MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Paint to cut and paste the sketch of the POI and a RSO who lives within 2 miles of the Exxon as referenced in earlier posts and the resemblence is uncanny. Wish I could share but don't want to crucify someone with out hard evidence and don't want to violate Websleuth rules.

If the guy had wavy hair on Friday night, I bet he doesn't have it now.
Plus, he'd probably be wearing a cap. Hair is the easiest 'feature' to change.

Yes! Although I am fascinated by that hairdo (more of a hairdon't IMO)... the nose and chin/jaw are distinctive and what I am narrowing in on when looking through pictures. And I'm trusting Police Chief Shaw when he says the sketch is a 10 out of 10.

I've seen the flyer with three pictures. Are you certain the one on the gas station door has three pictures? Maybe the youtube video cuts off the bottom portion then - I could swear that particular poster only features the single picture.

Not worth going back to look but hope they aren't featuring just that one picture. Jessica has several different looks - I mean, she looks different depending of what picture you're looking at.

No idea what's up at Exxon. I refuse to go there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4kGX1F6Wyc&feature=youtu.be&t=3m4s

Here's a link to the youtube video that BetteDavisEyes so kindly posted on the last page of the first thread.

It shows a reporter trying to speak to the owner of the gas station. There's a single flyer on the glass door that features a single picture of Jessica, the one with the red painting on her forehead. Curiosity got the best of me so I had to take another look.

Oh Jeeze. The posts on that FB page right now :| I can't even...

I've spotted a crazy on the page.

And now I will zip it because people like that don't deserve to highjack our thread from focus on Jessica.

If the sketch guy lives down the road, you'd think LE would have knocked on his door by now. Maybe they've not been able to find him but have been looking for him all along. :banghead:

DH and I were just chatting about what happened with the search for the Boston bombing suspect. LE agencies already knew where the wounded suspect was hiding out, and by the time that the media was showing live coverage, the effort was well underway.

I'm feeling more confident that local LE (and MSP, FBI) are already on to the POI. Maybe he's even been under surveillance for a while. Hoping and praying for a positive outcome. :please:

By now they usually have massive organized searches going on. The only search I've heard mentioned is when one of our posters said he noticed an industrial area being searched (with dogs) two days ago.

Wonder why?

If Jessica is injured somewhere nearby, it's going to be too late.

That is post #39, for those keeping track, and it references the FB of Jessica's sister where the co-worker says she turned around.

In post #99, it got garbled. One person quoted description of the van and iluvmua asked if was same "one" as drove to Meijer and returned. The "one" she meant was co-worker/witness, but the reply thought the "one" she meant was the van.....and so on and so on...super confusing...

Otto, I see in researching you've been here the whole time too---so much information flying around initially, right?!?! :)

I have been following this from the beginning. What I've noticed in following cases like this, especially when they are not quickly solved, is that the information that is leaked right at the beginning can be the most reliable. I'm inclined to believe the tip about the van driving to Meijer, turning off the lights, making a loop and heading in the same direction from where it came. That could be the van that is sought by police. It could also be the van that has been reported loitering at other gas stations where there are female attendants.

I wonder if other gas stations, where a van was seen, have cameras and whether more information can be gathered about the vehicle and the driver from those locations.

A task force of investigators from the Norton Shores Police Department, Michigan State Police, Muskegon County Sheriff's Office, Muskegon Police Department and Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office are all investigating the case.

Two observations --
1) No FBI.
2) County Prosecutor's Office is investigating. That's good news. I'm glad they are involved now. Hoping they are already building a case and it's a sign of a WONDERFUL outcome soon to come.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/family_of_jessica_heeringa_rem.html

Family of Jessica Heeringa remains hopeful: 'We will find her and we will bring her home'

“We’ve been told it will be a small tip that will lead to solving this,” Homrich said.

Shelly Heeringa, Jessica's mother, said she has been trying to stay strong and has not lost hope.

“I’m hanging in there, take it one day at a time, an hour at a time,” Shelly said. “I can’t express all the support we have had. The only people who aren’t (supportive) are the people from Exxon.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/family_of_jessica_heeringa_rem.html

DH is grilling our dinner that will be ready shortly. There's a Bette Davis movie on TCM at 8:00PM, so I will bid all of you "Good Night". Hoping for good news about Jessica tomorrow.

Hello :seeya: to all of the guests out there! Any locals reading along?

Please join us and add your thoughts and perspective.

If he is local and is still in town tomsee the news, not good for Jessica. In fact if the perp is local and has not been noted as missing before now, probably not good news either. It might mean he was back home within hours.

Found another arrest record from 08/06/2012. This picture is dead on match to sketch. Except square jaw and weight. Take a look on mugshotsworld.com

Initials are same for first, middle, and last name

i just want to throw it out there, probably just a coinkydink... but that person is wearing a red shirt in his mugshot that looks like the sketch and a red jacket looking thing in the other mug.

Yes! Although I am fascinated by that hairdo (more of a hairdon't IMO)... the nose and chin/jaw are distinctive and what I am narrowing in on when looking through pictures. And I'm trusting Police Chief Shaw when he says the sketch is a 10 out of 10.

The "10 out of 10" comment bothers me. I've seen professional portraits that weren't a 10 out of 10. Unless Shaw already has a suspect in mind, I don't understand how he can be so positive.

My goodness. I found a few more mugshots/arrests. Try Florida, same full name. Arrest in 2005. That picture looks the most like the sketch IMO. Also he IS bulkier as an older man...

So strange to me how much he looks like the Exxon owner. It's just all so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020