MI - Eleven Infant Bodies Found - Detroit - 12 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Your link gave me a subscription page. I tried incognito, and the article loaded, and said I had 4 free articles remaining.

In Virginia, many years ago, my OB told me that if a stillborn child weighed 2 pounds, the child must be buried or cremated. Don't know how it is now. Our baby was full-term, but she passed a week or so before delivery. The cord wrapped around her neck. So very. very sad. I feel for these parents, the ones who cared.

Am I missing something? Was there financial gain to keeping infant corpses and fetuses? Is this hoarding?
It might be a financial thing.
I was actually having a conversation with someone last week about this story (back when we thought it was only that one funeral home with 11.....). While they said they were surprised it happened with humans, they did point out that this is not exactly uncommon with veterinarian clinics to save cost on fuel for the furnace.

It might be a financial thing.
I was actually having a conversation with someone last week about this story (back when we thought it was only that one funeral home with 11.....). While they said they were surprised it happened with humans, they did point out that this is not exactly uncommon with veterinarian clinics to save cost on fuel for the furnace.
Didn't they find animal remains that a vet had dumped somewhere? I don't remember where or what year that might have happened in.

Police: Most infant remains found at Detroit funeral home were fetuses

Detroit — Most of the infants' bodies discovered last week in the ceiling compartment of a Detroit funeral home were fetuses stuffed inside a cardboard box, Police Chief James Craig said Monday.

State authorities received an anonymous letter in the mail Friday that there were 11 infants' bodies hidden in the Cantrell Funeral Home on Mack Avenue. The facility had been shut down in April after state investigators found deplorable conditions, including decomposed bodies covered in mold...

illegal Abortion clinic on the side?
Is it possible abortion laws make disposing of stillbirths and miscarriages more complicated? Still that doesn't make sense. I thought maybe abortions too, but why keep the remains?

Parents of fetus found at Cantrell sue home, DMC

A Metro Detroit couple filed suit Wednesday against the Detroit Medical Center and Cantrell Funeral Home after learning their child's remains were among 11 infant bodies discovered hidden in the funeral home's ceiling in mid-October.

Whitney Morris and AJ Johnson are the parents of Baby Boy Morris, one of 10 fetuses whose remains were discovered, along with those of a newborn baby, after an anonymous tip led state inspectors and police to search a ceiling crawl space at the shuttered Mack Avenue funeral home on Oct. 12...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether
Back