MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Olympic Gymnast McKayla Maroney Says Dr. Larry Nassar Molested Her
by Tracy Connor

Olympic gold-medal gymnast McKayla Maroney said Wednesday that she was molested by Dr. Larry Nassar, who is accused of sexually assaulting more than 100 patients under the guise of medical treatments.

Maroney, a member of the Fierce Five squad that competed in the 2012 games, said she was inspired to go public by women posting accounts of harassment and abuse under the hashtag #metoo in response to the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

"Everyone's words over the past few days have been so inspiring to me. I know how hard it is to speak publicly about something so horrible, and so personal, because it's happened to me too," Maroney wrote on her verified Twitter account...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ney-says-dr-larry-nassar-molested-her-n811766

This is absolutely sickening. I'm just beyond heartbroken and pissed for the girls that had to endure and continue to endure this nightmare. Life in prison is too good for these monsters.

It is sickening. These girls were athletes that we held up as America's darlings....while they were being molested. It's sick not only what was done to them physically, but also emotionally. Twisted system.

This isn't to say they are not America's darlings. Their feats are admirable! I refer rather, to the hypocracy they had to face at an impressionable and vulnerable age - to hear they are "darlings" by the public and then to be abused by people closest to them in private. Sick.

jmo

Nassar seeks change of venue for sex assault trial

Attorneys representing the former Michigan State University sports doctor accused of sexually assaulting young athletes are seeking a change of venue in Larry Nassar’s upcoming trial due to intense, worldwide pretrial publicity, according to documents filed Friday in Ingham County Circuit Court.

The documents say that since Nassar was arrested and charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct a year ago, media coverage has been unprecedented.

In local media, nearly 200 stories have been published about Nassar’s alleged criminal conduct and the case has been featured in national publications ranging from Cosmopolitan to Sports Illustrated and TV programs such as ABC’s “World News Tonight.”

Meanwhile, comments on media stories and in social media have often presumed Nassar’s guilt, compounding concerns about seating an impartial jury, according to the documents...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne.../larry-nassar-venue-change-request/106850566/

Dr. Larry Nassar's attorney files change of venue request
Attorney wants to move case out of Michigan

INGHAM COUNTY, Mich. - The attorney for Dr. Larry Nassar*is claiming that the doctor will not get a fair trial in Michigan.

Nassar's case has garnered a large amount of media attention and buzz online. The former Michigan State University and U.S. Olympic doctor has plead guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges, and multiple sexual assault cases are currently*playing out in Ingham County.

More than 100 women are suing Nassar. Many of the women claim they were assaulted by him while training for gymnastics...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...quest-in-attempt-to-move-case-out-of-michigan

Dr. Larry Nassar's attorney files change of venue request
Attorney wants to move case out of Michigan

INGHAM COUNTY, Mich. - The attorney for Dr. Larry Nassar*is claiming that the doctor will not get a fair trial in Michigan.

Nassar's case has garnered a large amount of media attention and buzz online. The former Michigan State University and U.S. Olympic doctor has plead guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges, and multiple sexual assault cases are currently*playing out in Ingham County.

More than 100 women are suing Nassar. Many of the women claim they were assaulted by him while training for gymnastics...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...quest-in-attempt-to-move-case-out-of-michigan

:tantrum: 100 women!!! How is this not a headline?!? Oh wait, I know, because women being raped by men in power is old news and yet another example of their nagging behavior and too sensitive feelings. <sarcasm> UGH.

Here is the scary thing with this case...... there actually are legitimate intravaginal osteopathic techniques to treat the pelvis. With the right lawyer, this man could get away with this IMO.

Here is the scary thing with this case...... there actually are legitimate intravaginal osteopathic techniques to treat the pelvis. With the right lawyer, this man could get away with this IMO.

What? Really?

Oh geez....

jmo

What? Really?

Oh geez....

jmo

Yes definitely. Intra-anal techniques as well. Although, this man apparently did not wear gloves, or gain consent before he applied the technique (read: molested them!)..... but I would think that could be argued more of a medico-ethical violation rather than criminal. Also, the age of his victims could come into play as well.

I just don't think this is going to be a slam dunk case. His lawyers will definitely have a defense to work with. Scary.

Yes definitely. Intra-anal techniques as well. Although, this man apparently did not wear gloves, or gain consent before he applied the technique (read: molested them!)..... but I would think that could be argued more of a medico-ethical violation rather than criminal. Also, the age of his victims could come into play as well.

I just don't think this is going to be a slam dunk case. His lawyers will definitely have a defense to work with. Scary.

I think you're right. Yes, scary.

Is it standard procedure to have a nurse present during these treatments? In that case, the absence of a nurse would indicate he wasn't following legit treatments.

jmo

There is no way I would allow that as a parent. I feel like I live in a bad dream lately. Someone make it end!

I think you're right. Yes, scary.

Is it standard procedure to have a nurse present during these treatments? In that case, the absence of a nurse would indicate he wasn't following legit treatments.

jmo

I would think it would depend on state regulations if there has to be a 3rd party present. Maybe for minors, not sure. But i don't think so. In some Canadian provinces even Massage Therapists learn some of these techniques.

There is no way I would allow that as a parent. I feel like I live in a bad dream lately. Someone make it end!

I wonder how much the parents were involved. Were all these girls living and training away from home? My understanding is young athletes from all over the country live and train with the national team in Michigan??

I wonder how much the parents were involved. Were all these girls living and training away from home? My understanding is young athletes from all over the country live and train with the national team in Michigan??

I'll have to look back through the thread to find it, but one of the early reports suggested that a mother was actually in the treatment room with her daughter during the "massages".

ETA: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...7/03/21/msu-nassar-doctor-sex-abuse/99479032/

...The report said Denhollander had five osteopathic massage appointments with Nassar in 2000 for pain in her back and wrists. She said her mother was in the room with her for all of the appointments.

Nassar then told her “I need to rotate your hips” and asked her to stand up. He did not ask permission of her or her mom, the report said, to start osteopathic massage and “did not explain what he was about to do.” She was wearing loose athletic shorts and underwear when “Nassar knelt to her left side as she was standing and put his left hand on her leg and with his right hand, through the inside part of (her) shorts, with his palm on her back side, inserted two fingers into her vagina and rotated her hips.”

This action continued during subsequent visits, the report said. During one of them, he got an erection and massaged her breasts, the report said. Denhollander said Nassar “conducted a full evaluation of her back and wrists” and told her “certain muscles weren’t firing properly, she had some vertebrae issues, her hips were out of alignment, and there were several other issues.” ...

I'll have to look back through the thread to find it, but one of the early reports suggested that a mother was actually in the treatment room with her daughter during the "massages".

ETA: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...7/03/21/msu-nassar-doctor-sex-abuse/99479032/

...The report said Denhollander had five osteopathic massage appointments with Nassar in 2000 for pain in her back and wrists. She said her mother was in the room with her for all of the appointments.

Nassar then told her &#8220;I need to rotate your hips&#8221; and asked her to stand up. He did not ask permission of her or her mom, the report said, to start osteopathic massage and &#8220;did not explain what he was about to do.&#8221; She was wearing loose athletic shorts and underwear when &#8220;Nassar knelt to her left side as she was standing and put his left hand on her leg and with his right hand, through the inside part of (her) shorts, with his palm on her back side, inserted two fingers into her vagina and rotated her hips.&#8221;

This action continued during subsequent visits, the report said. During one of them, he got an erection and massaged her breasts, the report said. Denhollander said Nassar &#8220;conducted a full evaluation of her back and wrists&#8221; and told her &#8220;certain muscles weren&#8217;t firing properly, she had some vertebrae issues, her hips were out of alignment, and there were several other issues.&#8221; ...

OMG. Oh hell no. If I thought that was happening (not sure if this mom knew?) I would I would have tackled him, kicked him in the balls...grabbed her...and got somewhere safe. I'm am beyond disgusted that it has been written into "massage" or "therapy" to sexually assault a minor. I shouldn't be surprised but dammit, I am. I'm sick to my stomach.

OMG. Oh hell no. If I thought that was happening (not sure if this mom knew?) I would I would have tackled him, kicked him in the balls...grabbed her...and got somewhere safe. I'm am beyond disgusted that it has been written into "massage" or "therapy" to sexually assault a minor. I shouldn't be surprised but dammit, I am. I'm sick to my stomach.

Well I don't think it has been "written into" therapy procedures to sexual assault anyone. But there is a right way to go about applying these techniques and this Nassar creep clearly did not go about it the right way. In fact, it appears he was using these techniques as a ruse in order to molest young girls. These are techniques that IMO should not be performed on minors period. They should be only used in situations were consent is clearly given and there has already been a relationship of trust built between client-practitioner.

In my experience there are very few manual therapy practitioners who use these techniques, although many have learned them. They can be very effective, but there are other less intrusive ways to achieve the desired result.

This man should go to prison. I hope he does.

Rebalancing and treating the Pelvic Floor with intravaginal techniques

Accessing, assessing and rebalancing the pelvic floor (part of the pelvic &#8220;bowl&#8221;) through the vagina is safe and powerful when done by a professional physical therapist. It may be described as a &#8220;vaginal massage&#8221; or &#8220;intravaginal myofascial technique&#8221;...

http://wildfoxosteopathy.com/?p=488

wonder how many of his victims have their entire medical record???

Hope those phrases are absent...

Very scary.
Forgive me if I've missed it, but I wonder, will the child *advertiser censored* found on his computer come into play here? Can it be used as evidence?
Probably to soon to tell I'm sure.
I hope his lawyers don't have it omitted/tossed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back