MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart always fill me with hope in these cases! Even the little girl for Northridge who was recently let go after being kidnapped from her home. Hoping to add Jessica to this list :)

Theres no evidence saying shes NOT still with us. So Im gonna keep hoping.
Thats just how I roll though....:eek:

There is ALWAYS hope... even though I tend to be a realist /pessimist and these cases/stats have jaded me, there is no reason to stop looking and keeping hope until Jessica is found.
There are so many cases of abduction where the victim survives after days or even weeks and we haven't heard of them. Recently I've been watching "I Survived" on Biography and there are lots of stories with positive outcomes.

After checking my local news sources and watching the video update above, there doesn't seem to be much progress in the case beyond tips that came in following the release of the sketch. Hopefully, tips that have been generated by the sketch will lead to something significant. :please:

In discussing the possibility of RSO involvement in Jessica's disappearance, how common is it for these perps to escalate to kidnapping or worse?

Amongst the highest risk predatory offenders, I think it'd be both common and easy (for them). IMO, they're more concerned with getting caught again, so I suspect that someone who has already served time for a significant sex offense would be more likely to escalate than one who hasn't. It reminds me of BSL in the Mickey Shunick case. :(

If this guy knows her and she could easily identify him, that is scary...I can't see him letting her go. LE would have to literally find and rescue her.

For those who say "RSO's are not supposed to have social media pages". Remember these very same people raped/assulted/whatever innocent victims. Do you really think the "internet police" will scare them? It sucks but it is life as we know it right now :-(

JMVHO & sorry i am late on this subject!!

I agree, these are not law abiding citizens, facebook and twitter restrictions aren't of concern to these folks.

Which is why WS is so great, especially in cases like this where we are looking through RSO's and we come across some of these guy's pages -- whether they are involved in the actual incident or not-- PASS ON ANY TIPS!
If they appear to be living near a school, have social media pages, or anything else looks suspicious... REPORT IT!

That's one of the reasons why these registries exist so the public knows who these predators are, so we can protect ourselves and our communities and LE certainly cannot police every inch of these offender's lives.

Better to be proactive!

I remember closing up on night shift and some of our duties that required going outside were closing/locking a shed and taking garbage out to the dumpster (replacing the liners), sweeping the parking lot. But I wasn't ever alone and there was a camera in the parking lot.

You would think that these clean up duties that include going outside to empty trash, lock the sheds, etc. could be delegated to the morning shift employees. Nighttime clean up places an employee in a potentially dangerous situation. Possibly the trash bins could be placed in a more visible place. It may not be so pleasing to the eye but I would prefer to have an employee safe.

ok, So the exxon mobile owner has been cleared right?

I just saw what he looks like and the sketch does resemble him.

I'm not sure about Jessica's boss. He wasn't mentioned when the Police Chief listed those who have been cleared: fiancé, one or two former boyfriends, the man who made the 911 call from the gas station. Family members have been interviewed, and I believe they are all cleared, as well.

After checking my local news sources and watching the video update above, there doesn't seem to be much progress in the case beyond tips that came in following the release of the sketch. Hopefully, tips that have been generated by the sketch will lead to something significant. :please:

In discussing the possibility of RSO involvement in Jessica's disappearance, how common is it for these perps to escalate to kidnapping or worse?

bbm - it only takes one

I'm not sure about Jessica's boss. He wasn't mentioned when the Police Chief listed those who have been cleared: fiancé, one or two former boyfriends, the man who made the 911 call from the gas station. Family members have been interviewed, and I believe they are all cleared, as well.

I read somewhere that police said he is not a POI.

But I don't think her boss would be pulling up to talk to her when it is close to closing time.

I doubt he is the one who did this.

and the witnesses would have probably heard Jessica say her bosses name etc.

to me, this is someone (like a RSO) who maybe frequented the store or knew they had lone employees working all hours by themselves.

You would think that these clean up duties that include going outside to empty trash, lock the sheds, etc. could be delegated to the morning shift employees. Nighttime clean up places an employee in a potentially dangerous situation. Possibly the trash bins could be placed in a more visible place. It may not be so pleasing to the eye but I would prefer to have an employee safe.

IIRC, the man who was Jessica's last customer - he made the 911 call - said that the trash was ready to go out but was still in the store. Sounds like Jessica was taking care of closing clean-up but was lured outside by the perp.

For any locals,

I would like to know the mood of the town? Do people seem to be on high alert? Are they worried there may be another abduction. Are they watching their children closer? How well is your media getting this info out to the your community? Are people being urged to call in tips, etc...I am just trying to get a feel for the level of alert your town is on.

Are there flyers up everywhere, is the news keeping this a high priority, are there ribbons up or roadside signs? From an average residents perspective are they being reminded & bombarded everyday that one of their own is missing?

I ask because I feel very worried for Jessica. It seems like the media and LE are getting tons of info out there but the community may not be as aware as we folks at websleuths are. KWIM.jmo

I have a couple of different opinions about local reaction. First, people are definately on high alert for Jessica and the POI, and it seems to be more about finding Jessica than worrying about a reoccurance right now. But I am sure that is on everybody else's mind. There are flyers everywhere and aside from my community college who would only let me put up ONE in the whole campus, every business that I have personally asked has taken flyers and put them up. Everyone is worried about Jessica and we all feel horrible for her family. People are indeed calling in tips and anxious for more info so that they can help get Jessica home and get this guy off the streets.

BUT...people are getting on my nerves with the calls to publicly boycott the Exxon station at this point. I feel like there will be plenty of time for that later. If you don't like him, don't go there. No better way to express your opinion than by not spending your money there. But please, no public demonstrations until Jessica is found. It would only detract from the search efforts IMO. Also, I do believe the owner has been cleared. He is guilty of being an A-hole, and he does resemble the sketch, but talking about him being the kidnapper is just beating a dead horse at this point. And there seem to be a LOT of people beating that poor horse. Also, I have seen a couple of comments on FB that people are annoyed about the media camping out next to Exxon. "Can't they go somewhere else?" I don't know where they think the media should go. This is the crime scene and the command post. Come on.

So to answer your question, people are being wonderful and people are being ridiculous. But I think mostly they are being helpful.

I have a couple of different opinions about local reaction. First, people are definately on high alert for Jessica and the POI, and it seems to be more about finding Jessica than worrying about a reoccurance right now. But I am sure that is on everybody else's mind. There are flyers everywhere and aside from my community college who would only let me put up ONE in the whole campus, every business that I have personally asked has taken flyers and put them up. Everyone is worried about Jessica and we all feel horrible for her family. People are indeed calling in tips and anxious for more info so that they can help get Jessica home and get this guy off the streets.

BUT...people are getting on my nerves with the calls to publicly boycott the Exxon station at this point. I feel like there will be plenty of time for that later. If you don't like him, don't go there. No better way to express your opinion than by not spending your money there. But please, no public demonstrations until Jessica is found. It would only detract from the search efforts IMO. Also, I do believe the owner has been cleared. He is guilty of being an A-hole, and he does resemble the sketch, but talking about him being the kidnapper is just beating a dead horse at this point. And there seem to be a LOT of people beating that poor horse. Also, I have seen a couple of comments on FB that people are annoyed about the media camping out next to Exxon. "Can't they go somewhere else?" I don't know where they think the media should go. This is the crime scene and the command post. Come on.

So to answer your question, people are being wonderful and people are being ridiculous. But I think mostly they are being helpful.

That's what i read somehwere, that police had cleared him.

it would be really odd if he was the one who pulled up in the van since it was close to closing time.

exxon mobile owner, fiance, man who called 911, former boyfriend, have all been cleared.

my guess is that a RSO took her. I totally see this as a crime of oppurtunity (sp).

also, numerous friends and acquaintances have been cleared as well.

Imamaze may have already posted this for everyone, but just in case, I'm going to post it now.

SEX OFFENDERS. WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO ON WEBSLEUTHS

There are legal considerations concerning bringing information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths.

When a child/person goes missing or is harmed we may look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim.

In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information.

Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law.

If you have questions about what is allowed, PLEASE ASK FIRST, before posting. Just send a pm to Imamaze or any mod and they will find an answer for you, okay.

Thanks so much,

Salem

In the video (posted upthread) PC Shaw says,

In regards to the composite sketch (1:10 in):

We are very confident with that photo [sketch]. That it is the exact likeness of the driver of the van that was seen leaving the scene here.

I'm not exactly sure how they can be SO sure. I can assume- the eyewitness has to be confident. Perhaps has seen this person before in the store, around town.

I can't imagine LE official repeatedly making statements that they are so very confident on the likeness of the photo ("10 out of 10", "exact likeness") if they have any doubts.

I'm not sure if the gas station owner has officially been ruled out or not but there'a a good deal of focus on him resembling the sketch. IMO if LE knows he is not involved, they should really make it clear that he is NOT INVOLVED so locals can get off of his case as a POI and focus attention elsewhere. He's an unsavory character, sure, and I have nothing nice to say about him but if he's not involved, get him out of the way so folks can focus on looking for the real suspect.

http://fox17online.com/2013/05/01/p...eringa-abduction-investigation/#axzz2S30f0zJC

I just want this guy caught. I'm almost out of tums. lol

I read somewhere that police said he is not a POI.

But I don't think her boss would be pulling up to talk to her when it is close to closing time.

I doubt he is the one who did this.

and the witnesses would have probably heard Jessica say her bosses name etc.

to me, this is someone (like a RSO) who maybe frequented the store or knew they had lone employees working all hours by themselves.

I agree that the owner is unlikely, BUT the conversation reported to LE that Jessica had would make sense, "what are you doing out here?". MOO

He has a brother who is also a RSO. That maybe him (I just found this out)

in that case I think it's the brother. the eyes close together in the sketch looks more like the brother.

In the video (posted upthread) PC Shaw says,

In regards to the composite sketch (1:10 in):

We are very confident with that photo [sketch]. That it is the exact likeness of the driver of the van that was seen leaving the scene here.

I'm not exactly sure how they can be SO sure. I can assume- the eyewitness has to be confident. Perhaps has seen this person before in the store, around town.

I can't imagine LE official repeatedly making statements that they are so very confident on the likeness of the photo ("10 out of 10", "exact likeness") if they have any doubts.

I'm not sure if the gas station owner has officially been ruled out or not but there'a a good deal of focus on him resembling the sketch. IMO if LE knows he is not involved, they should really make it clear that he is NOT INVOLVED so locals can get off of his case as a POI and focus attention elsewhere. He's an unsavory character, sure, and I have nothing nice to say about him but if he's not involved, get him out of the way so folks can focus on looking for the real suspect.

http://fox17online.com/2013/05/01/p...eringa-abduction-investigation/#axzz2S30f0zJC

Police said the Exxon owner and manager are not persons of interest.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/missing-woman-case-officially-abduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3