GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. I feel sorry for JG. He was obviously manipulated. I suspect he would have never done such a thing were it not for being taken advantage of. I think in some ways he has shown himself to be rather a stand-up guy. Not excusing what he did. I just don't think he would have ever hurt a fly until BB got a hold of him. Although, I feel more sorry for Jane.

Feel for Jane for sure :rose:

I got busy with something in the kitchen and forgot to post an update following the 4:00 news. Gentz's attorney talked about how afraid and anxious he is about what might happen to him. Lawyer Susan Reed requested a competency test that was granted by the Judge. Gentz will remain in custody; no bond set. Next court appearance on March 16. Continued speculation about who else will be named in the "conspiracy" case.

Just watched 5:00 report and heard nothing different or new.

not to be debbie downer... but we have been waiting going on a few years now for EK to be charged in the Patricia Kimmi case.... Hopefully things will come together here quickly or at least with a bunch more speed than Pat's case has been experiencing.

eta: the patricia kimmi case has the m4h aspect with the hired gun being convicted first

Reed also said no plea deals have been discussed with her by prosecutors.

Standard statement.

I realize she just got the case but I seriously doubt there hasn't been some discussion already. And I'd venture to say even lengthy discussion.

Vinnie Politan reporting on the Bashara case on HLN now. I had shut down the computer to cook dinner and couldn't get here when the report began. Sorry.

Per reporter from the Detroit News: Unmarked police car following BB all day today. :)

Per reporter from the Detroit News: Unmarked police car following BB all day today. :)

Big Bob's mother was with him; how sweet :rolleyes: I hope BB's passport was confiscated when he became a POI.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/key-hearing-likely-in-bashara-murder-probe-20120305
Joe Gentz Charged in Bashara Murder Probe

Gentz was ordered held without bond. It remains to be seen if and when Bob Bashara will be charged.

"Completely in the hands of the police and prosecutor's office as to whether they bring charges or not. I hope based upon the evidence or the lack of evidence that charges are not brought," said Griem.

He also told us the obvious tragedy in all of this continues to be the tremendous loss to the Bashara children. He said he met with the daughter on Sunday and that over the weekend their family pet, a poodle, passed away, but she said it was so insignificant considering the loss of her mother.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...out-after-charges-in-bashara-case-20120305-ms

Joe Gentz's Brother Speaks Out after Charges in Bashara Case

He said his brother came to him a few months ago, told him he was offered a job to become the Bashara handyman and that he was looking forward to it. He thought it was going to be great for his life and a chance get regain custody of his daughter.

His brother said he didn't know if it was a good idea. Now, months later, Gentz is facing murder charges, and his brother feels he is not the only one to blame.

He said he wished Bashara would've been a positive influence on his brother, who suffered a stroke as a baby that left him mentally challenged.

Snipped from lauriej's link. I don't know if this has previously been noted. It does explain, I think, the level and cause of his mental challenges. This man was used.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...e-bashara-speaks-to-action-news#ixzz1oJm8PenK

The brother of the handyman accused in the murder of Jane Bashara speaks to Action News

--video @ link

“I believe the story is true. I think he went over there to move some stuff and things went bad,” Joe’s brother said.

But Bob Bashara’s attorney, David Griem, says his client is innocent and that law enforcement is releasing information that makes Bashara appear guilty.

“The news that has been funneled to the media has all been negative toward Bob Bashara,” Griem said.
And as far as a co-conspirator, Griem tells Action News his client is innocent.

“We could speculate. For example, there could be somebody who assisted Joe Gentz and now is testifying against Joe Gentz,” Griem said.

---umm. yes we could griem---we'd sound like lunatics but...

With Joseph Gentz now sitting in jail in the murder case of marketing executive Jane Bashara, attention is focusing on whether someone else will soon join him.

Gentz, 48, was arraigned Monday on first-degree murder and conspiracy charges in the death of Bashara, 56, of Grosse Pointe Park.

Law experts and attorneys in the case say the conspiracy charge indicates that more than one person was involved, but it doesn't necessarily mean that another person will be charged.

Bob Bashara, named by police as a person of interest in the case, hasn't been charged and has vehemently denied involvement in his wife's death.
http://www.freep.com/article/201203...man-suggests-others-involved?odyssey=nav|head

I wonder what the hold up is in charging BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop