GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's new "one" from Bob Bashara's family FB page:

"The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude."

169311_196244007171755_1423992043_o.jpg
"Jane Bashara’s birth family, the Engelbrecht family, would like to make it clear that they are in no way affiliated with the J4J (Bob Bashara's family) Facebook page which states it is an official, family-run forum."

---- SNIP ----

--- VIDEO was added at the link (better quality than the one posted earlier ... and longer) ---- (3:09)

“In hindsight, I would not have authorized my office to go forward with a subpoena, but I did,” Griem told Judge Kenny.

Griem suggested that his assistant was to blame for the subpoena.

“I bear the weight and responsibility for my office,” said Griem.

Griem told the judge that he was trying to get Joe Gentz’s employment records from Tranor Industries in Detroit.

The judge, prosecutors, and Gentz’s attorney all questioned why the subpoena would bear the title “People v. Robert Bashara” when there is no such case.

The subpoena also had the wrong court address on it: it listed the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center – which houses the civil division of the court. The criminal division is inside the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice – a totally separate building.

“I’m having a hard time understanding when you filed your… motion as it relates to the handwriting sample, it made it to the right place. And then all of a sudden when they’re issuing subpoenas, with no case number on it, with a fictitious case name, it ends up with the wrong address and phone number,” said Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey.

Joe Gentz’s attorney, Susan Reed, told Judge Kenny she was very disturbed by what Griem did.

“I’m not satisfied with the explanation. I intend to on behalf of my client pursue this to see exactly what happened and what was the intent behind this,” said Reed.

Larry Dubin is a legal ethics expert at the University of Detroit Mercy Law School. He says the judge could decide that Griem crossed the line with the unauthorized subpoena.

“There’s an ethics rule that says you’re not supposed to engage in any type of proceeding, that is frivolous, that is w/out merit,” Dubin told 7 Action News Investigator Heather Catallo.

Griem also told the judge that he issued a second subpoena for cell phone records.

Judge Kenny asked him to write a letter withdrawing the subpoena.

Griem has also filed a motion with the court of appeals but that is under seal, and it’s not clear when the court will issue a ruling.

Griem did not return calls seeking comment today.

Jeez , has Baez on his circus roadshow etc and inthe trial in Florida shown to the world how atts can get away with this.. to just state I am ignorant and dumb .. a scenario....o and they do not have any repercussions from the court as to censure... FTLOG!

Todd Flood: Bashara attorney's conduct precarious ethical position

Author: Todd Flood, Defense expert, tflood@floodlaw.com

Published On: Jun 25 2012 10:30:30 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 25 2012 11:31:43 AM EDT

Todd-Flood-jpg.jpg

DETROIT -
Last week, Wayne County Circuit Court Chief Judge Tim Kenny admonished David Griem, lawyer for Bob Bashara, over investigative subpoenas Mr. Griem’s office issued in an effort to obtain certain records...

At all times, lawyers are governed by rules of professional conduct which broadly outline what a lawyer can and cannot do. In addition, those rules require lawyers and judges to report the ethical wrongdoings of other lawyers or judges, if they have personal knowledge of a violation.

In this case, Mr. Griem issuing apparent investigative subpoenas in a non-existent case, without proper justification, presents an ethical problem because it appears to fall squarely outside the bounds of ethical conduct demanded of lawyers. And it also creates a potential obligation for the other lawyers involved tangentially in this matter, along with Judge Kenny, to have to report Mr. Griem’s conduct in this case. Mr. Griem issuing investigative subpoenas in the case “People vs. Robert Bashara” poses a problem for at least two reasons: (1) defense lawyers cannot issue investigative subpoenas, only prosecutors can and, more importantly, (2) there are no pending charges against Mr. Bashara. For the most part, there are always alternative routes to obtain records but issuing invalid subpoenas in a non-existent case is not one of them.

And Mr. Griem’s explanation that the subpoenas were issued inadvertently also raises ethical concerns. Aside from whether Mr. Griem’s excuse is believable given the circumstances, an attorney is expected to ensure that everything done in his or her name is appropriate. The subpoenas are court orders, and Mr. Griem should have either signed them himself or authorized their signing. Either way, he should have approved them being sent out. The failure to take due care in making sure that ethical norms are followed can be the basis for misconduct charges.

In the end, Mr. Griem’s conduct, at the very least, put each lawyer, including Judge Kenny, in a very precarious ethical position. It remains to be seen, if, and when, one of those lawyers will report Mr. Griem's conduct to the Attorney Grievance Commission.

----------

Read more at the Source

--

Today's new "one" from Bob Bashara's family FB page:

"In our life there is a single color, as on an artist`s palette, which provides the
meaning of life and art. It is the color of love."

539555_196757640453725_754508848_n.jpg

"Jane Bashara’s birth family, the Engelbrecht family, would like to make it clear that they are in no way affiliated with the J4J (Bob Bashara's family) Facebook page which states it is an official, family-run forum."

MIL just called me. According to Detroit news Bob was just arrested. Looking for a link to support. Want to make sure it's not for something else.

Darkman where are you? With all your ongoing updates i really wanted you to break this news :woohoo:

MIL just called me. According to Detroit news Bob was just arrested. Looking for a link to support. Want to make sure it's not for something else.

Thank goodness. :woohoo::woohoo:

Its about time.

imo

For sure Ocean :woohoo: What a great week. Sandusky goes down and now Bob arrested. Renews my faith in Justice. I know bob obviously has not been convicted by it renews the faith after the Anthony trial :woohoo: Knowing what i know about the D.A. she is tough and waited til she had all her ducks in a row.

LOL ... I leave ... and miss all the fun by the looks of it! :)

Wow!

Bob Bashara arrested, accused of trying to have alleged hitman Joe Gentz killed

7:16 PM, June 25, 2012

By Joe Swickard

First Bob Bashara was suspected of hiring a hitman to kill his wife. Now Bashara is accused of attempting to have that hitman killed, a source familiar with the investigation told the Free Press.

Bashara was arrested this evening on a charge of solicitation to murder a witness — Joe Gentz. Gentz is charged with killing Jane Bashara, who was strangled the night of Jan. 24 and left in her SUV in Detroit...

Attorney David Griem, representing Bashara, could not be reached this evening.

Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, had no comment. Family members of Jane Bashara also declined to comment.

Gentz’s attorney, Susan Reed, said she was surprised by the development.

“I am surprised and I am sure the authorities will take every step necessary to protect my client,” Reed said.

Reed said she had recently heard rumors of a “hit” out on her client, but had no indication that Bob Bashara was involved....

---------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/201206...cused-trying-alleged-hitman-Joe-Gentz-killed-

Attorney: Bob Bashara arrested

Husband of murdered Grosse Pointe Park mother, Jane Bashara, is arrested, accused of trying to have Joe Gentz killed

Published On: Jun 25 2012 07:05:29 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 25 2012 08:41:49 PM EDT

Bob-Bashara-looks-at-camera-jpg.jpg

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
Attorney David Griem has confirmed with Local 4 that Bob Bashara has been arrested.

He is being held at the Grosse Pointe Park Police Department. Police have impounded his car.

Watch: Uncut: Bob Bashara arrested

Sources say Bashara was arrested for suspicion of trying to solicit the murder of Joe Gentz. Gentz has been charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in Jane Bashara's murder.

Bob Bashara has been called a person of interest in his wife's January murder. Griem has been representing the family.

Watch: Uncut: Attorney 'disappointed' about Bob Bashara's arrest

"I'm deeply disappointed," Griem said. "I had been guaranteed by both the Prosecutor's Office and the Police Department that after four months of doing everything that he was asked to do by police officials if charges were brought they would not go out and arrest him. They'd give me a phone call and I'd be allowed to surrender him."

Griem said he was not surprised but is disappointed by the arrest of his client.

"It's clear to me that he has not been arrested for the murder of Jane Bashara or conspiracy to commit the murder of Jane Bashara," Griem said. "We'll see what the evidence is and we'll go from there."

Griem said he expects Bashara will be arraigned on charges on Wednesday.

"If I had to guess I would say the court appearance would be Wednesday," he said.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit.com for more information as it becomes available

David-Griem-jpg.jpg

-- David Griem

---------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ted/-/1719314/15239028/-/yi8e6cz/-/index.html

Bob Bashara Arrested for Conspiracy to Murder Witness

Grosse Pointe Park Director of Public Safety David Hiller told Grosse Pointe Patch on Monday that Bob Bashara was arrested Monday. He is accused of conspiracy to murder an unidentified witness.

By Kim North Shine, the author, 8:24 pm

The widower of Jane E. Bashara, Bob Bashara, has been arrested. Details of his arrest were sparse as of Monday night, but the arrest happened about 6 p.m. outside a building in the 15400 block of Mack Avenue that he owns, his attorney David Griem said.

Grosse Pointe Park Public Safety Director David Hiller confirmed the arrest to Patch on Monday but declined to release more details.

Media is swarming the Grosse Pointe Park municipal building following Bashara's arrest. He was transferred to Wayne County Jail shortly before 8 p.m. from Grosse Pointe Park's lockup, Griem said.

Outside the Park municipal building, Griem told Patch that Bashara has been charged with conspiracy to murder a witness. He said the witness is not identified in the official charging paperwork.

Spokeswoman for the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, Maria Miller, declined comment via email late Monday....

-------

More at the Source: http://grossepointe.patch.com/articles/bob-bashara-arrested-in-wife-s-death

Wowsers conspiracy to Murder Gentz. I assumed it was Jane. If thats where their strongest case is I'm good with that. I was surprised to hear of the arrest assuming they were waiting on the Independent on Gentz. So maybe more to come?

June 25, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Bashara arrested, police source says

By George Hunter
The Detroit News

bilde

Bob Bashara's vehicle was in police custody Monday night at the Grosse Pointe Park public safety building. (David Coates / The Detroit News)

Robert Bashara was arrested Monday, according to a police source.

Grosse Pointe Park police referred questions to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, which had no comment Monday evening...

--------

Read more at the Source from The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...419/1361/Bashara-arrested--police-source-says

Bob Bashara arrested, accused of trying to have alleged hitman Joe Gentz killed

---------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/201206...cused-trying-alleged-hitman-Joe-Gentz-killed-
The headline had been updated now, the article had been updated now ... with some additional information:

Bob Bashara arrested, charged with trying to arrange jailhouse killing of handyman Gentz

8:43 PM, June 25, 2012

The development unfolded just after 6 p.m. when Bashara was arrested by Grosse Pointe Park police at his commercial rental property on Mack Avenue — the same property where authorities said he had a sex dungeon in the basement.

Griem said he was bewildered by the new accusation.

“It’s not often that I find myself speechless,” he said outside the Grosse Pointe Park police station.

Griem said he knew Bashara was accused of trying to murder a witness, but said he did not have details. He questioned how difficult it would be to attempt to put a hit out on someone in jail.

“He had no idea why he had been arrested …. He was shocked when I told him what the charge was going to be,” he said. “I think he believes this was all part of a set-up.”

------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/201206...ying-arrange-jailhouse-killing-handyman-Gentz

Hmmm... For some reason this one is, kind of, reposted ... today

Mother of Jane Bashara files police report against Bob Bashara
Lorraine Engelbrecht, the mother of Jane Bashara, also filed a police report against Mr. Bashara accusing him of harassing her via phone

Published On: Jun 25 2012 07:05:29 PM EDT

Bob-Bashara-BDSM-graphic-jpg.jpg

-------

Read at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...hara/-/1719314/13469664/-/c4i0xs/-/index.html

Wowsers conspiracy to Murder Gentz. I assumed it was Jane. If thats where their strongest case is I'm good with that. I was surprised to hear of the arrest assuming they were waiting on the Independent on Gentz. So maybe more to come?

I was floored when I found out it wasnt concerning Jane but conspiring to murder Getz.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members