MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A. Just reiterating... that is NOT Jessica smoking by the bar.

B. They are looking at the van driving by, not parked.

I'm directionally challenged, can someone tell me is that van headed towards or away from the Exxon? I'm confused by the time stamp.

Praying hard for Jessica. Lord, let this one be a miracle.

BBM

Monday evening police released surveillance video from a nearby business. It shows a grey or silver minivan, possibly a Chrysler Town & Country, traveling northbound on Grand Haven Road.

http://www.wzzm13.com/rss/article/2...duction?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm directionally challenged, can someone tell me is that van headed towards or away from the Exxon? I'm confused by the time stamp.

Heading away from Exxon, a mile or 2 North of the station.

The van is heading away from the Exxon station. To get to the tavern from the Exxon station, the van would have had to turn right onto Sternberg from the Exxon heading west, then turn right onto Grand Haven Rd heading north.

It's in the parking lot in front of the bar. It looks like that girl is kind of hiding because legally, you aren't supposed to stand so close to any business and smoke anymore. Even a bar.

You mean that's not a road? It's a driveway? It doesn't look like a typical parking lot. Is the Tavern set back from the main road?

I'm a little lost here because I took a break to eat a delicious burger off the grill.

I'm not so sure. I would agree with you if there was a plate on the front. However, Michigan does not require front plates and most vehicles do not have them. It doesn't appear like there is a plate on the front from the surveillance footage.

The pic I was looking at is the back of the vehicle. Is that the same pic your looking at?

You mean that's not a road? It's a driveway? Because it's not a typical parking lot. Is the Tavern set back from the main road?

I'm a little lost here because I took a break to eat a delicious burger off the grill.

I wouldn't say the tavern is set back from the road. The parking lot separates the building from the road. I think you can get a pretty good idea if you watch the video. The van passes directly behind the silver vehicle that is parked in the parking lot.

The pic I was looking at is the back of the vehicle. Is that the same pic your looking at?

That's actually the wrong vehicle, as we've come to learn. I first noticed that because it was facing south. If you watch the surveillance footage, which is now posted, the van passes from left to right. You only see the front of the silver van.

Good night all, may this young mother be found safe and sound. Not looking good, but will continue to hold out hope.

Larger pic of vehicle

The surveillance camera at the Old Homestead Tavern captured the gray or silver minivan headed north on Grand Haven Road away from the Exxon.

That video can be seen above. The minivan in question passes from the top left of the screen to the right at about time stamp 22:46:42. The time stamp on the video is not in sync with actual time, Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw said in an email.

"We believe that this is the van that witnesses have described as being at the Exxon station at the time of Jessica’s abduction," Shaw wrote in the email.

Police would like to speak to the driver of the minivan, described as a heavy-set, white man between 30 and 40 years old, and having broad shoulders, and light brown, wavy hair parted in the middle and longer on top. He may have also been wearing a bright red or orange sweatshirt.

picture001_20130429203905_640_480.JPG

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...nce-video-of-minivan-in-jessica-heeringa-case

Thank you for posting a larger photo :) It's much better than the one I tried to post and my computer kept locking up and freezing... This is very helpful!

The vehicle in the parking lot isn't the vehicle in question. The silver van passes by on the road directly behind that vehicle in the lot. The link to the video is below. However, unless the time stamp is wrong, this vehicle was not involved. The time stamp indicates 10:46 pm and we know that her last transaction occurred at 10:50 pm. It is possible that the time is wrong on the surveillance tape. We're not talking hours here.

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/29/b...spects-van-in-missing-mom-case/#axzz2RpvQ0swg

This is SUPER helpful. Thanks for the link. I watched the video 10 times and had no idea what I was supposed to be looking at.

That "van" doesn't look much like a van to me. More of a sedan? It appears to pick up some speed so it's hard to tell.

i'm trying to decide if that looks like damage to the passenger side, or if it's just shadows. if it's damage, it would definitely help in the search for this van!

I was just thinking the same thing. Looked like damage to me, but I know how our eyes can play tricks on us when we look so intensely at a pic like this!

i'm trying to decide if that looks like damage to the passenger side, or if it's just shadows. if it's damage, it would definitely help in the search for this van!

Yea that looks like damage. Notice how even when the lighting changes that dark area stays the same? I have an image program downloading now so that I can clarify and blow it up a bit.

I thought the same thing re the passenger side door - looks like a fairly large indentation.

BTW, the abduction was featured on the local Bay Area ABC News this morning.

My prayers for Jessica and her loved ones that she is found unscathed. Such a disturbing story. :please::please:

I'm not so sure. I would agree with you if there was a plate on the front. However, Michigan does not require front plates and most vehicles do not have them. It doesn't appear like there is a plate on the front from the surveillance footage.

Some folks find this odd, but I'm sure that it has been 20+ years that we haven't had to have front license plates in Michigan.

This is SUPER helpful. Thanks for the link. I watched the video 10 times and had no idea what I was supposed to be looking at.

That "van" doesn't look much like a van to me. More of a sedan? It appears to pick up some speed so it's hard to tell.

That's also a van or an SUV I think. If you figure in the comparison in size to the SUV in the parking lot and the fact that it's further away than the SUV it would be a good foot or two larger than the SUV in the lot...sorry if that barely makes sense.

I wouldn't say the tavern is set back from the road. The parking lot separates the building from the road. I think you can get a pretty good idea if you watch the video. The van passes directly behind the silver vehicle that is parked in the parking lot.

So the screen shot isn't of the vehicle in question? doh!

Oh, I see now. Thanks.

I think it looks damaged too.

By the way, does anyone get an image in mind of what this dude's hair looks like? I can't picture what parted in the middle, kinda wavy and longer on the top looks like.

Whoever posted the still photo with the wrong silver vehicle must have figured they'd get one final April fools joke in before the month was through. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton