GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Bashara Arrested On Charges Of Trying To Kill Suspected Hitman In Wife's Murder

June 25th, 2012, 7:50 PM

Bob Bashara, who has long been considered a "person of interest" in the death of his wife Jane, has been arrested by Grosse Pointe Park Police near Mack and Alter roads on charges that he tried to kill the the suspected hitman charged in the death of his wife, WDIV and the Detroit Press reported.

WDIV reported that his car was searched and towed to the police department...

-------

Read more at the Source: http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...ing_to_kill_suspected_hitman_in_wife_s_murder

BAZINGA!!!!!

Now why, oh why, would BIG BOB need to have Joe Gentz killed in jail?

OH THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE.OF.THE.DAY

Griem said he was bewildered by the new accusation.

“It’s not often that I find myself speechless,” he said outside the Grosse Pointe Park police station.

Bob-Bashara-s-car-impounded-jpg.jpg

-- Police impounded Bob Bashara's vehicle on June 25.

-------

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ted/-/1719314/15239028/-/yi8e6cz/-/index.html

Thanks for the link!

Bob Bashara arrested, accused of soliciting murder of a witness

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 6:39 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 25, 2012 9:22 PM CDT

By Taryn Asher

bob_a1.jpg

---- TEXT & VIDEO (2:57) ----

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. (WJBK) -
"There was Bob and there was like several police cars," a woman told us.

Neighbors watched as Bob Bashara was arrested Monday outside his own Grosse Pointe Park property. Since the beginning, he has been considered a person of interest in his wife's murder, but that's not why he's facing charges. His attorney confirmed he is accused of soliciting the murder of a witness connected to that case, likely his former handyman Joe Gentz, who has already been charged for Jane Bashara's murder.

"It's pretty tough to perform a hit on somebody's who's under the custody that Joe Gentz presently finds himself," said David Griem, Bashara's attorney.

bob_a2.jpg

Witnesses say Bashara was arrested moments after he pulled up to his property behind Dylan's Grill on Mack Avenue Monday evening. Police searched and impounded his vehicle clearly marked with his vanity plate "BIGBOBB". Bashara was also taken to the police department. He met with Griem before he was transported to the Wayne County Jail where he'll await arraignment.

"He denies that anything illegal took place. He was completely shocked. He asked me what the charges were and he just shook his head and said, 'That's wrong. That's wrong. That's wrong,'" Griem said.

bob_a3.jpg

It's been nearly six months since Jane Bashara was found strangled in her SUV in Detroit. A few months later, Gentz was charged with Jane's murder. He allegedly claimed Bashara hired him to kill his wife, and now Bashara is accused of trying to hire someone to kill a witness.

"His last comment to me was they said they were going to get me one way or another," said Griem.

Griem was very upset. He said Bashara has been cooperating with authorities for months doing everything that they have asked him. He said that he was going to be notified if his client was going to be arrested, but that this just came out of nowhere.

Griem does not believe a bond will be set and he expects his client to be charged by Wednesday.

-------

Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18876959/2012/06/25/police-arrest-bob-bashara-search-his-vehicle

Bob Bashara, ‘person of interest’ in wife’s slaying, arrested

By Mitch Hotts
Posted: 06/25/12 10:43 pm
Updated: 06/25/12 10:46 pm

mitch.hotts@macombdaily.com

Susan Reed, Gentz’s court-appointed attorney, said she was surprised by the charges. She said she had heard “rumors and gossip” about a potential hit on her client but was satisfied the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the jail where Gentz is being held, was making sure he was safe.

“When my client was first charged with conspiracy, and conspiracy by nature generally involves two or more people, we thought we’d see another arrest at some point,” Reed said Monday night. “But this isn’t the charge we anticipated.”

Reed said she was told Bashara would be arraigned on Wednesday.

------

More at the Source: http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...t-in-wife-s-slaying-arrested&pager=full_story

Bob Bashara Arrested For Trying To Have Hit Man Killed

June 25, 2012 9:22 PM

GROSSE POINTE (WWJ) – The attorney for Bob Bashara has confirmed that Bashara, who is a person of interest in the strangulation death of his 56-year-old wife, has been arrested.

Bashara is in the Wayne County Jail for allegedly trying to solicit someone to kill handyman Joseph Gentz, the man charged with killing Bob Bashara’s wife, Jane.

Attorney David Griem told WWJ’s Rob Sanford he was caught off guard by the arrest of Bashara Monday evening.

“It’s not often that I find myself speechless but this is one of those occasions, I was completely surprised,” Griem said.

Griem says Bashara didn’t know what he was arrested for and was in “complete disbelief” when he was told it was for solicitation of murder.

“I’m not even sure there is an arrest warrant at this time, my belief is they’re going to be obtaining a warrant tomorrow and he should be arraigned sometime on Wednesday,” Griem said.

Griem said Bashara was shocked and responded “this is a setup” when told about the charges Monday....

--------

Read more at the Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/25/reports-bob-bashara-arrested/

How can any one person do something so stupid? He must think he runs the world. I bet they have him on video doing this! I am so glad they have him and I hope they keep him.

I'm really worried about the Gentz fellow though. Someone could still get him via big bobb, wasn't that what the license plate said?

Name Date of Birth Age Custody Status Agency/Reason Reporting Agency

BASHARA, ROBERT 12/12/1957 54 In Custody Wayne County Jail Wayne County Sheriff's Office

------

Offender Name: ROBERT BASHARA
Offender ID:2012015302
Date of Birth:12/12/1957
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: Wayne County Jail

--------

Source: https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/s...me=robert&dob=&ageRange=0&methodToCall=search

The article at the link was substantially redone ... some new text and 7+ min video (showing Bob's mom going into the house etc) was added at the above link.

Bob Bashara arrested for trying to solicit murder; sources say he was plotting his handyman's death

Posted: 06/25/2012
Last Updated: 1 hour and 8 minutes ago

bob_a4.jpg

---- TEXT & VIDEO (7:22) ----

Bob Bashara, the man who has lived under a cloud of suspicion for the murder of his wife Jane, is now in a Wayne County lockup.

Bashara was arrested in an alley behind one of his commercial properties in Grosse Pointe Park, the same building where sources say he held S&M sex parties. He was taken into custody around 7 p.m. Monday night.

A witness says officers appeared in marked and unmarked cruisers.

Right now Bashara is not being charged with Jane’s murder. Sources say prosecutors will charge Bob with solicitation to commit murder, accusing him of trying to hire a hit man to kill his handyman, Joeseph Gentz.

“I don’t have a crystal ball. I find that far-fetched, for this reason. We all know that Joe Gentz was released by the prosecution and was out on the streets for seven or eight days before he was arrested again. If that were the theory then Joe Gentz wouldn’t be around today,” said David Griem, Bob Bashara’s attorney...

-------

Read more at the Source: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/bob-bashara-arrested

-----

P.S. ... some people are speculating that maybe Bob "tried to have Joe Taken OUT prior to his (Joe's) arrest..."

Pretty good point also ... I guess we'll just have to wait and see for the facts to come out.

Looks like Bob was allegedly, indeed, trying to get Gentz killed inside the jail... (if it's true --- then he is a real IDIOT, lol)

June 26, 2012 at 1:17 am

Bashara arrested for solicitation of murder

Arrest is latest twist in story that began with wife's body in SUV

By George Hunter and Francis X. Donnelly
The Detroit News

bilde

A Grosse Pointe Park businessman was arrested Monday, allegedly caught on tape trying to hire someone to kill a handyman who claims to have murdered the businessman's wife at his behest, two people familiar with the case said.

Bob Bashara, who owns and manages retail properties, has been arrested with solicitation to murder a witness — Joseph Gentz, said his attorney, David Griem.

A police source said the alleged attempt was caught on tape.

"He was recorded soliciting someone to kill Gentz inside the jail," the source said.

Griem said the arrest came as a surprise Monday.

Bob Bashara was arrested Monday by Grosse Pointe Park police at his commercial rental property on Mack Avenue. The charge is punishable by up to life in prison. His Lincoln Navigator, with the license plate "Big Bobb," was parked Monday night at the police garage.

He was transferred to Wayne County Jail and could be arraigned as early as Wednesday, said Griem. The attorney said police will probably seek arrest warrants Tuesday.

Griem, responding to the arrest on solicitation to murder a witness, said he couldn't see how Gentz could be killed inside the jail.

"That would be something out of 'Mission: Impossible,'" he said. "I've visited the jail many times and the security is very tight."

As for Monday's arrest, Griem said police had promised to contact him if Bashara was to be charged with murder or conspiracy to murder in the death of his wife.

Instead, Griem said he found out when media began calling him for comment.

"It's clear to me that he's not been arrested for the murder of Jane Bashara or conspiracy to murder Jane Bashara," he said.

He said his client would probably end up at the same spot as another prominent former inmate.

"He'll probably be given the Kwame Kilpatrick cell," Griem said.

-------

Read more at the Source from The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120626/METRO/206260358

Bob Bashara accused of trying to put jailhouse hit on Joe Gentz, man charged for Jane Bashara's murder

Bob Bashara arrested on suspicion of trying to solicit murder of handyman Joe Gentz; Gentz faces charges for Jane Bashara's murder

Author: Mara MacDonald, Local 4 Reporter

Published On: Jun 25 2012 11:00:25 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 25 2012 11:56:30 PM EDT

bob_a5.jpg

Mrs. Bashara (Bob's mother), very surprised, is arriving to jail.

---- TEXT & VIDEO (2:11) ----

Bob-Bashara-in-jail-jpg.jpg

Bashara accused of planning jailhouse hit on Gentz

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara may still be a person of interest in his wife's murder but right now he is accused of trying to put a jailhouse hit on his former handyman, Joe Gentz.

More: Bob Bashara arrested by Grosse Pointe Park police

Multiple sources are telling Local 4 that’s exactly what this case is, and Bob Bashara has been recorded in connection with trying to arrange that hit. Well-known and well-respected attorney Todd Flood believes the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office has solid evidence.

"Kym Worthy isn’t going to issue a flimsy charge. She’s not that type of prosecutor," Flood said. "She’s going to make sure she has more than probable cause, even though that’s the standard she has to meet. She’ll make sure she has more to issue this charge with the backdrop of the homicide case."

--------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rder/-/1719314/15247596/-/wdwnah/-/index.html

Bob Bashara arrested by Grosse Pointe Park police, accused of trying to solicit murder of Joe Gentz

Husband of murdered Grosse Pointe Park mother, Jane Bashara, is arrested, accused of trying to have handyman Joe Gentz killed

Published On: Jun 25 2012 07:05:29 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 25 2012 11:53:27 PM EDT

bob_a6.jpg

Bob Bashara held at Wayne County Jail

bob_a7.jpg

bob_a8.jpg

bob_a9.jpg

---- TEXT & VIDEO (2:52) ----

Watch: Exclusive video of Bob Bashara at Wayne County Jail

--------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...entz/-/1719314/15239028/-/xlnshk/-/index.html

The Jane Bashara homicide case: (click on Spoiler below to view)

Jan. 24: Jane Bashara of Grosse Pointe Park is reported missing by her husband, Bob Bashara.

Jan. 25: Jane Bashara's body is found in her Mercedes SUV in an east-side Detroit alley.

Jan. 27: Grosse Pointe Park Director of Public Safety Chief David Hiller describes Bob Bashara as a "person of interest" in the case. Police announce that Bashara voluntarily took a polygraph test, which he later said he was told he failed.

Jan. 31: About 4 a.m., Joseph Gentz, a former handyman who worked for Bob Bashara, walks into the Grosse Pointe Park Department of Public Safety, where he says he killed Jane Bashara at the behest of her husband, who promised to pay him and give him a vehicle.

10:30 a.m.: Jane Bashara's funeral begins at Grosse Pointe Memorial Church.

Feb 3: Gentz is released from custody. Bob Bashara had given police Gentz's name on a short list of people he believed could possibly want to harm him or his family, said Bashara's attorney, David Griem. Griem said Bob Bashara owed Gentz a couple of thousand dollars and was paying it back in small increments.

Feb. 4: Bob Bashara tells reporters, "I did not kill my wife. I have nothing to do with this."

Feb 9: Bob and Jane Bashara's daughter says she doesn't believe her father killed her mother. "Without a doubt in my mind, I know that he did not do it," Jessica Bashara said during a "Good Morning America" interview that aired that morning. "There's no way."

March 2: Gentz was arrested in connection with Jane Bashara's death at Macomb County Circuit Court, where he was scheduled to appear in a child custody hearing.

March 5: Gentz is arraigned in 36th District Court on first-degree murder and conspiracy charges.

April 11: Bob Bashara's lawyer is back in court in a fight over monitoring how detectives and prosecutors take Bashara's handwriting sample.

April 26: Rachel Gillett, 51, a woman who calls herself the former girlfriend of Bob Bashara, says in a written plea for a personal protection order that she is terrified of meeting the same fate as Jane Bashara.

Gillett says Bob Bashara has contacted her through instant messages and phone calls and has come to her home, despite pleas for him to stop.

Bashara later denied in a court filing that he is stalking or menacing his former girlfriend.

May 13: Lorraine Engelbrecht, the mother of Jane Bashara, files a police report against her daughter's husband, accusing him of harassing her by phone. June 11: Gentz's attorney seeks an independent evaluation after a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation found him competent to stand trial in the murder of Bashara. Gentz has a history of emotional issues and psychiatric conditions. His court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, told the court she wanted Gentz to undergo an independent evaluation. He is to be back in court July 23.

June 25: Bob Bashara is arrested on a charge of solicitation to murder a witness, according to a source and Griem, Bashara's attorney.
----------

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/201206...hara-accused-of-plotting-to-kill-Joseph-Gentz

Bashara's Lincoln Navigator was impounded by police during his arrest Monday. His mother, Nancy Bashara, tried to get into it at the police station but was stopped by officers and then interviewed by a television reporter, according to witnesses.

Griem and Bashara's co-council Christina Utley were scheduled to have a meeting Tuesday with investigating officials to discuss other "potential suspects." He said Monday night that meeting will likely be canceled.

Spokeswoman for the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, Maria Miller, declined comment via email late Monday. Hiller said there will be a press conference Tuesday with more information.

Neighbors and friends on Middlesex, where the Basharas lived and raised their children, came out to talk about the arrest Monday. Many said they had been waiting for the arrest. Traffic on the street was busy, most likely, neighbors said, from gawkers hearing about the arrest and driving by Bashara's house.

Within view from of his home are lawn signs that read Justice 4 Jane, an advocacy campaign to keep the investigation alive on behalf and in memory of Jane Bashara.

The signs have been going up in lawns across the Pointes as friends—even some strangers—grew frustrated that the person they believe was involved in Jane's death was going on with life, showing up regularly to Grosse Pointe Park Little League games at Defer Elementary School.

Bashara was a leader in the league for years and was behind the founding of the concession stand. He also had been seen at the St. Joan of Arc fair last month and was asked to leave, and neighbors on Middlesex say it was typical to see him driving down the road, windows down, music blaring.

--------

More at the Source: http://stclairshores.patch.com/articles/bob-bashara-arrested-in-wife-s-death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28