Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cannot believe it took this long when she was that close.
Yes, I understand the weather and everything...
However... we were saying from day one that they needed to clear that area.
How awful to know she was likely right there the entire time...
That makes the most sense though. :twocents:

The tire thing has been answered over and over- LE said it was not tampered with.

No you don't ask questions like an investigator, You ask them like you think an investigator would ask.

How exactly would you prove no one was in the car with her? You are asking to prove a negative. How about proving that she was wearing a dark jacket? We saw she was at 8pm on video, but she could have stopped at Wal Mart and bought a neon hoodie.....you can't prove she didn't do that....

Can you prove I'm wearing underwear right now?
:banghead:

Can you? We'll need a photograph for good measure :floorlaugh:

You don't know if you're being followed right now. I don't Know if the moon landings were real....etc ad nauseum....

ALL available evidence says she wasn't.

I think if she was being stalked by an actual person she would have called the police. I think her delusions got her spooked but she knew the police couldn't help her. My opinion.

I really enjoy reading the theories on this thread. Some don't seem likely but it presents a wide spectrum of possibilities to consider.

I chided myself last night for being sad when I don't even know Dr. Patrick. I didn't know that I would come to know her innermost thoughts and feelings and end up completely concerned and hopeful that a miracle would happen. But I was.
Then I said, "No more websleuthing!" because I'm too sensitive. But I changed my mind because if more sensitive people get into websleuthing we just might help bring a missing person home one day.

Here's what I think happened: TP got out of her car and walked to the road. It probably looked like a looooong way to walk, so she decided to cut across the brush/trees and go to that truck stop place on the other side of the lake. It was dark. Her mind was totally clouded with delusions. She believed she was being followed and started to run through the trees. Eventually, she fell down the embankment and into the water. She was not able to get back out.
Alternately, she waded into the cold water in her deluded state of mind. She had a lot of religious delusions and thought she was either being baptized or walking on water. Or possibly being chased by the Egyptians and that the Red Sea would part for her. She fell in and was unable to get back out.
I'm so sorry this happened, and my heart really goes out to her family. Also to all the other sensitive websleuths. Good work, folks!

This happens all the time, mostly when relatives are unable to face the possibility a loved one is dead. I am always torn when no foul play looks to be involved - do I have the right to encourage loved ones to look in the place I feel sure their loved one will be found, deceased, when I can see they are not ready? From the beginning, I was sure Teleka went into the water.

There is another case just like this, unsolved, and I feel the result will eventually be the same. It's very hard, as I feel there is a duty to bring the missing home, no matter if you are related or not.

I am glad it looks like Teleka is found. She needed to find peace and I think she did.

I don't think I've posted on this thread, but I've followed from the beginning.

When I learned about her being found in Lake Charles, the first thing that came to mind was how much she hated the weather in Michigan--and being cold, in general.

And then to think she's been in that cold water, with ice covering her for weeks--it's just heartbreaking.

It's heartbreaking for her family and friends that she's been found deceased. RIP, Teleka.

She walked kinda far in the dark to get to that lake....if that was, in fact, what she did right after leaving the car. I don't quite undrstand how one goes about drowning themselves in a lake.

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't there a paid PI involved here? Who didn't think Teleka would be found near her vehicle, didn't seem interested in searches and hinted he thought there was some kind of foul play? That someone else might have vital info?

Does anyone know what he is saying now? I would really like to know.

She walked kinda far in the dark to get to that lake....if that was, in fact, what she did right after leaving the car. I don't quite undrstand how one goes about drowning themselves in a lake.

I cannot get that lake to come up on ipad maps. It's infuriating. I have a media map without names, but can't match it to any of my maps.

She was so close to the car, a blind man could of found her, if he searched the morning after.

So sad for the family, such an intellegent person , and to have those troubles, and leave in this kind of way.

It doesn't seem that far to me. Based on satellite views, maybe 200 feet from the road? Her car was already pulled off the road. If she was paranoid and thought someone was following her, as is strongly suspected, her first thought was probably to run and get away from the road. She couldn't see the water, just the trees so she probably ran toward those, climbed the fence and she would be at the water before she realized it. I think by the time she would have realized there was a lake there it would have been too late :( It was cold, dark and she had on heavy clothing. I've driven this section of road many times and never realized there was a lake there. She could see the lights on the other side. I can see her thinking that she could outsmart those following her by cutting across the field.

<modsnip>

<modsnip> appreciation for the devastating effects of serious mental diseases. Scizophrenia victims are at much higher risk of committing suicide. They also don't act in rational ways--the distructive power of this disease is being demonstrated in this tragic case.

<modsnip> don't need any "flat tire" theories, bad guys chasing TP, or any other external forces to explain her death. TP could have just fallen into the lake, maybe the autopsy will shed some additional light on the cause of death.

But there's no doubt as to the underlying cause. This was a simple case from the beginning.

<modsnip>

I didn't make them up, they are out there, I simply asked other sleuths very good questions...to keep the thread alive..<modsnip>

I have a friend thats a psychiatrist, I know about mental disorders, a family member has schizophrenia.

Exactly what I said, wait on the autopsy report, <modsnip>

Just like flight mh370, we can speculate, but nobody knows the reason why it vanished, until its found and proven.

Personally, I believe she tumbled into the lake after discarding her automobile at MM23 on the interstate. In my opinion her delusional state was at an apex that evening, she frantically fled on foot into the dark evening, fleeing from her brain chatter until she tumbled down the steep bank into the small lake. There, in complete mental and physical exhaustion, she found peace. All became quiet.

Jmo

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Oh I know... if random hikers hadn't stumbled on my cousin she'd still be missing.
Her parents were in such deep denial that they would have decided she ran away.

I just wish that someone ELSE had taken the initiative to search that lake if it was possible.
We cannot always rely on families to take the initiative... I just wish someone else had.

Really though 4 months may seem like an eternity... but compared to other cases it is not.
I will just be glad that she was found in 4 months and not 4 years... or 40 years. :twocents:

This happens all the time, mostly when relatives are unable to face the possibility a loved one is dead. I am always torn when no foul play looks to be involved - do I have the right to encourage loved ones to look in the place I feel sure their loved one will be found, deceased, when I can see they are not ready? From the beginning, I was sure Teleka went into the water.

There is another case just like this, unsolved, and I feel the result will eventually be the same. It's very hard, as I feel there is a duty to bring the missing home, no matter if you are related or not.

I am glad it looks like Teleka is found. She needed to find peace and I think she did.

Oh I know... if random hikers hadn't stumbled on my cousin she'd still be missing.
Her parents were in such deep denial that they would have decided she ran away.

I just wish that someone ELSE had taken the initiative to search that lake if it was possible.
We cannot always rely on families to take the initiative... I just wish someone else had.

Really though 4 months may seem like an eternity... but compared to other cases it is not.
I will just be glad that she was found in 4 months and not 4 years... or 40 years. :twocents:

Just yes to this. My missing aunt was laid buried in her own backyard for seven years because of denial and lack of initiative. I'll never get over it. My family's failure, and my failure, to see the truth just lying there......

Fisherman: Hoping for closure for Patrick&#8217;s family
By Ken KolkerUpdated: Monday, April 7, 2014, 5:51 pmPublished: Monday, April 7, 2014, 5:48 pm

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/07/fisherman-hoping-for-closure-for-patricks-family/

&#8220;I started casting and then I looked over and I seen something that wasn&#8217;t right,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I just went over there, walked around, noticed it was what I thought it was.&#8221;

The body was face down in shallow water. He saw no obvious sign of injury.

&#8220;She&#8217;s probably 15 to 20 feet out, out in the water,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I just feel bad that I had to find her this way.&#8221;

He said he waded into the lake to make sure of what he had found. Then he called the local police department.

After making the discovery, he went online and watched footage of Patrick just before she went missing. He noticed the black jacket she was wearing was just like the one worn by the woman he found in the water, he said.

&#8220;That&#8217;s what got me,&#8221; he said. &#8220;That&#8217;s her.&#8221;

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back