Found Deceased MI - Jeff Hurley, 34, & Alexandria Foust, 19, Missaukee County, 7 Nov 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad that they finally found them...there seemed to be a lot swirling around them and what might have happened. I hope that they aren’t too degraded to determine COD - I wonder if one ended up in the water and the other tried to help them out. Prayers to their family.

With articles of clothing found near the vehicle, I would lean towards hypothermia, with paradoxical undressing and voluntary immersion in water. Foul play can't be ruled out yet, though.

With articles of clothing found near the vehicle, I would lean towards hypothermia, with paradoxical undressing and voluntary immersion in water. Foul play can't be ruled out yet, though.

Oh good point I forgot about the paradoxical undressing/terminal burrowing etc. what confuses me is that my understanding is that their car had gas, they could have stayed inside and kept warm. I’ll look for a link for that, until then take it as MOO. I just don’t understand why they left a warm safe car. They were found not far from whether the car was right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good point I forgot about the paradoxical undressing/terminal burrowing etc. what confuses me is that my understanding is that their car had gas, they could have stayed inside and kept warm. I’ll look for a link for that, until then take it as MOO. I just don’t understand why they left a warm safe car. They were found not far from whether the car was right?
I didn't know whether their car had gas, but you raise a good point.

They were only about 60 yards from where their vehicle was found.

The Durango was very deep in the mud. My thought is that they did try to keep warm in the car, but the tailpipe may have been clogged with mud, leading to carbon monoxide poisoning, causing them to become confused and disoriented.

I understood undressing with hypothermia, but not emptying their pockets. Struck me as so odd.

Glad that they finally found them...there seemed to be a lot swirling around them and what might have happened. I hope that they aren’t too degraded to determine COD - I wonder if one ended up in the water and the other tried to help them out. Prayers to their family.

Good point, but the fact that some of their clothes were near the car is weird. Anyone know 60 yards in which direction?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

One of Two Bodies Found in Missaukee County Identified
http://www.minews26.com/content/one-of-two-bodies-found-in-missaukee-county-identified/
We have new information regarding the case of the missing people in Missaukee County.
The MSP says they have positively identified one of the bodies.
The MSP Houghton Lake Post says that autopsy results have confirmed that one of the bodies found in the Dead Stream Swamp this week is Jeff Hurley.

[...]

Rest In Peace Alexandria and Jeff:rose::rose::rose::rose: Praying that we find out what actually happened and also for your families.
Gone too soon :(

I hope those baby girls are with someone outside of this circle. Wow.

Why no results yet from the autopsy? Been way long enough, something smells fishy! It was well over a month ago they said an autopsy was getting ready to be performed. Obviously the police must suspect foul play and do not want to release the cause of death hoping someone will admit to it.

And the hunters hearing screams for help but being unable to locate them is the saddest thing I can imagine.

Last edited:
Why no results yet from the autopsy? Been way long enough, something smells fishy! It was well over a month ago they said an autopsy was getting ready to be performed. Obviously the police must suspect foul play and do not want to release the cause of death hoping someone will admit to it.

And the hunters hearing screams for help but being unable to locate them is the saddest thing I can imagine.
Jeff's report came back succumb to the elements. He froze to death. The young woman was identified but the cause has not come back yet.

Jeff's report came back succumb to the elements. He froze to death. The young woman was identified but the cause has not come back yet.

I've searched the media for confirmation of this and couldn't find anything. Do you have a MSM link? I know that Jeff's family posted in the FB group that his COD was hypothermia (technically different than freezing to death I believe) but I don't think we can use that because it's not MSM confirmed. Please post a link if you have one.

It appears they are still waiting for toxicology one one of them.
MSP awaiting toxicology reports on couple found in swamp
Yes that's all I could find as well. No official COD has been released on either so we must say hypothermia in regards to Jeff is merely rumor at this point.

My prediction unfortunately is that substances will play a big part in this. I've seen it time and time again. We'll see though. Very, very sad.

They must have taken the stray clothing as evidence of paradoxical undressing. I don't believe they could determine that cause of death with any certainty otherwise (considering how long the bodies were underwater).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back