MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Eric or his former girlfriend were married when this child apparently was conceived.( There has been no DNA done.)Both married other people later on.
According to Eric's closest friends that he was in daily contact with and his FB postings, Eric and his former girlfriend had rekindled a relationship. This was confirmed by her husband to a family member and to police.

No, I had not heard about the discovery of a leg bone, but I appreciate your mentioning it. We will ask the MI state police detective in charge of Eric's case about it. We were told we would not be notified about remains found until an absolute ID was made. I can see the reason for that. It is such a roller coaster experience anyway. However, someone with the MI state police and NAMUS did mention a body that was found months ago and she asked me if my son had metal pins in his back. She was not the person I normally talked to and obviously was not "up" on Eric's case or she would have known for sure that he did not. Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes talking helps.

I did hesitate to mention it, due to it being such a sensitive subject. After seeing you post in various threads, I decided to go ahead and say something. I know you have so many questions and those are the hardest to deal with. At least for me, the "why?" and "what if's?" took years to get past.

If you ever just want to talk, I am here and though I do not understand what it is like to have a son missing, I do understand grieving for a son who is not coming home. Just PM message me and I'll send my email or phone number. You're right, it can help to talk about it. (((hugs)))

Tammy

bbm: I think they need to get involved if they aren't already. Does the local force have to request their help or can the family do it?
The Archbold police got in touch with the Bridgeport police. The Bridgeport police turned it over to the Buena Vista police, who stopped contact with family after the first year. Family requested it go to someone who would investigate and keep in touch. It was turned over to the Sheriff's office who said if Eric's file was on their desk that day, they didn't have time to do anything. So, family requested it be turned over to State police, who now have the case.

Eric's Mom,
I have just discovered this thread/case.
I just want to say I am sorry you are having to go through this, and I hope you get resolution soon.

(I am only on page 2 in reading through this, but I am sad it seemed to have taken LE so long to DO something).

Besides the child that he has with exGF, does Eric have other children by his former wives?

Does Eric have any known medical and/or mental health issues?

No, only stepchildren. Eric is adopted and he was thrilled to learn of a biological child. DNA has not proven he's the father, but the former girlfriend and her husband told family and police that Eric is the child's father. Eric sent photos of her to me and she does look like him.

I did hesitate to mention it, due to it being such a sensitive subject. After seeing you post in various threads, I decided to go ahead and say something. I know you have so many questions and those are the hardest to deal with. At least for me, the "why?" and "what if's?" took years to get past.

If you ever just want to talk, I am here and though I do not understand what it is like to have a son missing, I do understand grieving for a son who is not coming home. Just PM message me and I'll send my email or phone number. You're right, it can help to talk about it. (((hugs)))

Tammy
No, I appreciate your concern and letting us know anything that would help. Believe me, I have imagined almost any and everything that might have happened to him. As a mother, I wonder was he afraid, did he suffer, did someone drug him and put his body and car in one of the lakes around Saginaw. There are things I won't post that family and friends know that leads us to believe he was killed. The police have stated to family and on the news that they believe he is dead. I thought I had imagined everything and someone recently told me that he might have been in his car when it was crushed. I told them not to feel bad to say that. We checked with salvage yards because his phone showed calls to salvage yards. He would NEVER have parted with his car. The police first told us salvage yards wouldn't take cars without titles (I had the title) but of course some will. One woman at a salvage yard told me if the car was disassembled and brought in on a truck, they'd take it no questions asked.

((((((HUGS)))))) Eric's Mom. I'm so sorry that you're having to give a moment's thought to any of these scenarios about your son.

Maybe the child had been asking about his or her Bio dad and the mother felt the child was mature enough to know. So then Mom calls up Dad, tells him he has a child and tells Dad the child wants to meet him.
According to Eric's former girlfriend, her husband and Eric the child was not told that Eric was her father until after Eric arrived in Saginaw.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I was going off in a tangent based on the below quote:

Re my bold: I wonder if this reason is big or little. The reason I'm wondering is bc you said so many years, so why all of a sudden surprise Eric like that after he's obviously missed so much? Unless, maybe she just found out & thought the right thing to do would be to tell him?[/QUOTE Eric's former girlfriend and her husband told family they knew the child was Eric's when she was 2 months pregnant. She and Eric had split up and she didn't tell Eric. Then when the child was 16 years old, she posted the dates of her children's births and Eric guessed one was his and she told him he was right.

I am going to read through your son's thread tomorrow and see if anything comes to mind to help find him.

I can't say that I know how you feel because no one knows how a parent possibly feels when their child is missing. When I was young I was a daredevil, had no fear, and my father used to tell me that he worried that I would get hurt or worse with my antics. He said something that always stuck with me even when I became a mom. He said that there was nothing more unnatural then losing a child before a parent's time has come and asked me not to make that happen because he couldn't deal with it. Not knowing what happened would even be far worse I would think.

In regards to his facebook.

There is a group Eric is a member of "Mamma slutter å røyke om 2200 melder seg inn innen 5 september 2011" It is Norwegian with the basic translation of Mama quit smoking 2200 members by Sept 5th, 2011, and was created August 11th, 2011 well after Eric disappeared.

To Eric's mom, Are you Norwegian and this is something he would join? Does Eric smoke or quit smoking before his disappearance?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/188034954596596/

In regards to his facebook.

There is a group Eric is a member of "Mamma slutter å røyke om 2200 melder seg inn innen 5 september 2011" It is Norwegian with the basic translation of Mama quit smoking 2200 members by Sept 5th, 2011, and was created August 11th, 2011 well after Eric disappeared.

To Eric's mom, Are you Norwegian and this is something he would join? Does Eric smoke or quit smoking before his disappearance?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/188034954596596/
Not only that, but if you find Eric in the group members and hover your mouse over "joined over a year ago", it says he joined:
Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Very weird.

His FB page also joined the "It's all about Love" group on:

Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Going to check the others

ETA:
Missing Sme1(Who Is Very Special In Ur life) Group, his FB page joined on:

Thursday July 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM

ETA:
Limited Edition Manila GROUP, his FB joined on:

Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Status