Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought her tweets was handled respectly on WS and by the media. Alot of her tweets have been deliberately left off WS and not put in the data base out of respect for Dr Patrick.

KISSIMMEE, Florida — Just days after learning of their daughter’s death, Teleka Patrick’s mother and father are speaking out for the first time.

The couple and their private investigator reached out to FOX 17. They want to let the public know they’re still actively looking for answers in their daughter’s death. They’re calling for a second autopsy to be performed.

The Patricks spoke with me from their Florida home.

“I was devastated. I pounded. I cried. I did everything, run down the street. The neighbors had to restrain me.
There are so many questions still unanswered. We weren’t hoping for this news,” Irene Patrick, Teleka’s mother said.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2014/04/11/e...ox-17-they-want-second-autopsy/#ixzz2ycmyKY47

This is a good lesson for everyone to keep in mind. Dont put anything on the internet that you want kept a secret. Deleting doesnt get rid of it.

We have always been allowed to discuss social media posts and pages of victims and perpetrators or named POI. I see this as no different. The fact that all that sleuthing did not lead to Teleka does not diminish that a lot of people devoted a lot of time and energy trying to respectfully analyze those tweets in the hopes they would somehow lead to Teleka and a happier outcome.

I agree concernedmother, WS handled that angle very respectfully IMO. I was not thrilled with some of the media coverage that was more salacious in regard to the tweets but I do feel WS handled the situation as best they could given the tweets were out there and were going to be discussed regardless.

I know the family is grieving but please say we arent going down the Morgan Ingram road again.

I feel bad that Dr. Patrick had thousands of people digging dirt on her all for the supposed purpose of sleuthing. None of that invasion actually led to finding her. None of it helped investigators, and they even said it didn't. All it did was provide grist for the gossip mill and invaded the privacy of others too, most notably an innocent pastor, who surely had nothing to do with this disappearance and was thrust into an unwelcome spotlight and pointed to as a suspect.

Dr. Patrick was within a couple hundred yards of her abandoned car. But every aspect of her life was speculated about. Kind of adding insult to injury. What she most needed was what most missing people need: local awareness and feet on the ground in the immediate area. Winter finally gave up it's harsh hold to allow her to surface to a local community member who was in the right place to spot her. This was a personal tragedy and I hope she'll find peace as her soul continues its journey.

Digging dirt? WTH are you talking about?

And one last word from me about her tweets and other posts: I, and everyone on WS, treated and regarded TP with great respect. Sure, we didn't find her. Sure, she is dead. Sure, we couldn't do anything but apply reason to work out what might have happened up to the point she was finally found. Sure, all of that is true.

But we loved and cared for Teleka. Her tweets and posts were read by us with respect, humility, and gratitude for the possibility it gave of finding her and not letting Teleka Patrick become another homeless woman or Jane Doe in some county's cold storage. WE CARED ABOUT HER, and in some respects I feel that WSers cared more about Teleka — the *real* Teleka, warts and all — than just about any-damned-body else. I feel that we were all aware that if Tekeka were alive, she might choose to stay hiding out of shame and humiliation, and I think we (and others) took great effort to never add to any embarrassment.

At her first presser, the sheriff addressed this issue, telling Teleka that if she were out there and felt that a temporary situation had gone out of control and that she felt it was now permanent, then it was important to let Teleka know that all is forgiven, and to please contact them. Ok, I paraphrased a lot, but that was the gist of it. And I remember that he did use the phrase 'all is forgiven', because those were the exact same words my mother spoke to me a week or so before she died.

My point is that when you love, or genuinely care about someone, all really IS forgiven. Anyone who would hold Teleka responsible for anything she wrote, said, thought, or did while she was in the grips of some mental illness is a really demented person who is cordially invited to a great big serving of BITE ME.

I had more to say, but I just deleted it to be civil. Have a nice day.

Tcat.

Sent from Telezonia

KISSIMMEE, Florida — Just days after learning of their daughter’s death, Teleka Patrick’s mother and father are speaking out for the first time.

The couple and their private investigator reached out to FOX 17. They want to let the public know they’re still actively looking for answers in their daughter’s death. They’re calling for a second autopsy to be performed.

“I was devastated. I pounded. I cried. I did everything, run down the street. The neighbors had to restrain me.
There are so many questions still unanswered. We weren’t hoping for this news,” Irene Patrick, Teleka’s mother said.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2014/04/11/e...ox-17-they-want-second-autopsy/#ixzz2ycmyKY47

I'm glad they're going to get a 2nd autopsy & I hope it eases their mind. So many people kick themselves for not doing it. Better to get it done now; before she is buried then to have to disturb her.

I feel bad that Dr. Patrick had thousands of people digging dirt on her all for the supposed purpose of sleuthing. None of that invasion actually led to finding her. None of it helped investigators, and they even said it didn't. All it did was provide grist for the gossip mill and invaded the privacy of others too, most notably an innocent pastor, who surely had nothing to do with this disappearance and was thrust into an unwelcome spotlight and pointed to as a suspect.

Dr. Patrick was within a couple hundred yards of her abandoned car. But every aspect of her life was speculated about. Kind of adding insult to injury. What she most needed was what most missing people need: local awareness and feet on the ground in the immediate area. Winter finally gave up it's harsh hold to allow her to surface to a local community member who was in the right place to spot her. This was a personal tragedy and I hope she'll find peace as her soul continues its journey.

I personally have mixed feelings about the tweets; but they were not in a public section; they originally were posted on a public platform. I was not here in the beginning; although I've read some; I have not even read 1% of them...

I have tried to go over articles written about her. from what I see; others mentioned "mental illness" before any of her tweets were even looked at. I'm seeing the 1st PI saying how agitated she was; giving comments about her you tube videos; saying mental illness. Her ex-husband gave an interview on 1/1 also mentioned it.. The article has been removed from Wood TV; as well as another after it.

I disagree with you that it did not help because IMO I feel that some people knew something bad happened due to her twitter habits. They knew that she was no where near electronics to communicate or that she was deceased & could not. It also gives insight on why she was going to see her friend; it also may answer questions about why LE did not find her in the short time between her going off the road & them pulling up. To me; it says she was freaked out to be on the side of the road; whether she saw it was a police car or an unmarked; she could have thought someone followed her & was going to kill her.

I agree with concernedmother... do not put anything online that you don't intend anyone to see.

So very sad they cannot accept the truth, even now. I am doubtful a second autopsy would reveal anything other than drowning. No foul play, just an very tragic accident as a result of a break from reality.

:(

MOO

I know the family is grieving but please say we arent going down the Morgan Ingram road again.

It appears so. I feel really bad for the family. Something that stood out to me that the mom said was along the lines of, "The police keep saying different things to us, they keep changing their story."

From what I remember, the LE's story has been consistent.

I only remember the family saying that TP received a phone call that had her very upset. Then we find out that TP was not upset and that it was a non-eventful call from her aunt.

I also recall the family saying that TP did not rent the hotel because she did not have enough money but the LE never said this. The family did but this turned out not to be the case.

I feel terrible for the family's loss but they also have to remember that they are the ones who helped push this case to the public because they refused to believe there was no foul play. As we see with all that's been discovered, their opinion has remained unchanged.

Sadly, I don't think TPs parents would have ever believed she was mentally ill. If she had been found alive and hospitalized as a danger to herself, I think it's likely her parents would have demanded 2nd, 3rd, and 4th medical opinions and still insist Carlin continue to hound MS.

From the same article:

"We have to do what’s necessary to bring justice for Teleka,”

Am I to assume that Carlin has offered his continued services to help them 'continue to search for answers?' What a prince.
:steamed:

I still feel bad. Had she been found the next day or day after that, a lot of her personal business would have probably not become widely known or discussed. Her family and some friends and maybe a few at work or so would have known about or learned about her mental condition but not thousands and hundreds of thousands. The thing about mental illness is there is no predicting actions if the sufferer isn't disclosing what they're thinking of doing. It's a hidden disease in that way. Every person is different, every manifestation of mental illness is different. It's a highly personal issue, and ultimately no one's business but the sufferer, their family, their doctor(s), unless they commit a felony. TP was not a felon.

I listened to the press conference the other day and yes, LE did say that social media and TP's voluminous tweets, some recovered after she deleted them, did not assist them in their investigation and they had to (paraphrasing here) ignore all the noise around that and stay focused on their tasks. It caught my attention when he said it because LE doesn't normally talk about social media, but this officer/press person did and I thought his comment was quite pointed.

No one has to agree with me, these are my feelings and opinions and observations, which I'm entitled to express.

I really hope her family does not try to implicate MS. But I feel it coming. Imo, no way they will accept what seems quite obvious. Jmo

I could really understand the suspicions if it hadn't been for Teleka herself. She said several times they communicated telepathically. Even the last tweets.

I still feel bad. Had she been found the next day or day after that, a lot of her personal business would have probably not become widely known or discussed. Her family and some friends and maybe a few at work or so would have known about or learned about her mental condition but not thousands and hundreds of thousands. The thing about mental illness is there is no predicting actions if the sufferer isn't disclosing what they're thinking of doing. It's a hidden disease in that way. Every person is different, every manifestation of mental illness is different. It's a highly personal issue, and ultimately no one's business but the sufferer, their family, their doctor(s), unless they commit a felony. TP was not a felon.

I listened to the press conference the other day and yes, LE did say that social media and TP's voluminous tweets, some recovered after she deleted them, did not assist them in their investigation and they had to (paraphrasing here) ignore all the noise around that and stay focused on their tasks. It caught my attention when he said it because LE doesn't normally talk about social media, but this officer/press person did and I thought his comment was quite pointed.

No one has to agree with me, these are my feelings and opinions and observations, which I'm entitled to express.

Why do you think mental illness is something to be hidden? Why are you so ashamed of that diagnosis?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back