GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it a complete outrage that Bashara has not been arrested. Makes me wonder who is pulling strings. How can it be so obvious, but they don't have enough to arrest him? Phooey.

Bob Bashara says wife knew of his affairs

Published: Monday, May 14, 2012

By Mitch Hotts
mitch.hotts@macombdaily.com

AR-120519762.jpg&MaxW=2000&MaxH=330

In his latest nationally televised interview, murder suspect Bob Bashara says he had an “understanding” with his wife similar to an open marriage that allowed him to see other women -- a claim at least one longtime friend of the deceased woman says is unlikely.

Bashara -- declared by police as a person of interest in the death of his wife, Jane -- touched on a number of topics in his interview with by “Dateline NBC” that aired May 11.

Longtime family friends such as David and Ruann Marshall of Chesterfield Township do find it hard to believe. They say the scenario “doesn’t fit” with Jane Bashara’s background and her Christian values.

“I can’t say for the record that she did not know (about the affair) but I just find it hard to believe,” said David Marshall, a missionary, whose wife knew Jane Bashara when they grew up in Mount Clemens together and later attended Central Michigan University.

“If Jane did know, I would have to think she endured it only to try to save their marriage and protect their two children. Her marriage and her children were her greatest concern. She was just a bright, caring woman who was a good mother and a good wife,” Marshall said.

For Jane Bashara’s family and close friends, the seemingly endless horror story continue to pound away at her memory and their inability to find closure.

David Marshall said he and his wife always consult with Jane’s family before commenting to the media because all of her supporters are sensitive to how she is portrayed in the media where the stories center on such unseemly topics as infidelity, kinky sex, and cheating -- all the antithesis of her values and lifestyle.

“What Bob is saying are things he must say to protect himself. But Jane had a spiritual investment in her family, her children, her career, but not in wealth or material things,” David Marshall said. “All of what he is saying is contrary to the lifestyle she sought and lived.”

----------

More at the Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/...ays-wife-knew-of-his-affairs&pager=full_story

Okay, so let me get this straight. Bob told his wife the truth about his involvement with another woman, yet he lied to the woman with whom he was having the affair, at least by what RG has stated, she wasn't aware Bob was still married as he had told her they were divorced.

So, is it just me, or is this a whole lotta hoohaw? Me thinketh he doth protest too much........

:furious:
Okay, so let me get this straight. Bob told his wife the truth about his involvement with another woman, yet he lied to the woman with whom he was having the affair, at least by what RG has stated, she wasn't aware Bob was still married as he had told her they were divorced.

So, is it just me, or is this a whole lotta hoohaw? Me thinketh he doth protest too much........

"Master" Bashara's profile resides here:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_someone_is_a_sociopath

We can only hope for an arrest SOON.

Im sorry to see Hinky gone, but thankful to have found this site! Did anyone else notice the ever do conspicuous glass that Big Blob was drinking out of during the interview? 'you're the man Bob'. BARF!!!

Despite the glass, he appears trimmer. Stress will do that to you I guess.

Bob Bashara says wife knew of his affairs

Published: Monday, May 14, 2012

By Mitch Hotts

AR-120519762.jpg&MaxW=2000&MaxH=330

In his latest nationally televised interview, murder suspect Bob Bashara says he had an “understanding” with his wife similar to an open marriage that allowed him to see other women -- a claim at least one longtime friend of the deceased woman says is unlikely.

Bashara -- declared by police as a person of interest in the death of his wife, Jane -- touched on a number of topics in his interview with by “Dateline NBC” that aired May 11.

Longtime family friends such as David and Ruann Marshall of Chesterfield Township do find it hard to believe. They say the scenario “doesn’t fit” with Jane Bashara’s background and her Christian values.

“I can’t say for the record that she did not know (about the affair) but I just find it hard to believe said David Marshall, a missionary, whose wife knew Jane Bashara when they grew up in Mount Clemens together and later attended Central Michigan University.

“If Jane did know, I would have to think she endured it only to try to save their marriage and protect their two children. Her marriage and her children were her greatest concern. She was just a bright, caring woman who was a good mother and a good wife,” Marshall said.

For Jane Bashara’s family and close friends, the seemingly endless horror story continue to pound away at her memory and their inability to find closure.

David Marshall said he and his wife always consult with Jane’s family before commenting to the media because all of her supporters are sensitive to how she is portrayed in the media where the stories center on such unseemly topics as infidelity, kinky sex, and cheating -- all the antithesis of her values and lifestyle.

“What Bob is saying are things he must say to protect himself. But Jane had a spiritual investment in her family, her children, her career, but not in wealth or material things,” David Marshall said. “All of what he is saying is contrary to the lifestyle she sought and lived.”

----------

More at the Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/...ays-wife-knew-of-his-affairs&pager=full_story

Going by gut and what I've read about his lifestyle (double life, double wife), I totally believe the positive comments regarding Jane's character. Bob was drawn to her for those reasons exactly. Some men, I've noticed, hide behind their 'cleansed' wife. Two faced Bob needed Jane to maintain his public image as an upstanding community member and father then he roamed around in the dark after hours. My heart breaks for her that she got ripped off - she didn't get the same quality person in return that she was willing to give. I'm sure Bob was able to fool her for a long time. Over time spiritual detects fake spiritual.

Well, I'm glad Jane had some true friends who know the way she lived her life and aren't letting BB's version go unanswered.

Dateline NBC's Dennis Murphy
by Film Festival Radio
Featured Host: Janice Malone

clipboard01lo.jpg

Friday, May 11 at 10p/9c
A mother of two is found dead in her Mercedes. Her husband, a respected resident in their affluent town of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan denies any involvement in the death. One week later, the couple’s handyman confesses to murder and is eventually arrested for murder and conspiracy to murder. But, it takes two people to conspire. After discovering his secret life in the alternative sex community, police wonder if the husband had any involvement. Dennis Murphy reports.

---- AUDIO ----

clipboard01bay.jpg
clipboard02wp.jpg

--------

Listen at the Source: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/film-festival-radio-/2012/05/11/dateline-nbcs-dennis-murphy

or: Download this episode

I could only watch part of the interview. Bob makes me sick. Now his mil has filed a complaint against him with the Roseville police dept. She fears him and wants him to stop dragging her daughther's name thru the mug. GPPD must be one of the worst in the nation. His mother was at the home cleaning in the garage very soon after Jane was found murdered in a car on the east side of Detroit. What was Joe banging on doors in that neighborhood for???? FEAR perhaps. WDIV is doing a fine job in keeping he public informed about any developments in this case.

I could only watch part of the interview. Bob makes me sick. Now his mil has filed a complaint against him with the Roseville police dept. She fears him and wants him to stop dragging her daughther's name thru the mug. GPPD must be one of the worst in the nation. His mother was at the home cleaning in the garage very soon after Jane was found murdered in a car on the east side of Detroit. What was Joe banging on doors in that neighborhood for???? FEAR perhaps. WDIV is doing a fine job in keeping he public informed about any developments in this case.

bbm ~ when was Joe banging on doors? in what neighborhood?
Are you referring to when Bob allegedly banged on RG's door?

Jane Bashara's mother files police report against Bob Bashara

Lorraine Englebrecht says she's afraid of her daugher's husband, Grosse Pointe Park's Bob Bashara

LOCAL 4 DEFENDERS EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENT: Read the police report

The rest is at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ort/-/1719314/13407172/-/t0m9eoz/-/index.html

Police report could be viewed at above link in PDF format...

...if the link at their site dies - HERE are alternative links to download that PDF:

Download Police Report (in PDF format)

or:

Download Police Report (in PDF format)

... or view it directly HERE in JPG format: (under Spoiler below)

Jane Bashara’s Mother ‘Scared’, Files Complaint About Bob Bashara

May 15, 2012 5:49 PM

bob-bashara.jpg

ROSEVILLE (WWJ) – The family of Jane Bashara of Grosse Pointe Park, who was found murdered late last year, has filed a complaint against her husband, Bob Bashara.

WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with Bashara’s attorney David Griem.

“Bob listened to her complaint. She was very upset. She threatened Bob … to do exactly what she did here,” Griem said. “So, there were two phone calls from the mother in law to Bob. Bob, a few minutes later, called her back to try to calm her down but was unsuccessful.”

--------

More at the Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05...her-scared-files-complaint-about-bob-bashara/

---

According to the police report, Lorraine called Bashara once requesting that he “stop dragging my daughter's name through the mud.”

LOCAL 4 DEFENDERS EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENT: Read the police report

Bashara called back twice, "trying to plead to her about his innocence."

Underlined and CBBM (above) by me.

Notice: In Police Report and in the Media it said that Jane's mom called Bob once, and then Bob called her back twice ... But what Griem said (or, at the very least, how his words were reported in by the Media) was vice verse ... that Jane's mom called Bob two times ... and then, few minutes later, Bob called her back... :rolleyes:

Mother-in-Law Files Police Report against Bob Bashara

Updated: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 5:49 PM EDT

By TARYN ASHER
WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

momuvt.jpg

Has Bob Bashara become mentally unstable? His mother-in-law thinks so. Over the weekend, she filed a police report against her son-in-law claiming she's worried for her safety.

This all started after a "Dateline NBC" special aired on Friday about the Jane Bashara murder case. In it, Bob Bashara, his mistress, his S&M lifestyle was under the microscope. He claimed in this piece that his wife approved of some of this and when Jane Bashara's mother heard this, she had enough.

Upset with what she saw on national television, Lorraine Engelbrecht picked up the phone and called her son-in-law Saturday blasting him for how he portrayed his wife. Because of his reaction, she filed a police report with Roseville police.

"Bob tried to calm her down," said David Griem, Bashara's attorney.

According to the police report, Engelbrecht felt just the opposite. During their initial phone conversation, she told Bashara to stop dragging her daughter's name through the mud, not to bring her down to this level. She then hung up the phone.

She claims Bashara called back twice pleading to her about his innocence.

"Indicated to her let's think about the children. We shouldn't be fighting. We should be praying together for Jane and for the kids," Griem explained.

She called Tim Matouk, an investigator from the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, who advised her to make a police report.

"I have information that he instigated the report, helped with the report for his own reasons and that is his investigation of Bob Bashara," Griem said.

gr1so.jpg

"This isn't an investigation. It's a lynch mob being lead by a rogue cop, and all we're asking for is a fair and impartial investigation," said Griem.

We asked the prosecutor's office about this. They choose not to comment because this case is still under investigation.

---------

More at the Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...police-report-against-bob-bashara-20120515-ms

----

Few readers' comments at the Source: (Click on Spoiler below to view)

Chris Hurley
Wait, let me get this straight; he gives an interview, she doesn't like what he said, so she called him, he did not initiate contact, and then she hung up on him before he could respond? So he calls her back and pleads his innocence, and her response is to call an investigator who says call the police? Because she felt threatened, even though he never made any threatening statements? Sounds more like a publicity stunt on her part because she didn't like what he said in the Dateline interview.

Janet Williams
Is it just me or does the lawyer sound drunk.

Wanda Dudley
This is news because? O right! No arrest warrent issued for BB! senseless.

Zeel Phaggin
Tune in tomorrow for anothe episode of, "As the Stomach Turns".

Wanda Dudley
lol....Right!!
Few more related photos: (Click on Spoiler below to view)

hankj.jpg

97194176.jpg

90973887.jpg

88868913.jpg

gr2wl.jpg

gr3b.jpg

clipboard01buc.jpg

Bob Bashara accused of harassing mother-in-law

By Mitch Hotts
Posted: 05/15/12 10:14 pm
Updated: 05/15/12 11:57 pm

... Lorraine Engelbrecht, the mother of the late Jane Bashara, filed the report with the Roseville Police Department after she spoke with her son-in-law after watching the May 11 “Dateline NBC” television show about her daughter.

“We took the report and forwarded the information to Grosse Pointe Park police because that’s their case,” said Roseville Deputy Police Chief James Berlin. “I have no further comment on this matter.”

Dave Griem, Bob Bashara’s defense attorney, said his client made no threats and asked her to think about the couple’s children, asking her to avoid additional arguments.

Griem went on to point out that the police report shows Engelbrecht was counseled at her home by Tim Matouk, an investigator with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, who urged her to file the complaint. He said Matouk is a “renegade investigator” who is the source of complaints from people being interviewed in the Bashara case.

“We know several people who have said they were willing to cooperate with the prosecutor’s office but didn’t want to talk to Matouk,” Griem said. “We are aware of one individual contacted by the prosecutor’s office who felt so badgered and threatened by Matouk that he went to the hospital after his encounter.”

Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office, declined to respond to the allegations because “the investigation into the homicide of Jane Bashara is ongoing.”

---------

Full Story is at the Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/...d-of-harassing-mother-in-law&pager=full_story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop