Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
searchingfamily [B said:
He had a laptop and a cell phone when he left Ohio and used both. No one knows where either is, but police got some records from phone.
[/B]

His computer should have had a serial number. Is it too much to hope the number is recorded in the records/paperwork when he bought the computer?
BBM

Did Eric take any prescription meds that you know of? My daughter works at the pharmacy right down the street, if he was a regular customer she may remember him. Not sure if that would even be helpful if she does, but you never know.

He was not taking any medication that we know if. He had no insurance and wasn't on gov't assistance programs as far as we know.

I also read that Eric had some strong political views. Would he have been involved with any political organizations, went to protests, etc? My mother is heavily involved in many political organizations in Saginaw and has been for 15 years. She too may have some remembrance of Eric if he did, and she has lots of friends that she could also share his picture with.

While Eric wrote about politics, we are unaware of him ever having gotten involved other than just the writing. In fact, we're not even sure he ever voted. We are certain he was not registered in Ohio, and he lived here for three years. So...is it possible he went off to join a political org? Anything is possible. Is it likely? Prob. not unless they are paying him, gave him a different car, helped hide his car, etc. etc. That also wouldn't explain WHY he just stopped contact with his mom, who he has always maintained contact with. Cutting off your family isn't a requirement to join.

I am just a little concerned about the area where Millers is. It wasnt too great when I lived there and while I guess it could have been cleaned up in recent years, I tend to think not (the pharmacy my daughter works at has been robbed 4 or 5 times in the last couple years. Yes, I really wish she would work elsewhere). I just wonder about the "shifty" characters that tend to stay at that motel. While I have suspicions of the ex-gf obviously, I also wonder about people who may have been Eric's "neighbors".

According to Eric's messages during the six months he lived there, the area has not improved. So we did think of him becoming victim to a more random act of violence due to living in a high-crime area, such as robbery or the like, but...that doesn't explain the missing car and potential missing body. Random killers don't take time to make a car and a body disappear, right?

Oh, and very sorry to hear your daughter works in such a dangerous place.

Also, did the ex-gf live in the same area, other side of town, etc? (if you know)

Buena Vista Twp.

I will be happy to hang up posters of Eric in this area and ask my friends and family in Saginaw to hang them there too. I know they would be happy to help.

We would be MOST appreciative of someone doing this. Several people have mentioned possibly doing this, but we are not aware of any posters going up yet. If anyone here has done so please let us know where.

We continue to make plans to get there, but we want to make sure our BVPD contact is available to meet with us, and his schedule us unfortunately VERY tight.

Ok....call me crazy!! But there is an Eric L Franks age 40 listed in Tulsa OK...his address is not listed just a PO Box, but there is a phone number. There is also an associate listed with it...Can provide details if you want to look into it.

The other question I would like to ask and I do not mean for this to be rude or for any other reason than to benefit the search...but is there any chance eric is gay or bisexual? Is it possible he has chosen this lifestyle and felt that his family would not approve. The reason I ask is that he seems to be following alot of Gay rights movements on his twitter...i hope this hasn't offended Erics family...that is not my intention

Re: Tulsa. We'd be happy to call any number and check.

Re: alternative lifestyle. No offense taken, but no indicators of that. Also, that wouldn't explain the missing car. Police say if the car was on the road being driven with expired tags it'd have been found by now.

His computer should have had a serial number. Is it too much to hope the number is recorded in the records/paperwork when he bought the computer?

Update - in looking back through some FB posts he made before he left Ohio over the weekend, he said his third wife took the laptop.

The person in Tulsa is not your relative, he has a different middle name.

Re: Tulsa. We'd be happy to call any number and check.

Re: alternative lifestyle. No offense taken, but no indicators of that. Also, that wouldn't explain the missing car. Police say if the car was on the road being driven with expired tags it'd have been found by now.

Searchigfamily-
Did Eric have a cell phone? Do we know where his phone last pinged?

Do people in Tupelo know he's missing in case something happened to make him disoriented and he returned to Tupelo?

Excellent idea! :goodpost: I don't know about the rest of you, but I hadn't stopped and taken into consideration that Eric might be out there with amnesia or something. Wow, ktgirl, that's great that you thought of that. Wouldn't that be great if we find out that's what happened? SF, has anyone checked the hospitals and asked the police about IU people? The living ones.
Maybe homeless shelters and such? If he doesn't remember who he was?

Searchigfamily-
Did Eric have a cell phone? Do we know where his phone last pinged?

I would think if they could triangulate the signal where the cell phone last worked, that would be a great start to looking for where he might be. Any water in the area should be searched.

You all have been working so hard on this, I am having a hard time catching up each time I get back. It seems like there's a lot of search possibilities, and then something caught my attention. SF, did you say the exgf came to the motel but it's unlikely the child was ever present? That it's possible Eric didn't get to see/meet the child. The other question. Did anyone see Eric leaving in his car when someone else was in another car, or even someone else was either in Eric's car or driving Eric's car? It sure would be great if someone saw something like that.

Someone in that area knows him, he was there 5 months! Who else stayed in that motel? Even someone at the locale grocery or gas station has to remember him.

I agree. Maybe questioning some of the other residents of the motel would garner a clue. Perhaps Eric confided something to one of them. Even a passing statement may speak volumes. I wonder if he spent a lot of time a particular restaurant where he became friendly with the staff? Maybe he said something to them about an issue or a concern?

No idea where his possessions are - again, she says Eric took them that day when she says he left for California.

SF, did you get a PI? Because I'd think the exgf either did some talking or left some signs. What did she do with all of Eric's stuff? Do they have a burn ordinance and would any of her neighbors 'talk' about her? No matter how well liked she was, one of her neighbors doesn't like her and would be more than happy to share information with a detective. Did she pile all his belongings in his car or did she take them to goodwill or what? If she did something with his belongings after his car was gone, that's a problem.
This exgf, did she grow up in this town? Have relatives there? Know everyone? That's when a detective could have a problem. Anything else I could say I won't say here.

This is kind of a long shot, and I'm not even sure it is do-able, but

Can you get a copy of the child's birth certificate or at least see a copy of it to see if he was named as the father at any time (at birth or sometime thereafter).

And, did he take out a life insurance policy while he was there naming said child as the sole beneficiary?

He doesn't have to be the one taking out an insurance policy. She (the exgf) could have done that as well. I think ANYONE can take out an insurance policy on anyone and name themselves the beneficiary. This is one of my big things. I think if someone gets an insurance policy on someone else, that person being insured should be notified of the policy request.

I'm just trying to ferret out a motive (if there is one). The common denominator is the child. I'm assuming other than the child and the mother, he didn't really know anyone in Michigan.

The only way an insurance policy would pay out is if he was named the father on the birth certificate.

Perhaps you should show a link for this, because that's not true according to what I know. Sometimes business partners get life insurance on their business partner, and at some point a business partner has met an untimely demise.
Parents get policies on their children, and hate to say it, but the children have met an untimely demise. WTH does that say about some parents?

I suggest you call a life insurance company or two with the claim that was BBM. Like I said, I know that isn't true in at least some cases. Perhaps it varies by state? And if there was an insurance policy on Eric that got paid out, the insurance company is another ally, because they don't like to pay on an insurance policy when the death is possibly murder. That is something else to check. Because if the exgf had him declared dead, how and why if Eric went to Cali?

Miller's Motel doesn't really look like a motel. Is this just maybe a handful of rooms for rent, like small 1-story townhomes with just the basics?

Miller's Motel:
Miller's Motel Bridgeport, MI - Google Search

Could somebody on a pc please screencap this as I'm having trouble with my old photobucket loading from my cell...

When I see this picture, knowing he did odd jobs for the motel owner, it makes me wonder if the owner is one of those nice guys that's always trying to help somebody out. Iow, did he have any other long term occupants? Does he rent to people that seem lost so he tries to help them? If so, it could explain why he didn't question the ex gf's motives in packing up & moving out Eric's belongings.

BBM When I see this picture, I realize that google only takes photos now and then, we have a nice time checking out our house to see what's around and what cars are in the driveway. SF, have you looked at the photos of Millers and other places in that area Eric was known to go, to see if his vehicle is there? One more thing, did Eric say he never went to the exgf's house? Or maybe only rarely? Because I'd check the google map for her place, too.

case map

you can put little green guy by the hotel to get a street view

Cold Pizza
o/t but the little green guy is yellow when he walks for me lol

Okay, it's so way late for me, and all this talk of little green men has done me in. I'll be seeing them next. :offtobed:

Good luck everyone, best wishes SF.

[/B]

Perhaps you should show a link for this, because that's not true according to what I know. Sometimes business partners get life insurance on their business partner, and at some point a business partner has met an untimely demise.
Parents get policies on their children, and hate to say it, but the children have met an untimely demise. WTH does that say about some parents?

I suggest you call a life insurance company or two with the claim that was BBM. Like I said, I know that isn't true in at least some cases. Perhaps it varies by state? And if there was an insurance policy on Eric that got paid out, the insurance company is another ally, because they don't like to pay on an insurance policy when the death is possibly murder. That is something else to check. Because if the exgf had him declared dead, how and why if Eric went to Cali?

this is not a likely motive if for no other reason you need a body to prove death before a life insurance company would ever pay out. murder does not void a policy if it is done by a complete stranger. a murderer cannot collect the proceeds of a policy on the life of his victim.

this is not a likely motive if for no other reason you need a body to prove death before a life insurance company would ever pay out. murder does not void a policy if it is done by a complete stranger. a murderer cannot collect the proceeds of a policy on the life of his victim.

One would think if there was a collection made on a life insurance policy that a death certificate would have to be produced ergo a death would have to be recorded by the county morgue which would leave a paper trail available on public records.

I am wondering if the family every followed up on the post I discovered made on the 25th July on the stop beck website....

He doesn't have to be the one taking out an insurance policy. She (the exgf) could have done that as well. I think ANYONE can take out an insurance policy on anyone and name themselves the beneficiary. This is one of my big things. I think if someone gets an insurance policy on someone else, that person being insured should be notified of the policy request.

It is true, anyone can take out a policy on another person; however, you must produce proof the person is actually deceased...i.e. a death certificate. Without a body, and without proper paperwork, no way would an insurance company pay out.

Oops never mind!!

[/B]

I work in human resources, and what is stated above is true. Business partners have life insurance policies on other partners. I can have a policy on my neighbor, if I so desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020