MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Those sure look very close to a match to me! Is it possible they were an old pair that her fiance didn't know she still had? Hope they checked them for DNA, fingerprints, etc.

those don't look the same to me. hers have more of a horned rim top side corners.

Chief Dan Shaw told 24 Hour News 8 that the man had been brought in on Wednesday for questioning but because investigators still had more questions, the man voluntarily come back in for questioning on Thursday.

Police learned about him through a tip, and he owns a silver minivan. Police believe that someone driving a silver or grey minivan is connected to Heeringa's disappearance.

Shaw said his team of investigators met Friday morning, and they decided to clear the man.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/man-questioned-in-heeringa-case-cleared

there goes that.

WOOD TV ‏@WOODTV 1h

"Police find unknown substance at Exxon gas station where #jessicaheeringa was taken from. It is being analyzed now."

so, chloroform or something?

anyone else getting pissed about the investigation? wasting 2 days on a non-suspect; chasing tips from a public which seems to be maybe not giving relevant info, not getting the FBI involved, not doing more searches, focusing on a sketch and van which may have nothing to do with the case?
the van probably does, and the sketch too, but they can't assume that's absolute info. they need to INVESTIGATE and not just chase tips and follow RSO protocol.

Okay, so I'm new but I have followed some of your comments for a while. There is a guy in Grand Rapids sexual offender registry who has the initials "ggd" that irked me and then I looked at the vehicles registered to him and ...well silver mini van

report him, please :)

WOOD TV ‏@WOODTV 1h

"Police find unknown substance at Exxon gas station where #jessicaheeringa was taken from. It is being analyzed now."

so, chloroform or something?

Idk but it seems like police just started talking about this yesterday, which makes it sound like they just found it and started analyzing it. I HOPE it was actually found on Friday night or early Saturday and taken right to the lab for testing.

Leon Hendrix ‏@LeonHendrix 5m
MSP, FBI, NSPD, AND more all very involved in the case...

Someone said they thought she had gone out back to smoke and he took her then. WRONG. You don't leave the cash drawer out, the front door unlocked and the store unmanned. NOT FOR A SECOND. I used to work in a gas station. There is no way she would have been allowed to do that even with the cash drawer put away. You don't leave the store unmanned and unlocked, period. Not even if a customer has an "emergency" out back. You call 911 for them. That is why I believe he came into the store, she was forced to go with him, and that he was armed. MOO.

anyone else getting pissed about the investigation? wasting 2 days on a non-suspect; chasing tips from a public which seems to be maybe not giving relevant info, not getting the FBI involved, not doing more searches, focusing on a sketch and van which may have nothing to do with the case?
the van probably does, and the sketch too, but they can't assume that's absolute info. they need to INVESTIGATE and not just chase tips and follow RSO protocol.

I think LE has a limited number of personnel working this case full time. For example, yesterday I read an interview with an RSO in the area that still had not been interviewed by LE. I am sure the people they have working this case are very busy, but without a lot more investigators or a signficant break in the case , this may be slow going.

Someone said they thought she had gone out back to smoke and he took her then. WRONG. You don't leave the cash drawer out, the front door unlocked and the store unmanned. NOT FOR A SECOND. I used to work in a gas station. There is no way she would have been allowed to do that even with the cash drawer put away. You don't leave the store unmanned and unlocked, period. Not even if a customer has and "emergency" out back. You call 911 for them. That is why I believe he came into the store, she was forced to go with him, and that he was armed. MOO.

I agree about the cash drawer but she left the store unmanned to change receipt tape in the pumps at least.

Don't do what??????? Demand security cameras in businesses? What is wrong with that? People are going missing and you tell me not to post a link about legislation being started to require security cameras? It's been a long, long time coming.....

No. Don't come in with all caps and exclamations when it isn't because a missing person has been found or an arrest has been made. We're all on edge and seeing "YES!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!" is heart stopping.

Agreed about security cameras, I think everyone here agrees with that!

I agree about the cash drawer but she left the store unmanned to change receipt tape in the pumps at least.

I agree about work around the pumps, but only when there are NO CUSTOMERS, you don't go out around back away from visibility of the front door. Then again, when I worked the night shift I was NEVER alone. Always, always 2 people working. AND we had cameras! This was back in 1993, there is no excuse for such negligent policies these days.

No. Don't come in with all caps and exclamations when it isn't because a missing person has been found or an arrest has been made. We're all on edge and seeing "YES!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!" is heart stopping.

Agreed about security cameras, I think everyone here agrees with that!

Sorry. I get a LITTLE excited that something is actually happening I've been passionate about for so long! I will try to contain my all caps and exclamation points....:blushing: COME HOME JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The receipt tape in question is the tape that prints out a customer's receipt at the pump. The customer is asked, "receipt requested?".
If you press the "yes" button, the machine prints out the receipt when the nozzle is placed back onto its holder.

Is this the system they have there when paying with a credit card versus cash?

I agree about work around the pumps, but only when there are NO CUSTOMERS, you don't go out around back away from visibility of the front door. Then again, when I worked the night shift I was NEVER alone. Always, always 2 people working. AND we had cameras! This was back in 1993, there is no excuse for such negligent policies these days.

The witness who saw her talking to the poi in the gray van was outside at the pump, as was the van and jessica. I don't know what store policy is, but you get comfortable and complacent after awhile and things sometimes slide. Especially if it was a regular customer who didn't seem threatening to her. Her family feels she stepped outside to help a customer with something that was possibly a ruse concocted to get her outside, and that's when she was taken. It feels very plausable to me. I went to get gas at another station last night and the first pump I tried kept flashing error. I went in and the lady told me to go to a different pump instead of coming out-smart move on her part. Everyone is hyper aware right now but six months from now, the comfort level will increase again. Btw, two attendants at this station and what appeared to be a brother or boyfriend hanging around which I was happy to see.

I am getting Holly Bobo vibes from this case...young woman goes off with abductor, apparently, actually in front of a witness, yet never seen again. Hope I am wrong, of course.

I am glad to finally be accepted into the fold so I can throw my ideas around. I am by no means good at this investigative thing yet, but things don't sit well.

My theory is this was a crime of opportunity. This is the time of year to open cabins up north. Perhaps this is why nobody recognizes this man.

1. He panicked and turned the wrong way
2. He took Seaway into Muskegon Heights (?) or a more populated area
3. He knows the area because of annual camping/fishing
4. He had a boat waiting somewhere near Lake MI or an access to it

:wagon: Maggiewho! :seeya:

I think you (and other posters) may be on to something regarding the perp being a guy who has access to a cabin somewhere fairly close...

Rental?
Owner?
Abandonded?
???

JMO

You don't or wouldn't. We can't be certain what another person might do. If she's put in a position to maintain the gas station all by herself, there may be times she had no choice but to step out of the building. Still we don't know what the system is supposed to be. Were the tapes changed out on a schedule and the employees were instructed to leave it alone until someone else was there (doesn't make a lot of sense since customers want receipts).
We don't really know. We've met the owner and, clearly, safety was not his main concern.

I agree that Jessica probably wouldn't retreat to the back of the building leaving the cash draw unlocked and unattended.
People get lax in their own environments but, until evidence exists otherwise, I trust that Jessica was just doing her job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95