Plane carrying 62 people crashes in Brazil with no survivors. Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
per the above-linked article, "the plane is sensitive to ice,[...]"

The plane was an ATS-72, two previous flights have had an ATS-72 freeze up and crash: American Eagle Flight 4184 and TransAsia Airways Flight 791.

I hope Eurasiantimes counts as acceptable MSM (I have found a few other posts linking it in the past). They're saying that there was a SIGMET (Significant Meteorological Information) warning for severe icing conditions at that altitude in that area.

If you can read technical info better, the Aviation Herald has more data.
(WARNING for embedded photos and videos of crash, no auto-playing videos and the photos aren't graphic, but better safe than sorry for something this scary and tragic, y'know?)

per the above-linked article, "the plane is sensitive to ice,[...]"

The plane was an ATS-72, two previous flights have had an ATS-72 freeze up and crash: American Eagle Flight 4184 and TransAsia Airways Flight 791.

I hope Eurasiantimes counts as acceptable MSM (I have found a few other posts linking it in the past). They're saying that there was a SIGMET (Significant Meteorological Information) warning for severe icing conditions at that altitude in that area.

RSBM
From the Eurasian Times link:
The fact that the engines were functioning normally, yet the aircraft still descended uncontrollably underscores the likelihood that the crash resulted from a combination of aerodynamic stall and possibly erroneous data being fed to the pilots.

In such scenarios, a blocked pitot tube, perhaps due to severe icing, could have provided inaccurate airspeed readings, leading the pilots to make incorrect inputs based on what they believed was reliable information. This situation would have been exacerbated by the low altitude, leaving the pilots with minimal time to diagnose the problem and recover the aircraft.

If the plane's pitot tubes were not equipped with heaters, ice could've obstructed them and caused false instrument readings, just as happened with Air France 447 in 2009 (Wikipedia entry, subsection Aftermath > Inaccurate airspeed indicators)

What a bittersweet moment for those who missed that flight !
Probably some initial irritation ... and now they have to be in a bit of shock, imo.

I'm thankful they're still with us.

Assis said that he pleaded with the agent to allow to board his return flight to São Paulo.

'At that moment, I argued with him and stuff, and that was it, and he saved my life, man,' he said. 'He did his job because... if he hadn't done it... maybe I wouldn't be in this interview today, sorry.'

Another young man told the outlet that he and three friends were among 10 passengers who were waiting by the wrong gate and unable to board the flight.

'When it was 11 o'clock, I came looking here. When I looked I said, "Man, you're not getting on that plane anymore",' he recalled.

He attempted to persuade one of the gate agents into allowing him inside the plane, but his tactics didn't work.

'I said, "Girl, put me on this plane, I have to go, I have to go",' he said.

'She said, "No …What I can do for you is reschedule your flight." So, she rescheduled it for 6:20 pm.'

"The bodies of 34 men and 28 women were recovered, according to the São Paulo government, who said that only two - the pilot and co-pilot - have been identified so far. Among those killed were a 3-year-old girl, a 4-year-old boy traveling with his pet dog and a couple who leave behind three children."

only two have been identified but then gives info on other victims they wouldn't know if they weren't identified ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back