if it involved a female? Perhaps something happened at the club and also why Doug called his friend to say he was home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back