GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well... these investigative subpoenas sure seem aimed at Bobb don't they? surprise surprise

<10 Part Video of Local 4 special <---link here for those that missed it.

In this special, the Defenders run down the timeline of known events in the investigation. They take a closer look at Bob and Jane and speak to people who know them best.

Here we provide the special broken into 10 parts.

moving along here to Pt. 7 ~ Interview with Tom Berry, Retired Detroit Police Detective
TB believes LE is waiting for lab results to come back but, in the meantime, a person named 'Cathy' has come forward as a witness to give credence to Joe Gentz's claim of having been hired by bb to kill Jane. Add to that, LE has collected other evidence, such as the surveillance tape from McDonalds showing JG was there at the time he says he was after he dropped the SUV containing Jane's body. These things begin to solidify Joe's confession.
TB goes on to explain that there are people who, for some reason, like to confess to crimes - it's a sickness they have - so the police can't simply take a confession at face value. The confession itself is not enough.

The reporter asks TB if he thinks the components of bb's other life are a factor or just interesting - TB believes that these are significant factors as they may point to a motive. He doesn't think the 'open marriage' claim is commonly acceptable even if BB is saying that's what he had.

Who is the gun to JG's head person? It's likely that it is Bob Bashara.

According to Tom Berry, Wayne County does not like to bring charges on conspiracy theories. They will more than likely charge Joe alone and then set up a plea deal to use his testimony toward the second person.

Whoa! So Cathy backs up the hire/murder plot.

Wow!

Gosh, I feel sorry for those kids. They believed their dad. :(

Poor Jane. She had no idea she was doomed.

Such a sad, sad, case.

JMHO
fran

This sounds kind of arrogant and dismissive: "Wayne County does not like to bring charges on conspiracy theories."

Since when is murder for hire a tin foil hat "conspiracy theory"?

-----

eta

Just watched the video and the comment doesn't come across in a negative way when he's saying it, like it seems to when interpreted in print.

I wonder Tracy if they mean they just need some concrete evidence to back theories up. We likely aren't privy to how many people confess to crimes they haven't committed.

I feel for the children too. It appears they believed the facade their Dad presented not only to them but the Community. I cant imagine what they are going thru. I wonder what else is out there about bob. Perhaps there are others in the Community who didn't view him as a Pillar and perhaps to afraid to speak out. Just wondering.

I wonder Tracy if they mean they just need some concrete evidence to back theories up. We likely aren't privy to how many people confess to crimes they haven't committed.

Yep, I think he means "conspiracy" as in more than one person working together to commit a crime, rather than the way I first interpreted the comment, where I though he was alluding to something like the popular but far fetched/paranoia type government coverup conspiracies.

Yep, I think he means "conspiracy" as in more than one person working together to commit a crime, rather than the way I first interpreted the comment, where I though he was alluding to something like the popular but far fetched/paranoia type government coverup conspiracies.

Gotcha :seeya:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tion/-/1719314/8869010/-/y003x1z/-/index.html

Bashara defense builds own investigation

Bob Bashara's attorney David Griem says Joe Gentz is not his team's focus

--video @ link.

--griem says they have a POI and perhaps another "partner in crime" ( neither of which are joe.)

--these names will be released once their private investigation is complete.

Who is to believe anything that spews out of the mouth of the Griem Reaper? :sick:

WOW just WOW if Gents isn't the focus which in my opinion would who I would go after if i was Defense. He could easily be destroyed on the stand and made totally culpable. Based on info thus far. The fact that Griems doesn't even want to touch Gentz is absolutely huge. IMO

I don't know, Bravo. So odd that they are focusing on someone else. Especially since Grime was sooooo focused on JG from the get go.
Are they turning to blame it on RG?
Are they doing this to try and put a doubt in the Jury's mind if bb is finally charged as we all suspect him to be?
HTH is bb paying for all these fees if he wasn't doing so well financially!?! Momma coming to his aid?
I am not following the trail Grime and bb are going down. Just looking to focus the blame on anyone but bb? :waitasec:

And another thing, does either bb or Grime own a pair of scissors or have a Barber? :innocent:

Griem is a total blowhard. This is all just diversion.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. This defense attorney, is making a mockery of our LE. This is wayyy to crazy! Yeah, he ANNOUNCES in the media he's looking at someone else and won't say who? :confused:

Gim' me a break!:eek:

:rolleyes:
fran

Bob Bashara's lawyer: We're investigating a new suspect :websleuther:

"If they believed Gentz took part, there's absolutely no way they'd let him out on the street," he said. "I really believe if he were a target they never would have released him."

Griem said his investigators, including a retired FBI agent, have been "beating the bushes and we've come up with at least one person of interest -- a brand-new person."

He would not identify or characterize the person his team is looking at, but did say "we believe this person was not acting alone."

He said his team is waiting until it gathers "concrete evidence" before releasing details for fear the person might flee.:sleuth:

full article at link ..........http://www.freep.com/article/201202...-investigating-a-new-suspect?odyssey=nav|head

give me a break... I mean really! (re: Big Bobb's private investigation)

This is starting to resemble the Anthony spin from Baez.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...ed-at-saint-clair-shores-property-20120222-ms
Bob Bashara Has Used Cadillac Parked at St. Clair Shores Property

Bashara does have an old Cadillac last registered in 2008 parked at an old property of his in Saint Clair Shores, but David Griem, his attorney, said that proves nothing.

"It's my understanding that Joe Gentz saw that Cadillac for sale some time ago and inquired about purchasing that car, but didn't have the funds to do so," he explained.

--so he asked big bobb if there was something he could for him to get the car, mow the lawn? kill your wife?

We asked Griem whether Bashara was in a relationship with Rachel and seeking someone else to have a relationship with as well.

"I don't know what people do on the internet," he responded.

"I don't think the issues that have developed from those internet conversations have anything to do whatsoever with this case," he told us.

--actually mr.griem---it would go under "motive".

Welcome to Big Bob's - New Home of the "Whopper"!

"Fresh Spin Served Daily!
"

picture.php

http://www.dailytribune.com/article...4f45b17dee4b1705707210.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Bashara defense says new person of interest in murder case

When Griem was retained to represent Bob Bashara, he brought on board a retired FBI agent to assist the defense. Due to the volume of material they amassed, the team took on another investigator.

“Our marching orders to them were let’s find out what happened, who murdered Jane, and let the chips fall where they may,” Griem said.

“We will see where the work of our two investigators takes us,” he said. “We hope it will be right up to the doorstep of the real killer.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen