GUILTY MI - Jamar Pinkney, 15, shot to death, Highland Park, 16 Nov 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All I can say.............There, but for the grace of God, go I.

If the sexual predator that assaulted my son was still in the house when everything was disclosed............ I could have EASILY done the same thing.

I am guessing the 3 year old was his daughter?

You could easily kill your own child?

You could easily kill your own child?

I don't think the boy was his biological son, I think the girl was.

Legally the perp in my situation was my child and I did love him very much. He was my legal son for only 6 months. However, that love didn't equal the love I have for the son I raised from birth. Yes, I could and probably would have killed him, with my bare hands, if he had been here when I heard it all. Something inside of you just breaks, snaps. I can't explain it, other than to say I can empathize.

I don't think the boy was his biological son, I think the girl was.

Legally the perp in my situation was my child and I did love him very much. He was my legal son for only 6 months. However, that love didn't equal the love I have for the son I raised from birth. Yes, I could and probably would have killed him, with my bare hands, if he had been here when I heard it all. Something inside of you just breaks, snaps. I can't explain it, other than to say I can empathize.

I was under the impression that

1. the son was mother and murderers.
2. child that was abused, either mom and new guys or dad and new womans, as was his half sibiling.

And obviously, the child had a conscience, if he told his mother about it.

I wonder if the bio-dad was also a molester--maybe he had molested the boy at some time and didn't want anyone to find out, as they might if the kid went to therapy?

Or maybe bio-dad was molested himself.

I don't know what happened here, but I'm willing to bet there is much more to this story. I'm finding it odd that dad is the bio-dad of the son and the daughter, mom appears to be the bio-mom for the son and yet takes care of the daughter.

Seems the son and daughter would have to have different mothers, right?

I don't know.....

Salem

My take on it is that the son lives with his mom, and told her what he did when he was at his dad's house. I think the mom said she called the dad to tell him what had happened while the boy was visiting the dad. The reason I think this, is that I think they used a different town name for where the dad lived. Then the dad showed up at mom's house, grabbed the kid up and killed him. Disgusting.

This is heartbreaking. Every time I start to post a thought I delete it. I just don't know what to say except I'm so sorry for this young man and his mother. He wanted and asked for help and he ends up being murdered, execution style no less, by his own father.

I was disappointed when the article read that this "man" could receive UP to life in prison. I think this warrants the death penalty.

Wow............it sounds like the 15 yr. old laid on top of the three yr old and felt guilty about it, knowing it was wrong. He told his mother. Sexual curiosity run amok that resulted in guilt and disgust with himself? I don't know but it was unexcusable for his father to kill him. And from the sound of it--an overreaction to the situation even if he had not killed him ....if that makes sense.

Wow............it sounds like the 15 yr. old laid on top of the three yr old and felt guilty about it, knowing it was wrong. He told his mother. Sexual curiosity run amok that resulted in guilt and disgust with himself? I don't know but it was inexcusable for his father to kill him. And from the sound of it--an overreaction to the situation even if he had not killed him ....if that makes sense.

My personal opinion...there is a vast amount we don't know.

What the 15 year old admitted to, in all likelihood, was just the tip of the ice berg.

What the 15 year old admitted to, in all likelihood, was just the tip of the ice berg.

You could be right. I'm just going on the article. It is just a sad sad case all around. I detest child molestation.....I just got a different feeling from this....no excuse to do what he did though....

It's possible it was just the tip of the iceberg, but still--he obviously knew he did something wrong and needed help. The physical exam of the little girl showed no evidence of penetration, so at least it didn't go that far . However, I'm not making qualifications and drawing any lines---ANY kind of sexual molestation is devastating.

I think the tip of the iceberg is more about the father and what kind of person he is, and what kind of relationships he had, especially with his son.

This is not a "normal" reaction, to execute your son. This is not a normal father or man we are talking about here!!

As to the sexual abuse, much of it won't show on a physical exam anyway. Especially the early "stages".

I saw the Father's attorney's interviewed on CNN today. Wish I could find a link, looked but it was not up on the website. I felt physically ill when I listened to the circumstances of this case and the way the Attorney's defended this Father's actions. Honestly, after Shaniyah's brutal death and now this young man ... Is the world going crazy??!!

Whoa!! The story you linked if very incomplete. The story omits the part where the father found out 15 year old son sexually abused his 3 year old half-sister.

Responses should be interesting considering that "Death" is the #1 Websleuth poll answer when asked what penalty should pedophiles receive.

I'm one of those who thinks pedophiles should be able to get the death penalty. But this was a teenage boy who was probably going through some biological changes both hormonal and mental that may have caused him to make a bad rush decision. Perhaps he wasn't a pedophile but just got caught up in a situation he didn't thoroughly think through and then felt devastated about it. I'm not defending his actions, I think it was wrong. But I also know that sometimes teenagers do things that are wrong and we rush to put adult labels on them. He didn't kill the child, he didn't obviously injure her, he didn't deserve to die without dignity at the hands of his own father. The father was an adult and while it would be understandable to be devastated finding out what happened, he did not know the whole story either and he had a responsibility to both of his children to have handled himself in a controlled manner. He should have gotten both of them help. What he did is inexcusable. You love your children and stand behind them no matter what they do.

Where are people getting this idea that the boy went to his mother and asked for help? Anyone have a link? I know the reports say he "confessed" to the act(s) but I don't see anything indicating that discussion of the issue was voluntary. Perhaps his victim had begun to act out and his mother (or someone else) noticed it and asked the brother about it because he had access to the girl.

ETA: Forget it. I found the statement that the boy came forward.

And obviously, the child had a conscience, if he told his mother about it.

I wonder if the bio-dad was also a molester--maybe he had molested the boy at some time and didn't want anyone to find out, as they might if the kid went to therapy?

All the psychologists on HLN earlier tonight had the same thought. Maybe this was to shut him up. Everyone agreed that this was not something he couldn't have controlled.(Dad)

Attorneys say Detroit father 'not in control of himself' when he killed son

The attorneys for a man accused of shooting his son to death after the boy admitted to inappropriate physical conduct with a relative said they will argue that their client was so upset by the revelation he is not to blame for his actions.

"There is no sane reaction to the rape of a child," Corbett Edge O'Meara said on CNN's "Headline News" on Friday evening.

Jamar Pinkney Sr., 37, of Detroit, is charged with murder, felonious assault and felony firearm in the Monday death of his son Jamar Jr., 15. The elder Pinkney is jailed without bond pending a Dec. 1 preliminary hearing in 30th District Court in Highland Park.

Police said there is no report of Jamar Jr. raping or assaulting anyone. Family members said the relative was seen by a doctor on Sunday who said there had been no sexual assault.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...not-in-control-of-himself--when-he-killed-son

Mom just wanted dad to help her with son
Father is accused of killing teen instead
Lazette Cherry wanted only to help her son, Jamar Pinkney Jr., when she called his father, and shared some of the most disturbing news she ever had heard.

Jamar, 15, had confessed to her that he had inappropriate contact with his 3-year-old half-sister in his father's home on Newport on Detroit's east side.

"I called and told his father this isn't something you sweep under the rug," Cherry said Wednesday.

Jamar Pinkney Sr. showed up at Cherry's house in Highland Park on Monday afternoon with a gun, she said.

"He started beating him right here," Cherry said from her living room. "I said, 'No, please stop!' "But the father marched Jamar, a sophomore at King High School, outside.
http://www.freep.com/article/20091119/NEWS02/911190378/?imw=Y

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back