Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While they have records; maybe her teeth were lost in the lake?

...or maybe her body was too badly decomposed due to extremely harsh conditions such as temperature and cold water, as well as ice. But wouldn't those conditions tend to preserve more than decompose? Something's not right!

Weird. How could it not be here though? How many women dressed in all black just happened to end up missing right where her car was found? It couldnt be anyone else but her. Unless, someone else took her place that night? She would have had to switch lives with someone else. The only way I would believe that is if someone actually was after her.

This is not MSM, but it is a commentary by Don Lemon (CNN journalist) on the acknowledgement and stigmatization of mental illness as it relates to Dr. Patrick.

I hope it's OK to post.

http://blackamericaweb.com/2014/04/08/don-lemon-dr-teleka-patricks-story-didnt-have-to-end-this-way/

But the part that really resonated with me and probably many who have experienced similar behavior in relationships is when Calderon said he did not voice his concerns to her family because Patrick was an adult and made her own choices and quote, “I was trying to be a true friend to her and in doing so I lost our marriage, I lost our aspirations, I mean I lost everything.”

...or maybe her body was too badly decomposed due to extremely harsh conditions such as temperature and cold water, as well as ice. But wouldn't those conditions tend to preserve more than decompose? Something's not right!

Cold can preserve but water speeds up. More than one article said 'considerable amount of decomposition'.

Porter County Coroner Chuck Harris said there was no identification on the body and no obvious signs of trauma, but there was also a “considerable amount” of decomposition.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/search...er-lake-could-be-missing-michigan-doctor.html

Really strange because they have her dental records.

It may be delayed if the Autopsy is not complete as it is being done in another county.
"Porter County Coroner Chuck Harris said today the autopsy will be conducted at the Lake County Coroner's Office on Tuesday because his office does not have a forensic pathologist."

"He said the cause and manner of death may be available Tuesday or may be delayed until all toxicology and tissue sample results have returned."

They're apparently using NamUs as well;
"Harris said the body has not been identified, but dental records and fingerprints will be used to try to match it to a national database, on which Patrick's information is on file."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...lled-indiana-lake-may-missing-doctor/7411453/

IMO they will not make a confirmation statement until it is complete in every aspect. I don't find that unusual.

Great point! I firmly believe she entered into this area with no problems at all.

(I-94 as seen from near Lake Charles.)
highway-from-near-lake.jpg

Oh my, I just had an awful thought... 10 pm, walking through a park alone, adjacent to a truck stop. What kind of characters were lurking there?

I kept thinking it had to be an accident. Suicide by drowning in winter just doesnt seem to fit. But without a frozen pond, falling in less likely :(

While they have records; maybe her teeth were lost in the lake due to her being so decomposed?

I don't think so...

(Disclaimer: Former dental assistant...but not a forensic dental assistant!)

What holds teeth in the mouth is the bone of the upper mandible, bone in the lower jaw, and the root structure of the teeth themselves...not the gums. (Though gums are important!) When a person suffers serious periodontal disease for an extended period of time, yes, the gums get floppy, loose, and recede, but what makes the teeth loose is that the bone in the mandible and/or jaw is disappearing. You actually 'lose bone'. (and can never regenerate it so FLOSS PEOPLE!!!!) ;)

IMO, unless Teleka wore dentures (and they floated out) or Teleka suffered very serious bone loss over the last few years to the tune of her teeth were flapping and visibly wiggly loose on Dec 5th, they would be intact.

Also, think about how you normally see skulls. Most have teeth intact. :D

:twocents:

P.S. My favorite former employer and current dentist loves to say: You only have to brush the teeth you want to keep!

Oh my, I just had an awful thought... 10 pm, walking through a park alone, adjacent to a truck stop. What kind of characters were lurking there?

I kept thinking it had to be an accident. Suicide by drowning in winter just doesnt seem to fit. But without a frozen pond, falling in less likely :(

None of it makes sense; especially since LE supposedly got there within minutes of her car pulling off the road.

She had to have been panicked; ran in the water by accident; it was a spot that was deep near the edge; it was so cold that she couldn't get herself out?

Warning Graphic

Keep in mind, Teleka would be weighted down to the bottom in her clothes and shoes (and lungs full of water). The water would not freeze all the way to the bottom.

So she had likely a week or more of active decomp before the lake froze. Then as the lake was thawing, she was decomposing more, which is what assisted her body in floating to the top. Being pulled from the water after a long time submerged hastens the decomp yet again.

Putrefaction in Water

Casper dictum states that a body decomposes in air twice as rapidly as in water, and eight times as rapidly as in earth. The variations are very real, and it is not of much practical value. The rate of putrefaction is slower in water than in air. Putrefaction is more rapid in warm, fresh water than in cold, salt water. It is more rapid in stagnant water than in running water.

Putrefaction is delayed when a body is lying in deep water and is well protected by clothing, while it is rapid in a body lying in water contaminated with sewage. As the submerged cadavers float face down with the head lower than the trunk, gaseous distension and postmortem discoloration are first seen on the face and then spread to the neck, upper extremities, chest, abdomen and the lower extremities in that order. When the body is removed from the water, putrefaction is hastened as the tissues have absorbed much water.

http://healthdrip.com/decomposition-of-human-body/

This may sound dumb but...

I hate that Teleka died when she did, right after graduating. (I understand she graduated in may or June but really that means that she was barely outa school in my book.) it seems so crappy because we put ourselves through all kinds of insane crap as students because we believe it will pay off. (some of her tweets talk about late hours, difficulties with adviser, etc...I am "there" myself right now and it stinks.) all the good times, or even just rest or taking care of ourselves, we put off till "as soon as this project is finished."

I understand in this situation, it is never fair. It just seems so wrong that she put in all the work and now she isn't here to benefit from it.

While they have records; maybe her teeth were lost in the lake due to her being so decomposed?

This is a VERY remote possibility. The dental records have to tell the tale. Also the clothing should also be matched up. I believe she was wearing a green top, black pants, shoes and coat.

Teleka has 6 minutes to disappear. She had to be in a total state of panic and really booking to jump a fence run into a lake and drown. Does anyone in that area want to do a time test and run from her car area, jump a fence and run to the lake? Day time of course and Dont Jump IN.
(Note: Websleuthers have been known to do some strange experiments on many cases)

None of it makes sense; especially since LE supposedly got there within minutes of her car pulling off the road.

She had to have been panicked; ran in the water by accident; it was a spot that was deep near the edge; it was so cold that she couldn't get herself out?

Or she could have had a delusion as to what the water was. She may have not seen it as water but as something else.

I can see once she found herself in the water, she was probably totally overtaken mainly due to a mental state of mind. This could have aided her in being totally unable to swim at all.

But we'll never know.

It was in the 20s that night. Hands would be numb, we know not if she's a strong swimmer, or if she can swim at all, and her coat and shoes would have been like anchors and a weighted straight jacket.

It only takes what, three minutes to drown?...and it's mostly silent, especially with the highway nearby. She could have drowned just minutes before LE arrived to check out the abandoned car.

Cold Shock Response lasts for only about a minute after entering the water and refers to the affect that cold water has on your breathing. Initially, there is an automatic gasp reflex in response to rapid skin cooling. If the head goes underwater, water may be breathed into the lungs during the gasp. The result is simple: drowning.

A second component of the Cold Shock Response involves hyperventilation. Like the gasp reflex, this is a natural reaction to the cold. Although this physiological response will subside, panic can cause a psychological continuance of hyperventilation.

The other significant Cold Shock Response is cardiac related. As the arteries narrow (vasoconstriction), the heart has to work harder to pump the same volume of blood throughout the body. Especially for people with underlying heart disease, this additional workload can cause the heart to go into cardiac arrest.

http://beyondcoldwaterbootcamp.com/4-phases-of-cold-water-immersion

Teleka has 6 minutes to disappear. She had to be in a total state of panic and really booking to jump a fence run into a lake and drown. Does anyone in that area want to do a time test and run from her car area, jump a fence and run to the lake? Day time of course and Dont Jump IN.

Maybe she did not have to jump a fence.

Also she may have had a lot more than 6 minutes because no one was actually looking for her at the time. It's not like the police walked along the perimeter looking for the owner of the vehicle, so she could very easily hid in the dark without anyone seeing her for quite some time, all night and early morning actually.

It seems like she had hours to make it to the lake.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back