MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the witnesses are indeed saying they saw a struggle by the van, then this the first I've heard of it and makes this witness account even more suspect to me! Who in the world would witness that and then just drive away?!

And if it were the person who made the second 911 call, the timing doesn't seem right as the first 911 caller was already in the store.

In today's video, Chief Shaw says he doesn't know if she was taken by a single person or a group of people. That caught my ears. We've been assuming one man abducted her.

^ Thanks for the link with the sketch. Hopefully, folks will see this and turn in some tips about who the guy is. :please:

Noticably square jaw, thin nose, and YES - wavy middle-parted hair.

This composite sketch does look like the RSO jocokseyes ( i know spelling so sorry jo) put up last night but I believe it was removed, except his mug was darker haired.

Went back to correct the name joco!

jmo

Suspect sketch

attachment.php

Will you post this on the Breaking News thread? Thanks.

***BREAKING NEWS!!!*** TODAY on WEBSLEUTHS ***BREAKING NEWS!!!*** - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

"Shaw expects another sketch artist to come into town today to work on a drawing of the driver of a van that was seen on the gas station property Friday night"

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/policefire/376926

Quoting myself from last night...

Police Chief Shaw expected another sketch artist to arrive in town. Perhaps the witness and LE felt more confident with this sketch. Obviously something gave them a level of certainty they didn't have before.

Like with Holly Bobo, the details of this case just give me a BAD feeling from the get-go. Hope I'm wrong.

I really think the police know a lot more than we do. Inconsistencies in reporting is driving me crazy! Also, I understand why police might think more than one had something to do with this....the second car flying right behind the van is really disturbing me.

If you look at a few posts prior, Otto posted a map with a marker for the Exxon station where Ms. Heeringa was working and also a marker for the tavern where the surveillance footage was obtained from. Using those two points, we know the suspect would have had to travel west on Sternberg Rd and turned right onto Grand Haven Rd, heading north. That's all we know related to the suspect's route at this time.

The cops have been pretty clear that they don't even know if that is the suspect, just someone they would like to talk to. I don't even know how they could say that except based on timing, I mean you can't see anything about a person in the car, it could be a 90 year old woman driving or a 25 year old man. I'm not sure I'm overly excited about whatever route that car took---too tenuous for me.

Also, I agree with someone's question on the Meijer point on the map. Way back at the beginning, the co-worker indicated she drove past, saw something odd, had her boyfriend turn around in the Meijer parking lot then went and parked across the street where she saw the guy closing the hatch of his minivan---that she thought was a Town and Country. The co-worker turned her van around there, not that someone saw the perps van turn around there. Also, I believe the co-worker is where the description comes from.

And I like the idea of hunting and/or Red Wings gear---but up here in New England, anyone in the universe would have identified it immediately as such, as a Sox, Patriots, Bruins or Celtics shirt, and she didn't, apparently, say "oh, it looked like a hunter's orange shirt" or "oh it looked like a Red Wings shirt". I think they would have released that.

Also I don't know anyone who wears hunting orange out of season---is it still a season there?

If you go back and look at the first page of this thread, you'll see where the original information is as above and that it got somewhat garbled further downstream here.

Just my thoughts and opinions!!

I really think the police know a lot more than we do. Inconsistencies in reporting is driving me crazy! Also, I understand why police might think more than one had something to do with this....the second car flying right behind the van is really disturbing me.

I said the same thing earlier, regarding the second car. If the second car was not involved, hopefully the driver comes forward and tells police where the van traveled if nothing else.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a lot of the questionable information in the news has come from the victim's mother. She is emotional and upset, and understandably so, but she may be doing more harm than good with passing along what seems like hearsay as fact. I recall that she (mother) stated that someone saw a struggle. I have not heard anything about a struggle from anyone else. I doubt anyone saw a struggle because if they did, why didn't they call 911?

Based on the early reports, it was my understanding that a co-worker who was passing by around the time saw what they considered suspicious silver van go behind the station. The witness pulled into the guitar store to watch but didn't see anything else suspicious and either left or left after the van had left. Unless there was another witness or more witnesses, I don't know who provided the description to LE. I never saw an indication that the driver was seen out of the vehicle, so the height is questionable at best. Just a few thoughts.

Boss has not been named a POI or suspect, no pics of him to compare with sketch allowed here.

Ima

Thread is getting long, working on a new one and will be closing this one shortly...

Ima

The Cheese first noted that someone (later identified in MSM as co-worker) saw something in Post #114 with a link to MSM. The link still works and you can see it in the transcript if not watching the video.

Also, the post Otto used for the map with the Meijer was clarified and corrected by others several posts later, that it was the co-worker. I'll put those post numbers up as soon as I find them so people can have the actual references rather than what has come down the "telephone line" a thousand posts later.

Been watching this from the start......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member