MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After checking my local news sources and watching the video update above, there doesn't seem to be much progress in the case beyond tips that came in following the release of the sketch. Hopefully, tips that have been generated by the sketch will lead to something significant. :please:

In discussing the possibility of RSO involvement in Jessica's disappearance, how common is it for these perps to escalate to kidnapping or worse?

After checking my local news sources and watching the video update above, there doesn't seem to be much progress in the case beyond tips that came in following the release of the sketch. Hopefully, tips that have been generated by the sketch will lead to something significant. :please:

In discussing the possibility of RSO involvement in Jessica's disappearance, how common is it for these perps to escalate to kidnapping or worse?

I would think a tier 3 sex offender would think nothing of it.

One can never watch too much SVU! I had the regular Tuesday marathon (USA) on most of yesterday. I don't even have to sit and watch because I know every episode from memory :D I miss Stabler in the newer episodes, so I'm glad that there are reruns so I can still get me some Elliot Stabler :blowkiss:

I watch on Netflx so haven't seen any new episodes since season 12 (last season?) I want you to tell me what happened to Elliot, and yet I don't! I had no idea he was gone.

Sorry OT...don't tell me. Shhh lol

I'm no expert in criminology, but what I have observed in following cares like this is that LE focuses on local RSO's fairly early on in most cases. This is because they do reoffend. It seems to be an escalation of deviant behavior. It progresses until there is a crime scene in some cases. Individuals with lack of impulse control to the point of committing criminal acts seem to become numb to the consequences of such acts.

Ive been following along and read every comment. I have very little to add except some moo. I believe LE know who the POI is and are hoping he leads them to Jessica. Praying they find her soon. My heart goes out to her family. I also agree to boycot her work.

when i was a teenager i worked at a gas station. we also had no cameras. After being robbed twice I quit. I live in a city and alot still dont bother a decade later.

ALL MOO

I am new to this case, and I don't know what's been discussed. I just wanted to say that a lot of factory workers stop at convenience stores at the start and end of their shifts to fill up on coffee, grab a bite to eat and get some beer for after work. Some of these people stop in night after night and chat with the employees.

I don't know who LLL is, but is it a person who might work in a factory?

:wagon: CluelessWonder! :welcome:

Glad you have joined us!

:seeya:

Boyers???

TIA...:seeya:

It's a business that buys and sells gold, silver and coins on Grand Haven Rd. I think this is the business they are referring to, unless there are 2 coin places within half a mile from each other.

I remember closing up on night shift and some of our duties that required going outside were closing/locking a shed and taking garbage out to the dumpster (replacing the liners), sweeping the parking lot. But I wasn't ever alone and there was a camera in the parking lot.

Along the lines of factory worker/delivery driver, I know when I worked at Starbucks (not entirely the same thing I realize) the Pepsi Co. drivers would come in right when we opened at 430am. It was the end of their shift, they drove/delivered for 8 hours (or so) before that. I knew them all "well" and probably would have gone to one of their vehicles to get a book to borrow, etc. There was a level of comfort there that maybe shouldn't have been, but there was. MOO, Personal Anecdotes aren't facts, etc. etc.

Along the lines of factory worker/delivery driver, I know when I worked at Starbucks (not entirely the same thing I realize) the Pepsi Co. drivers would come in right when we opened at 430am. It was the end of their shift, they drove/delivered for 8 hours (or so) before that. I knew them all "well" and probably would have gone to one of their vehicles to get a book to borrow, etc. There was a level of comfort there that maybe shouldn't have been, but there was. MOO, Personal Anecdotes aren't facts, etc. etc.

You are absolutely right though. My sister manages a store and the employees and vendors are all very friendly, talk about their kids and that kind of thing. The vendors get them event tickets for different concerts and things that their product sponsors, give them logo merchandise like t-shirts or whatever. When you see someone daily or weekly, sometimes for years, of course you become comfortable with them unless they come off as super weird or unfriendly.

For any locals,

I would like to know the mood of the town? Do people seem to be on high alert? Are they worried there may be another abduction. Are they watching their children closer? How well is your media getting this info out to the your community? Are people being urged to call in tips, etc...I am just trying to get a feel for the level of alert your town is on.

Are there flyers up everywhere, is the news keeping this a high priority, are there ribbons up or roadside signs? From an average residents perspective are they being reminded & bombarded everyday that one of their own is missing?

I ask because I feel very worried for Jessica. It seems like the media and LE are getting tons of info out there but the community may not be as aware as we folks at websleuths are. KWIM.

jmo

ok, So the exxon mobile owner has been cleared right?

I just saw what he looks like and the sketch does resemble him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3