GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.freep.com/article/201203...ted-again?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

Joseph Gentz -- suspect in slaying of Jane Bashara -- arrested again

Virogna also was the one to initially bring Gentz to the Grosse Pointe Police Department to turn himself in after the slaying. He said Gentz had approached him and asked him to participate in the killing, but he said no.

He said he knew the whole story, and Gentz was offered more than $2,000 to commit the crime, but Virogna said he couldn't tell the story yet.

Griem said he’s not sure what the arrest means for his client.

“I don’t have a crystal ball," he said. “I just don’t know. Most of what I know has come from police leaks through the media. All along, this case has been handled differently than any other case I’ve had. ”

“We’re in a reactive position,” he said. “All we can do is react to the news we get. What’s next is not under our control.”
Griem said he has not been in contact with the authorities, but he said that he’s been assured he will be notified if a warrant is issued so that Bashara will have the opportunity to turn himself in

Gentz was to appear for a child custody case. His court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, said she knew only that Gentz had been arrested.

"I don't know what the charges are," she said. "I haven't seen the warrant."

Reed said she was in contact earlier today with Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsay about the pending arrest.

Steve Virogna, 54, of Warren drove Gentz to the Macomb County Circuit Courthouse today. Virogna said he got a call to bring Gentz to the Eastpointe police station, but Gentz knew his attorney was at the Macomb courthouse for the visitation hearing and asked Virogna to take him there.

After they entered the building and Gentz rushed to see his attorney, he was arrested, Virogna said.

Virogna also was the one to initially bring Gentz to the Grosse Pointe Police Department to turn himself in after the slaying. He said Gentz had approached him and asked him to participate in the killing, but he said no
http://www.freep.com/article/201203...-again?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

more "soprano-like" details at the link

Wayne County does weekend arraignments.

I guess Joe doesn't need a family law attorney anymore.

It concerns me that only Gentz was arrested. Wouldn't they normally arrest them both at the same time? Does anyone else feel this lessens the chance of Bashara being arrested?

Well, Local 4 just had a brief breaking news that JG was arrested in connection JB's murder. They were not sure on the charges yet, so maybe 4:00 or this evening's news may have more info. Nothing on bb yet.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Joe-Gentz-arrested-in-connection-with-Bashara-murder/-/1719314/9209322/-/b063q2z/-/index.html

In an interview with the Local 4 Defenders, Bob Bashara maintained his innocence and said he had nothing to do with his wife's death.

"I talked with moments ago and he feels a profound sense of relief. Not so much for himself, but especially for his children, knowing Joe Gentz is off the street," said David Griem, Bob Bashara's attorney. :waitasec:

It concerns me that only Gentz was arrested. Wouldn't they normally arrest them both at the same time? Does anyone else feel this lessens the chance of Bashara being arrested?

I was wondering that too!! I was hoping today would be the day for bb and he was the one going to Dickerson along with JG!! Each day that bb isn't charged is so damn annoying. I sure hope that happens soon!!!!
I read JG will be under protective custody and in a cell by himself. I wondered while he was in there if he was going to be talking about what happened to anyone if he had the chance.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/03/jane_bashara_murder_joe_gentz.html
Jane Bashara murder: Joe Gentz arrested for death of Grosse Pointe Park mother (updated)

Gentz moved from Maryland to Michigan in the mid to late 1990s after separating from then-wife, Lorri, said Doris Barth, his former mother-in-law.

Barth said Gentz served in the Merchant Marines and later worked with her at an asphalt company, where he often had to be "led by the hand" to perform even the most mundane tasks.

"Every day he was told to do the same thing over and over again," Barth said. "They had to tell him to shovel the asphalt, shovel it quickly.

"I'm shocked, totally shocked. I find it very hard to believe that he would be involved in all this."

If the neighbor eyewitness saw Bob pulling his SUV out of the driveway and Joe driving the Mercedes SUV out of the garage, what else does LE need in addition to all they have so far before Bob will be arrested?

Grime said that Joe did it for money? If he had access to Jane's jewelry, wallet, credit cards, etc. why wouldn't he have taken them at the time?

It's too bad that JG didn't go to the police before all this happened and told them about the plot for murder!! They could of saved JB life and set bb up for Murder. I know JG was a bit disabled but it sure would of been a lot easier to nail bb for trying to hire a hitman and a life would of been saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop