Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She the entire $100 was in the car.. i already felt she never left the general area, but knowing that sooner, would have been even more certain, jmo.

FWIW, I don't think she intentionally killed herself (suicide). I think she was chased into that lake by her imagined demons. Devestating tragedy...like many of you, I hoped so badly that she would emerge at some point.

Rest in peace, Teleka.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/04/details_surrounding_disappeara.html
Fuller said police initially had trouble locating Patrick's 1997 Lexus after a colleague reported her missing Dec. 6 when she didn't report to work or answer calls to her phone or pager. That pager that was found in a coat pocket on Patrick's body, along with $100 in cash and keys to the Lexus that had been left sitting in a ditch only a few hundred feet from the lake.

Im amazed those items stayed in her pocket.

She the entire $100 was in the car.. i already felt she never left the general area, but knowing that sooner, would have been even more certain, jmo.

IIRC $7 was in her wallet in the car. The $100 was still in her jacket pocket when they found her body.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/04/details_surrounding_disappeara.html
Fuller said police initially had trouble locating Patrick's 1997 Lexus after a colleague reported her missing Dec. 6 when she didn't report to work or answer calls to her phone or pager. That pager that was found in a coat pocket on Patrick's body, along with $100 in cash and keys to the Lexus that had been left sitting in a ditch only a few hundred feet from the lake.

Im amazed those items stayed in her pocket.

Curious now what type of pockets are on the coat, perhaps zippered? These items alone would almost be enough to identify it was Teleka, along with the dark clothing and the ethnicity of the remains. My instincts all along have been that she was nearby. Sadly I believe she fell into the water, her head submerged in water, heavy wet clothing, shoes, panic would set in and she couldn't get out.

:(

MOO

Falling down the steep embankment into the lake, she may have hit her head and was knocked unconscious.

Curious now what type of pockets are on the coat, perhaps zippered? These items alone would almost be enough to identify it was Teleka, along with the dark clothing and the ethnicity of the remains. My instincts all along have been that she was nearby. Sadly I believe she fell into the water, her head submerged in water, heavy wet clothing, shoes, panic would set in and she couldn't get out.

MOO

I bet those items are why the PI said he had no doubt it was Teleka.

The FB detectives on the unofficial Teleka pages are further off the deep end than they have ever been.

It saddens me to see some of the posts on the family page too. The family needs love, encouragement and support right now. They don't need the comments about finding who ever did this. That has to add extra stress and confusion on them right now. They just received a terrible blow. They need time to process what has happened.

I am depressed tonight to learn that Teleka is no longer with us. I had gotten to know her, I thought, through all her tweets etc. I was hoping that she would return and maybe help others cope with mental illness. She could have been such a role model and was such a beautiful person. Fly high, Teleka, and know that you were admired and loved. My prayers and thoughts are with her family now.

We were all sure it was her too.

My original opinion due to the family being in mourning was that they were told something; they knew it was her. LE probably gave them a few days to contact family & prepare arrangements before they did the "official" ID on her yesterday & broke it to the press today.

I also thought that it was horrible the way everything was going in the press; especially for the family to read the one last night about not being able to get an ID was really cruel; so I'm not sure what was actually going on.

I'm not sure what knowledge the PI had & if he was told the same things as family as I originally suspected; but it appears he's on the outs with them for his comments.

I followed Teleka and her threads for a couple of months but never posted. It was such a complicated and heartbreaking story I had to break off. That being said I'm so sorry for the outcome and my heart and prayers go out to her and her family and friends. To know she was so close to her car somehow makes it worse.

RIP Teleka you touched so many hearts :beats:

MS is getting several punches on his official FB page. :( Got a feeling things are going to get much worse before they get better.

Falling down the steep embankment into the lake, she may have hit her head and was knocked unconscious.

I can tell you from experience. All you have to do is trip and fall in the dark - it takes a second to get turned around if you can't see, then start walking the wrong way thinking you are getting out. It happens to experienced Hunters/ Hikers all the time.

Could be she ran into water and fell, got up and started wading the wrong way and stepped into the deep drop over her head. Never came up.
JMO

We were all sure it was her too.

My original opinion due to the family being in mourning was that they were told something; they knew it was her. LE probably gave them a few days to contact family & prepare arrangements before they did the "official" ID on her yesterday & broke it to the press today.

I also thought that it was horrible the way everything was going in the press; especially for the family to read the one last night about not being able to get an ID was really cruel; so I'm not sure what was actually going on.

I'm not sure what knowledge the PI had & if he was told the same things as family as I originally suspected; but it appears he's on the outs with them for his comments.

I still say he was likely bluffing because really, who else could it be? But then again, I dislike what I know of him.

As for the family… I just don't know what to say. Many of the things they have done and said give off an appearance of characteristics which I find extremely frustrating, inappropriate, and very unfamily-like, at least to my definition. In a way, my heart aches for Teleka *because* of the family she had; they really do, as another poster said a while back, seem to be more focussed on appearances and in complete and total denial, even down to the last minute, when it appeared undeniable to everyone else on the planet that it had to be Teleka's body.

I mean, hell; I wanted her alive as much as anyone, but the moment I saw that **advertiser censored* body was found in Lk. Charles, I was convinced it was over. :(

I do wish that LE would offer up a little explanation of what really occurred in the Radisson if Teleka really never even came out and asked for a room. What was the content of that conversation? What was on that paper? Grr.

It seems clear now that something had occurred, likely only in TP-Land, that caused her to change her mind about staying at the Radisson. Possibly it was that, coming back to Borgess in the shuttle, she felt her cover was 'blown' with whatever she was hiding from, and that's when she decided to go to St. Louis. That's just my guess. I do, however, think that leaving her purse and cell, but taking the pager points to her intending to return to Borgess, even if she was going to phone in sick the next day, or something.

The explanation that she was planning to cut across what looked to her to be a patch of woods to the truck stop seems reasonable, as does the suggestion that police cars pulling up might have spooked her into a run, or caused her to lose her footing over a sharp decline that she hadn't been aware of.

A jarring tumble or fall, even if it didn't knock her out, might have knocked the wind out of her long enough for drowning to start. :( I am a pretty fair swimmer, but I can't say that *I* could have gotten out if I'd tumbled in fully-clothed and slightly stunned from a fall in that weather, much less if I were in a panic and all of a sudden was trying to breathe water.

I do *not* blame MS in any way, and sincerely would offer to buy the man a beer or a soda after all he's been through, but I have wondered if Teleka read his 12/5 FB message as some type of threat or final rejection. Teleka had mentioned being awakened by spirit attacks, and I think that may be what led her to delete her tweets and try to close off the 'portal' of demon influence. Then she saw the FB post, and possibly that is why she left her cell phone — to either not tweet, to get away from the demons, to keep herself from being traceable, something like that. If she read the FB post as a retaliatory threat for trying to remove the demonic influence by refusing to communicate in a demon-tainted modality, considering the PPO, she may have believed that the Law (in some form) was being sent after her. Trying my best to take what has happened with no tweet-help and see it through Teleka's eyes, that is the best I can tie together the chain of events in a non-contradictory way.

Regardless of all her problems, I truly believe Teleka was a wonderful, beautiful lady who could have accomplished amazing things if she had only gotten the help she needed so desperately. I do not think I will ever be able to understand the motivation behind her sibs not getting help for her, as it appears they knew about her beliefs before she ever left CA. Try as I might, there are some things about this case that I will probably never understand, and sadly a large chunk of that comes from the remaining Patrick family, not Teleka.

Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten,
Tcat.

Sent from my Lite-Brite modded to run Free BSD.

I can tell you from experience. All you have to do is trip and fall in the dark - it takes a second to get turned around if you can't see, then start walking the wrong way thinking you are getting out. It happens to experienced Hunters/ Hikers all the time.

Could be she ran into water and fell, got up and started wading the wrong way and stepped into the deep drop over her head. Never came up.
JMO

I believe it is very possible she didn't fall into the lake in the depth she was found. With that said, however, even falling into three feet of icy-cold water, fully clothed when she may not even have known there was a lake there, could be deadly in itself, especially if she was already in a state of fear.

MOO

I believe it is very possible she didn't fall into the lake in the depth she was found. With that said, however, even falling into three feet of icy-cold water, fully clothed when she may not even have known there was a lake there, could be deadly in itself, especially if she was already in a state of fear.

MOO

True, I think she waded out in her confusion. It wasn't far to deeper water. At the press conf. He said it was a steep bank then about 3' deep, then about 3 feet out a deep drop off. IIRC max depth is 20'.

If I recall correctly but MOO anyway.

MOO

I think this being a high profile case, they always tend to proceed with caution, but also, this is Indiana. No doubt many there have still not forgotten the story of Whitney Cerak and Laura Van Ryn a few years ago. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23849928/ns/dateline_nbc-newsmakers/#.U0YULChc_zI

I'm sure they wanted to be 100%, just in case.

Quite frankly, the PI alluded to the fact that there were things found with Teleka that made him believe it was her. Then the sister issued that disclaimer statement saying not to listen to him if he confirmed it was a teleka. Frankly, it crossed my mind that this was a peremptory strike by the family (I was afraid there was a suicide note with the body). However, I forgot about the car keys and the money and am relieved to hear that. It's most probably what the PI was referring to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back