GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Bashara files new court documents following ppo from ex-mistress Rachel Gillett

Bashara won't contest ppo

Posted: 5:22 PM
Last Updated: 3 minutes ago

By: Michael Rosenfield

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

clip1a.jpg

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Almost two weeks after being served with a personal protection order by his one-time mistress Rachel Gillett, Bob Bashara has now responded to the ppo with new court filings Wednesday afternoon.

Bashara’s attorney, David Griem, argues there was no reason for Gillett to file a ppo in the first place, but Bashara is not contesting it nonetheless.

Griem calls Gilett’s ppo a 'self-serving document' and 'replete with rhetoric', and the one allegation of physical conduct by Bashara is when he allegedly showed up at her door and pounded on it. Griem says that's just trying to get someone's attention.

Gillett's attorney, Doraid Elder, tells Action News the response is "five pages of babble".

Griem challenges Gillett on several of her claims. For example, when Gillett found a cross made of palm fronds in her mailbox, Griem says Bashara had apparently done it for years and it never crossed his mind that it would come across as stalking.

Griem says Gillett has worked herself into a hysterical state, and there is no factual basis for a ppo.

Still Bashara is not asking for any modification to the ppo, in fact he says it is in the best interest of both parties.

Elder says Bashara is not contesting the ppo because he does not want to be subjected to cross-examination in a hearing.

clip2pv.jpg

----------

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...following-ppo-from-ex-mistress-rachel-gillett

---

Bob Bashara wants to 'set record straight' about PPO filed against him

Grosse Pointe Park man, attorney say they didn't know actions would be perceived as 'stalking'

Published On: May 09 2012 05:29:40 PM EDT

Bob-Bashara-42012-jpg.jpg

DETROIT - In a written response filed in Wayne County Circuit Court by his attorney, Bob Bashara said he wants to "set the record straight" regarding the personal protection order that was filed against him from his alleged ex-mistress.

Bashara said he doesn't want to "modify or set aside the PPO." He said it is in the "interests of both parities."

Bashara said he felt it was important to share his side because "silence is too easily misconstrued." ....

---------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ed-against-him/-/1719314/12999620/-/vq8jfb/-/

Like we believe anything he says anyway. But I don't believe anything she says either.
Anybody will say anything and do anything if they think it's in their best interest to do so.
As far as I'm concerned, she's a liar too. The reason I say this is because she could have been honest and said, I got caught up with a married man. In the beginning he told me he was getting a divorce. Then one, two, three, four and five years went by and he never did. Still, I hung in there. Then Jane was murdered but I never knew that could happen.

Now that would be believable. But for RG to say she didn't know BB was married while living in THAT same town with the Basharas level of community service, that was publicized in newspapers, hanging out in a bar where peeps knew BB was a married man because they probably lived there all of their lives like he did, etc. She's a liar too. Therefore, she could be an accessory for all I know. Afterall, she hung in with him all those years willing to be his subservient - there's a loose screw there too imo.

I wonder what LE found out from Oregon. That person, being a newcomer, is more than likely innocent in any of this - but what does she know?

Bob Bashara, a suspect in his wife's death, denies stalking accusations

7:17 PM, May 9, 2012

By Joe Swickard
Free Press Staff Writer

Bob Bashara denied in a court filing that he is stalking or menacing his former girlfriend, who sought a personal protection order against him two weeks ago.

However, the 5-page document filed by defense attorney David Griem on behalf of Bashara, a suspect in the January slaying of his wife Jane Bashara, does not ask for a hearing or a modification of the PPO obtained by Rachel Gillett, who shared an intimate friendship with him.

Griem wrote the “order is in the best interests of both parties,” but Bashara “feels an obligation to set the record straight” about the allegations in the PPO request. Bashara feared his continued silence “is too easily misconstrued,” the filing says.

“There is no factual basis for this PPO,” Griem wrote, adding that Bashara “chooses to take the high road and say no more.”

The filing comes a little more than 48 hours before Bashara is scheduled to appear on the “Dateline NBC” television program that often features true crime tales.

Gillett’s lawyer Doraid Elder dismissed the filing as “a five-page rant.”

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Elder said. “It’s a five-page waste of paper.”

...“I’m questioning if Mr. Griem did his client a disservice by not just letting it die,’ Elder said.

Griem, citing a family emergency, declined to comment on or discuss the filing.

----

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/201205...-his-wife-s-death-denies-stalking-accusations

WEDNESDAY, MAY 9, 2012

Detroit’s Local 4 News Filming of BDSM Club Irresponsible Journalism

By Sunny Megatron

secret-sex-club.jpg

DETROIT - I just learned Detroit’s Local 4 News planted someone at a local BDSM Dungeon party and will broadcast images of the guests captured on a hidden camera on tonight’s 11pm news. The angle of the story is something to the effect of “OMG! Are there really crazy sex parties in our quiet suburban neighborhoods!?” The story will also attempt to tie a local murder suspect’s involvement with S&M to his wife’s killing.

Although faces will be blurred, it is unclear whether other identifying marks like tattoos will be obscured (they were not blurred in the promos). It is also unclear if the name/location of the venue will be revealed.

This promotional segment on “Dungeons of Debautery” has already been airing all day. Note, the clip includes audio and clear below the neck views of some party goers. I am at odds with whether or not to link to this clip. I decided to go ahead because it’s important for us to see how this subject is being portrayed. My outrage didn’t fully kick in until I saw this video with my own two eyes: Detroit’s Dungeons of Debautery. The text below the video reads “Are there dungeons of debauchery in quiet, local communities? Wait until you see what Defender hidden cameras reveal!”

UPDATE: The promo clip that failed to properly obscure the identities of party goers has been removed from Channel 4’s website. The full story has aired and can be seen HERE. The undercover scenes are dramatically different from the promo and the focus of the story was changed, likely due to the public outcry spearheaded by the kinky community. The story was originally called “Dungeons of Debauchery” and is now “Bob Bashara’s Alternative Lifestyle.” The station also blurred out entire bodies instead of partial faces. Unfortunately, the station did name the venue.

---- snip ----

"If you are as outraged as I am, please take a moment to contact Detroit’s Local 4 Investigative reporters and let them know how you feel."

Local 4 Defenders Investigator Kevin Dietz
Defender Kevin Dietz
Follow: @kevindietzWDIV

Local 4 Defenders Investigator Karen Drew
Defender Karen Drew
Follow: @drewWDIV

Local 4 Defenders Investigator Marc Santia
Defender Marc Santia
Follow: @marcsantia

Hank Winchester
Follow: @winchesterWDIV

--------

Much more at the Source: http://www.chicagoden.net/2012/05/detroits-local-4-news-filming-of-bdsm.html

May 9, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Bashara's attorney responds to woman's request for protection

By Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News

Detroit— The attorney for Robert Bashara filed a response Wednesday to a protection order requested by his client's former girlfriend to "set the record straight" on her claims of stalking and harassment.

Bashara's attorney, David Griem, in the Wayne County Circuit Court filing called Rachel Gillett's personal protection order a "self-serving document" meant to re-create history between the pair, adding Bashara is not seeking to have the April 26 order modified or set aside.

"Considering the level of public scrutiny to which Respondent is being subjected, he feels an obligation to set the record straight when allegations of this kind (including police leaks of other alleged scandalous behavior) are leveled against him," Griem wrote in Thursday's reply...

------

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...ey-responds-to-woman-s-request-for-protection

More at the Source.

Behold! Blurry Video Of A Dark Room Where Bob Bashara Maybe Attended A Sexy Party

vfwkinkparty.jpg

Bob Bashara once possibly attended an adult fetish party at a Lincoln Park VFW hall where (presumably when S&M parties weren’t taking place) senior citizens sometimes play bingo. Won’t someone please think of the seniors!

WDIV hidden cameras go undercover to show you, well, they don’t show you much except blurry hidden camera footage from a dark room. Hank Winchester reports no actual sex takes place at these parties, so if the video was clearer we'd see what? Overfed, middle-aged people in weird costumes getting whipped? Let's be grateful the hidden camera footage sucked.

You know, Bob Bashara may have been involved in his wife Jane’s murder. But what does his gross sex life have to do with his guilt or innocence? Based on WDIV’s report, a lot of people go to S&M parties at VFW halls, but their spouses don’t turn up dead. -- JTW

Source: http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...where_bob_bashara_maybe_attended_a_sexy_party

P.S.

LOL ....... :maddening:

Not sure if this was last night .. or (more likely) will be tonight ... Pretty sure it will be on tonight!

Bob Bashara Like You've Never Heard Before

Published On: May 09 2012 06:56:58 PM EDT

---- VIDEO ----

TONIGHT AT 11 P.M. - The Exclusive, New Interview! He opens up about his relationship with another woman and for the first time ever, only The Defenders take you inside his Grosse Pointe Park home.

BB: "I did have a relationship with one other woman..."

31373988.jpg

29732789.jpg

65820425.jpg

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/Bob-B...fore/-/1719524/13008004/-/dsr24t/-/index.html

And here is something else "Exclusive"...... Brought to you by "Truly, Yours" ;)

Bob & Rachel ... and they DO look here VERY happy!

Enjoy!

tigergame1.jpg

--

tigergame2.jpg

--

P.S. If "borrow" those to other site(s) ... It's appreciated that you credit the site you took them from or who provided them to you .. and NOT simply "take 'em" ;)

from my local on-line TV Guide .. -- Dateline NBC is ON tomorrow: (below is shown in Central Time)

A man denies any involvement in his wife's death, but a sordid discovery makes police suspicious.

clipboard01dh.gif

Oh my...... now what could this sordid discovery be?

Poor Jane, she's getting lost in all this, but perhaps that's the plan????

The response to the PPO makes some valid points. Not clear if RG has another motive for filing the PPO in the first place or not. Is she really afraid of BB or is she afraid she'll be implicated for having had foreknowledge of Jane's murder?

Oh my...... now what could this sordid discovery be?

Poor Jane, she's getting lost in all this, but perhaps that's the plan????

The victim always seems lost but I try to remember that we're paying attention for the purpose of seeing that justice will be serviced. Although I don't really call it 'justice' when somebody takes another person's life away - where's the justice? Not to mention the grief the murderer probably caused Jane during her life.

Those pictures of Bob all smiley with Rachel - what was Jane doing then? Her family says she wasn't in an open marriage. Those pics make me sick. Jane was working - bringing home bacon - her children adored her and apparently the charade of BB - and she ends up murdered. There's no justice. Why didn't BB just leave the house and cut his losses so Jane could find someone to dance with. People cause each other so much emotional pain and that alone should result in some kind of punishment. Oh take care of me, myself and I because I need to be whipped and need to be happy and Jane, the woman I chose won't do that - says I'm a pain in her arse. I hate Bobs.

Not sure if this was last night .. or (more likely) will be tonight ... Pretty sure it will be on tonight!

---- VIDEO ----

TONIGHT AT 11 P.M. - The Exclusive, New Interview! He opens up about his relationship with another woman and for the first time ever, only The Defenders take you inside his Grosse Pointe Park home.

31373988.jpg

29732789.jpg

65820425.jpg

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/Bob-B...fore/-/1719524/13008004/-/dsr24t/-/index.html

Listen closely to BB's phrasing ~ I did have a relationship with one other woman. Emphasis on the word 'one'. Now he's working on damage control and thinks we're all stoopid. Don't forget he said just a few months ago that he and Rachel are just good friends. So is the another woman, Bob? You say only 'one' other woman. Now Rachel IS the one woman? Duh, like we didn't know that already you slithery snake. If it's one, two or three other woman - hey, what about 'Oregon'? Didn't you even have the time for a one night stand?

Bob's a sociopath so never believe a word he has to say. He serves himself and no one else. If he cared about his children, he wouldn't have lived the way he was living. He's demonstrating how people like him act when they get caught. To bad for him this one is too serious to get out of. Sociopaths can seem like they're really nice people. Although some of the people Bob has known casually aren't even claiming that - they say he didn't look them in their eyes and was basically rude to them. But he's trying to turn on the charm now - too late.

---- VIDEO ----

31373988.jpg

29732789.jpg

65820425.jpg

Bob Bashara: I had a relationship with 1 other woman

Bob Bashara opens up about personal life, relationship with his murdered wife, Jane Bashara, other woman

Published On: May 10 2012 10:59:32 PM EDT

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

DETROIT -
Nearly four months have gone by.

Bob Bashara faces no charges. He has complied with police on several occasions giving statements, DNA, even hand writing samples. While his future hangs in the balance, it's his personal life taking center stage...

When asked about his involvement in the S&M community, Bob Bashara didn't have much to say.

"It was a private part of my life," he said. "It was nothing, had nothing to do with Jane. And people talk about that dark side. They don't even know about what that ... what's involved with that. They think of the terrible notion of different things. But they don't know. They don't know what was going on. And I really don't feel like I can discuss that at this point, knowing that there may be an impending case."

However, Bashara does speak at length about another aspect of his personal life: The other woman.

In an exclusive interview with Dateline, Bashara made an admission about Rachel Gillett. He gave a very different answer than the one he gave the Local 4 Defenders three months earlier....

------

Bob-Bashara-at-Grosse-Pointe-Park-home-jpg.jpg

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...man/-/4714498/13067010/-/kihr09z/-/index.html

Bob Bashara's Interview with Dateline:

But Bashara told Dateline's Dennis Murphy about Rachel just weeks ago.

"You know, I do not want to get into a lot of this because of my children," Bashara said. "But I will tell you that I did have, I had a relationship with one other woman."

He said that woman was Rachel Gillett.

"But it has nothing to do with this case," Bashara said. "Anything to do with the death of Jane ... nothing at all."

Bashara said he went to marriage counseling with Jane about a year ago. he never intended to leave his wife and theory of killing Jane to make room for Rachel is absurd, he said.

"That is so untrue," he said. "Because Rachel had those dreams of, of the white picket fence and the other person. She wanted that life. And I wasn't able to give it to her. I didn't leave Jane. I had no interest in leaving Jane. Jane and I were in love."

Bashara described his relationship with his wife. He said they had "an understanding on certain things."

"We had an understanding, correct," he said. "And that's what people are gonna find hard to believe. Her family, her friends, but they don't know what our relationship was about. So yes, we had an understanding. And I would never, ever hurt her or my children."

Bashara said you cannot believe everything you see online, especially in blogs.

"If you read these blogs, these people don't know anything about anything," he said. "They write on it simply because they have a life that's meaningless. And they live their lives through these blogs. As far as Rachel's concerned, she wrote about a lot of things. She was a big writer, fantasy. She wanted the, like I said, the white picket fence. And I couldn't give it to her."

From inside his Grosse Pointe Park home, the location where he believes Jane was killed, Bob Bashara said the focus should not be on his private life or on the media frenzy that has become a mess, but instead on finding justice for Jane. He vows he had nothing to do with his wife's murder.

"I'm not a violent man. I'm a pacifist, actually," he said. "I don't own a gun. I am not violent. I stopped playing football because I didn't like hitting people. I loved my wife dearly ... loved my wife. The mother of my children. I would never harm a hair on her head."

During the days following Bashara's interview with Dateline, his former mistress Rachel Gillett filed a personal protection order against him.

-------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...man/-/4714498/13067010/-/kihr09z/-/index.html

Bob Bashara admits he had mistress

Published On: May 10 2012 10:59:28 PM EDT

In an exclusive interview with Dateline, Bob Bashara talked about his life with his late wife, Jane, and another woman.

----- VIDEO ----- (4:17)

LOL ... one of pics that i posted in one of my above posts ... - is already in that Video :D

Couple of pics from the VIDEO..... (below)

pi1.gif

pi2.gif

They also said ... "On morning news .. you will hear more from this interview .. you will hear some harsh words from Bob Bashara to Joe Gentz"

-----------

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ess/-/4714498/13068094/-/2tknnvz/-/index.html

JMO, I wish the title of this thread would be changed so as not to say, "Woman" before Jane's name...I don't know why it bothers me, it just does...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB