MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of anything going on for Eric Franks? I thought they were going to do a dog search??

Bump

Eric really enjoyed creative, artistic photos of himself. His FB had a bunch.

I am currently reading page 13, so forgive me if this has been asked already. Has the family made a request to Facebook or the email provider to gain access to his accounts? Perhaps there is something to be found in them via private messaging etc.

thank you in advance for your reply.

No, this is not correct. As of June 2009, Americans need a passport to travel to Canada by air, land or sea:

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm

This has been checked - he did not have a passport.

Sorry to burst any bubbles here - but you do not need a passport to ENTER Canada, only to return.

I live on another border to Canada (also in MI) and I can tell you for certain that you CAN come back with a DL only, though they may take their own sweet time letting you enter. Until just recently, I did not have a passport and did enter Canada via the bridge with out much fuss. You see, as a United States Citizen, they cannot refuse you entry into your country of origin without a VERY good reason.

So...my four cents.

Hello Sleuths, I am new here so please forgive if this is not an appropriate post.

I've found a possible match with this case: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9826
There is a resemblance to EF. Height weight are undetermined on U IM.

I'm searching through the database and looking for any possible matches.

Did I see here someplace that EF had dentures? I could not find that information entered into NamUs.

Thank you in advance for the information.

Never hurts to compare, only thing is that UID is hispanc/latino....also said poss. related to other partial remains found in 2009

I saw that longtall, but they do not know for a certainty that the items found (I didn't see that they described "remains") are related; only that they were found nearby earlier.

Thanks for the reply.

*edited to say that I double checked and you are correct, there were other remains discovered in 2009 that may be related. I wonder why they didn't conduct tests to include or disprove the relationship? Odd.

I posted flyers a while ago for Eric's family, in Buena Vista, rest areas, homeless shelters and areas of Flint along with a few areas that we were guided to. The cops didn't know we did this and that night the media showed up and kind of caught them off guard on the news. It didn't seem to spur them into action.

I thought the family went to speak with detectives after that but can't recall the outcome. I think they posted it on here.

Missing in Michigan was this past Sunday in East Lansing. I was going up with a friend for a few other people and remembered I had extra flyers. I put them on tables and I gave them to State Police who works the west side of the state on Jessica Heeringa but said he would check and see if he was in the proper databases. I spoke with the FBI, gave him a few flyers and he mentioned I could contact Buena Vista Police mentioned on the flyer. Well, I went out on a rope and said I didn't think there had been much help there, no evidence of foul play found yet. So I dropped a few "lugs" (true as far as I can tell) in hopes to get his attention more, like across state lines. I mentioned the movie database he was listed in and that I had found a couple of other missing/dead people listed in it as well. I mentioned web cam deal, his scorned woman in Ohio who I think managed her. She posted pictures when his family reported him missing of her crying until January of that year. Then, she was bent over in a rear end pose, with her flipping the bird behind her and a heart photoshopped on her rear. Above her....the same picture that was on Eric's homepage above the lamp. So since no new changes, I put it out there. I so wonder where he was when that was taken.

Scorned woman/wifey has a google photo account. It did seem that Eric's last post was fake to me, grab your ankles and kiss it goodbye. Especially after not posting for a while. Then the fake twitter accounts trying to make it looked like he went to California. The hinky meter alarm is on. I share my observations about this trying to get his interest. So I am asking if he could please check to see if he was in the proper databases? He said he would and took a couple of flyers. I do think he will do that.

I also found out someone else had posted flyers for him on a few tables. I asked who but couldn't find the 2 women who were there. Just wanted to introduce myself if it was family as I had a bit of contact with them earlier.

I sense fear on the part of the people who left and Eric's family. His daughter's maternal grandfather was a cop in the area. Grandpa may of told his daughter to get of out town it's too dangerous.

I don't know what is going on but his name is still out there, kind of.....I am at a loss of what to do to help him.

What has happened with this case? I thought we had some momentum going (say, a year ago?). Eric is out there somewhere, and his family deserves an answer!!

BUMP!!

I believe that I may have seen Eric Lee Franks on Monday in East Lansing, MI. I called the BVPD and left a message on the detective's voice mail but it is now Friday and no one has called me back. I also tried to message the Admin for the Find Eric Franks Facebook page but I don't know if they will see it since we are not Facebook friends. I decided to post here in the hopes that someone in the family can be reached so that I can give them this information directly.

I haven't received a response here or on the two Facebook pages I messaged. Anyone have any suggestions about how to reach the family? I'm afraid as the days go on my tip will be less and less helpful :( It has now been 7 days.

BUMP - mods, weren't some verified members of Eric's family posting here?

The detective finally called me back today and I gave him the info. He said the State of MI is taking over the case and he would pass my tip along to the detective now on the case. He did say that the family was no longer cooperating with the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3