Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We can play "what if?" forever. Scared, running, tripping, rolling into cold water and bumping her head; knowing how to swim and surface diving into the pond to avoid attention but getting her coat caught on a branch or succumbing to the cold water; we'll never know for sure.

Teleka, you matter, your life matters, your life matters so much more than the minutiae of your death.

I am not surprised or shocked or appalled so much by family members feeling there has to be foul play in Teleka's death, as I think many of us suspected they would accept nothing less...but I am surprised that that there wouldn't be one person who could see that even "going there" with regards to MS is a bad idea, and be able to convince the others. I hope there is such a person. I am feeling really bad for all of them, but for MS just as much, if his life is going to continue to be derailed.

My wish would be that eventually, sometime down the road, her family would speak out, or work with, groups that try to make the issue of mental illness more accessible and free of shame. The stigma is a terrible one and really, has not improved all that much in the past century...just like others stigmas and prejudices that continue to surface all the time, i.e anti-Semitism, racism based on skin color, ethnic backgrounds and more. We pretend it has, but it is still there. Jmo

Car keys, a pager and $100 a co-worker gave her on Dec. 5 were also recovered at the lake, according to Fuller.

These things were recovered AT the lake or IN the lake? Anyone know?

I'm going to have to question this statement by her ex. I was chastised severely by three AA women who were part of my staff when I suggested a company pool party one year a few years back. I got the rundown on why AA women do NOT swim...they were not vague, they were very specific...there is too much money, time, and effort that goes into maintaining their hair to ruin it with water. She could have used a swim cap...but for some reason even that was not an option for the aforementioned AA females. Teleka had beautiful hair.

Sounds to me ...IMO... like the family is going to go full steam ahead for "justice for Teleka". Mind you, I have my doubts too...I'm having a hard time with the "accident" scenario...there hasn't been one that 100% convinces me she "accidentally" found a body of water in the middle of nowhere and drowned in it. JMO

I find this statement to be somewhat offensive. I was a lifeguard at the community pool when I was younger and half of our patrons were black folks who did not mind getting their hair wet. Of course there are women who are fresh out of the beauty salon who don't want to mess it up but your statement is very generalized and just plain wrong.

If TP's ex said she often went swimming why question it?

And for what it's worth TP's hair looks like a wig in all of her photos.

I find this statement to be somewhat offensive. I was a lifeguard at the community pool when I was younger and half of our patrons were black folks who did not mind getting their hair wet. Of course there are women who are fresh out of the beauty salon who don't want to mess it up but your statement is very generalized and just plain wrong.

It is a wig. She mentioned in her tweets from Nov.2013 that she wears "other hair" over her own hair which she braids into small plaits. She hoped to be "other hair" free by Jun.2014.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

While we don't and won't ever have enough information to say, it's worth noting that many deaths which are probably suicides are reported as accidental deaths by medical examiners and coroners. So when I hear about someone who has some mental health issues dieing alone in uncertain circumstances, I tend to take the determination of accidental death with a grain of salt. Without a note or something to suggest self-inflicted trauma to a body, many times medical examiners will err on the side of accidental death to avoid causing more pain to a family.

I heard somwhere that she sent pics to him, probably not with all her clothes on.....its obvious, there was something wrong....this lady was going to be a psychiatrist, what she was doing was not normal...it was easy to see.
A guy does it and they consider him...what?...A politician? Well...yes. But they don't say he is mentally ill. Along with all the other people sexting, too.

I am still not yet convinced there was not a real person on another twitter account (not following on her acct) leading her on. Internet trolls can be incredibly cruel and carry on for sometimes years with a person who engages them. They can pretend to be anyone they choose to be. There would be no way to trace them if the exchanges only took place reading and not using the @troll when responding from her account. The person could have told her under no circumstances could she give up that name and threatened her. She would have followed along assuming it was him. Yet when she got frustrated, she went directly to him writing things because she thought it WAS him writing back from the other account.

Not saying she was ever in real danger or her death wasn't an accidental drowning, but saying we don't know (and never will know) for certain a living person was not conversing with her for months and it only appeared Dr. Patrick was talking to herself.

A guy does it and they consider him...what?...A politician? Well...yes. But they don't say he is mentally ill. Along with all the other people sexting, too.

I am still not yet convinced there was not a real person on another twitter account (not following on her acct) leading her on. Internet trolls can be incredibly cruel and carry on for sometimes years with a person who engages them. They can pretend to be anyone they choose to be. There would be no way to trace them if the exchanges only took place reading and not using the @troll when responding from her account. The person could have told her under no circumstances could she give up that name and threatened her. She would have followed along assuming it was him. Yet when she got frustrated, she went directly to him writing things because she thought it WAS him writing back from the other account.

Not saying she was ever in real danger or her death wasn't an accidental drowning, but saying we don't know (and never will know) for certain a living person was not conversing with her for months and it only appeared Dr. Patrick was talking to herself.

Its probably just me since I am not feeling very well today, but I don't understand what you are saying SS. If 'someone' carried on any communication of any kind it would be traced back to them.

Everyone knows there is really no such thing as being 'anonymous' on the internet anywhere anymore. That is why lawsuits are cropping up more than ever before against anonymous internet posters who think they are anonymous and cant be detected when they falsely accused someone. They weren't hidden at all and Judges are demanding the sites reveal information of the anonymous poster to reveal their true identity. Some of those case have been won. They were won against the real live person who was falsely accusing even though they stupidly thought they could hide behind a monitor and never been known.

So I am not following you. How could they be trolling if they never responded?

I think if anyone was conversing with Teleka in any manner, LE, and the forensic computer/data experts would have found it. They had all of her communication devices. They had her cell phone, and cell phone records can be gotten for several years back. They took her computer, and I am sure anything else they found that would show the communications of TP between anyone else.

They can even track back who she may have kept up with on the internet and what tweets, posts she read. It would all be in her history file where she was and what she was viewing at any given time along with showing when she was doing her own tweets, etc.

So while I respect your opinion highly I don't think anyone was communicating with Teleka except the voices inside her head. Even she admits that in her tweets.

About it being a guy thing versus a girl thing. One thing I have noticed is the disparity in when a female becomes a stalker and when a male is accused of being one. When a man does it.........it is off with his head so to speak but if a male is the victim of the stalking then it seems some want to blame him for being stalked by the female. That is the huge double standards I have seen in this case.

IMO

Ok, IMO, this has gone from sad to beyond ridiculous.

Parents think that Teleka Patrick was murdered, funeral services announced

They tell Newschannel 3 they are disappointed with how police handled her case.

The 30-year-old was found in Lake Charles in Porter, Indiana a week ago Sunday, just yards from where her car was abandoned with a flat tire on I-94 last December.

With no signs of trauma to the body, both autopsies concluded Patrick died from asphyxia by drowning.

Her parents feel something else happened to their daughter.

"We don't believe a person who got two doctorates, in a functioning manner, could walk into a lake and kill themselves," said Mattahais and Irene Patrick. "I personally believe someone killed her."

Investigators in the case say they believe this case is closed.

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/fea...l-services-announced-19994.shtml#.U0wCezbD-cw

They don't even accept this was an accidental drowning. Who in the world said she killed herself? The police sure hasn't ever even hinted that was the case.

And since when are smart people immune from accidentally drowning? Some of the smartest people I have ever known had little to no common sense, and make some of the stupidest decisions. So I don't know why they keep putting out that her smartness would have prevented her from drowning.

I think it was on here where they showed a close up shot of all the tall dead weeds growing all around the pond. She could have been running through the woods, and didn't even know the lake was ahead of her until she had tumbled into it, and couldn't get out.

Do they even realize that even the brightest among us are just as vulnerable to all things as anyone else? They put way too much emphasis on her intelligence and degrees imo. Why not talk about how Teleka was as a daughter instead of talking about her degrees?

Why don't they talk about creating a foundation in Teleka's honor to help mentally ill people instead? That would certainly be more productive because this mindset isn't going to get them anywhere.

IMO

I agree that the comment was a bit off. For what it's worth, some of TP's tweets talk about vacationing on the beach. Also about wearing a swimsuit. I don't know it that means she could swim though.

I based everyhing on what I've seen, and read online about her actions.

They are many different kinds of crazy.

I don't think I can follow this case anymore. The pure denial on the part of the family is just eye-opening, really. This is possibly a major reason Teleka didn't get help in life, because her parents had their eyes closed to reality. The signs were there! Highly functioning or not, the signs were screamingly apparent and her family covered their collective ears.

I'm sorry, I do feel terrible for them but I just can't sit here and watch them deny reality for years to come. With Carlin's "help", I'm sure it will go on for year$ and year$.

RIP Teleka.

I hope MS ends up filing suit for damage to his reputation. It should not have to come to this, over a tragic death, but he may have no choice.

I don't think I can follow this case anymore. The pure denial on the part of the family is just eye-opening, really. This is possibly a major reason Teleka didn't get help in life, because her parents had their eyes closed to reality. The signs were there! Highly functioning or not, the signs were screamingly apparent and her family covered their collective ears.

I'm sorry, I do feel terrible for them but I just can't sit here and watch them deny reality for years to come. With Carlin's "help", I'm sure it will go on for year$ and year$.

RIP Teleka.

I do still feel sorry for them, but I am losing my sympathy for them, I will admit, and feel sorrier for Pastor Sapp than ever before. He needs to obtain an attorney. It is a shame that he was thrown into this nightmare through no fault of his own or his children's. Never could he have ever imagined that by trying to stop Teleka from stalking him and his children it would destroy their lives even more when he got tangled up in something he wasn't even involved in.:(

I think the denial has to be connected to their religious faith and its very frowned upon in their church if someone is deemed mentally ill. I am tired of them talking about Teleka degrees and not talking about her personally as a daughter and sister.

I don't even think they realize it or maybe they don't even care, but they themselves are stigmatizing mental illness, instead of embracing it, and should be trying to reach out to others who may be in need of help. I don't even think they saw their daughter very much. Its like they pretended all was well yet Teleka was alone and floundering...struggling trying to handle this on her own.:(

IMO

I'm just trying to get inside the thought process of the parents/PI about how Teleka could have been murdered and I just can't put two and two together and end up with four.

Two autopsies have concluded her death was from drowning. Assuming that is correct, then it should be possible to determine if the water in her lungs was from the pond, or from somewhere else. If the water in her lungs was from the pond (which I assume is the case) then she had to have been murdered there at the pond. If someone was holding her down in the water, I would think her body would likely show signs of a struggle or of being knocked unconscious and then drowned.

None of the 911 calls mentioned a second car near Teleka's or of seeing anyone else in the area. So where was this supposed murderer?

IMO the PI has led the family down a dangerous path from the day he was hired. By casting suspicion on Pastor Sapp, he opened the door to what the family is now believing happened to poor Teleka.

I wish someone would gently point out to them that Teleka herself told the school that her "fiance" lived nearby. That to me is the signpost they are failing to acknowledge. But I suppose in their current state of denial they would somehow rationalize that the statement was misunderstood by the school.

Why isn't the PI pointing out to them that there is no EVIDENCE that Teleka was murdered? Why does a family prefer to believe their daughter was murdered than that she slipped and fell and succumbed to hypothermia and drowned? [ETA] Because she was academically smart doesn't mean she was immune from making a dumb decision - "smart" people do stupid things every day.

I just don't get it.

Just my two cents here but...

I think Teleka was seriously mentally ill.

[modsnip].

I think if she drowned, it was because someone took her to the water and held her under.

I don't see any other logical explanation.

I think that is all I have to say about this case.

RIP Teleka. Condolences to the family. I feel for them and I understand their concerns 100 %.

To Teleka's parents and those who believe in God:

There are some things in life that are unexplained and we're often left without answers to mysterious happenings. Remember God himself had to give his only son, and how painful that must have been. RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back