MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah..my reaction is whatever my Yoga breathing tells me...come on this is so outdated it makes me sick!

I know the police are coming so I take a xanax, smoke a joint. Let's be clear it is a medical marijuana state he could have "medicated" in front of the police. This is just laughable.

My opinion only...let's focus on who not why

Um, Huh?

From early reports, the 'witnesses' were driving by the Exxon station and saw something 'out of the ordinary'.

This is what I think happened:

Husband and wife (Jessica's co-worker) are driving down the road.

Wife glances over at the Exxon station. (We all do this when we pass by our place of employment.)

She sees a silver van, with its back door open, and a man who's a 'regular' customer behind the station.

She thinks, 'that's weird.'

So, she tells her husband.

Hmmmm, they both agree that is weird.

Meanwhile they're still driving down the road- further from the station.

Husband/wife both say maybe they should go and check.

So, husband turns around and drives back to the station.

They pull in just in time to see the 'regular customer' get in his van and drive away (down the dark side road).

The station is empty.

The other customer (911 call guy) has arrived.

Later, the Wife (co-worker) can give a good description of the suspect because she has seen him at the store before.

I find the above scenario highly plausible.

I also find it very, very lucky that ANYONE saw anything that fateful night. If these two hadn't been driving past, then we wouldn't have the valuable clue about the van being parked behind the station. And we may not even have had the sketch.

Most people driving by a gas station aren't going to look at it twice. Even if there is a vehicle parked behind it.

This would make sense, except I don't remember two 911 calls coming in close together. And I believe the first (and possibly only?) call came from the customer who found the store empty.

I will go back to the beginning and see if I can find a link.

ETA: I realize now that you didn't say the couple called 911. Sorry, very tired and apparently it's affecting my reading. I think everything you say seems logical except I don't understand how they wouldn't notice that the lights were still on, door unlocked and Jessica gone. I realize her car was still in the parking lot, but wouldn't you have called the store or driven up and run into the store just to be sure all was well? If they would have even looked in the door, they would have probably seen the cash drawer on the counter. Idk..I am have a very hard time with this piece of the puzzle, and what worries me the most is these are the witnesses who are responsible for the sketch. If they are not reliable, is the sketch?

If I know the police are looking at me as a suspect I smoke a joint, or take a xanax. I am replying to the statement that they judge reactions to the question of a poly. Too easy to dismiss that people are cleared from basis of a polygraph. This is outdated, and almost a neanderthal procedure in 2013. This man could easily pass a polygraph in this day and age is all I am trying to point out.

My opinion.

This would make sense, except I don't remember two 911 calls coming in close together. And I believe the first (and possibly only?) call came from the customer who found the store empty.

Yes, I'm sorry if my post was confusing... As far as I know there was only one 911 call.

The coworker and her husband allegedly sat by some "guitar store" and watched the van shut off its lights in back. If the van truly is the one who took her, then I believe they had a plan to do just that and carried it out. I wonder if they blindsided her outside or lured her out the front, which if the droplets outside turn out to be her's is likely. I am not certain that they ever stepped foot actually into the store.

I am not blaming the co worker here, just find it odd that they took the time to sit and watch the van and then wrote it off as nothing and did not follow up by at least calling to see if she was okay. Something about it is a bit off to me. I think perhaps they were in a way spying on her, hence got bored watching the van and left. Or something of that nature. Or was the coworker iwatching the van the person that she was working for that night, and perhaps was supposed to be home in bed sick or something along those lines. IMHO

OK, so there was a guy who saw somebody pull up to her earlier in the day a couple hours before this happened while she was changing something outside. He later parked and went in to buy something, and this guy was driving a van that looked like the one on camera. How about this scenario:
He talked to her, he then went in and bought something with cash to find out more about her. He then left. He has been planning on doing something like this for a long time but has never actually done it. A couple hours later after thinking about it, he comes back at closing time. She has the drawer out because she is about to close. She recognizes the "friendly" guy and opens the door and asks what the problem is. He says to her he dropped his wallet somewhere, did she find it? She responds, no I didn't see anything. He continues "Hm, i swear I must of dropped it somewhere in here, do you guys have any cameras?" She, thinking this all being very innocent says "no they dont have any cameras here." He then proceeds to grab her, he drags her out, there is a struggle and gets her into the van. Just another possible scenario i suppose.

I am still stuck on LE saying the drawing is a 10/10 or something to that effect...how on earth can anyone know if it is even close, until they find the perp??

the only thing that makes sense to me would be that the other clerk recognized him. she pulls over, thinking it's her parents skulking around and then sees him and leaves. she can describe him in great detail because she's seen him many times.

of course, without evidence, he's just a weird guy in a van so it's not like LE is going to blast his name all over the place.

Yes, I'm sorry if my post was confusing... As far as I know there was only one 911 call.

Customers had called 911 after entering the store and finding no employees present, police have said. The business had no video surveillance in place at the time of Heeringa's alleged abduction, police have said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/police_four_cleared_as_persons.html

Now that you brought this up I do think that I read that there was a second call just minutes after the first. Will keep looking.

OK, so there was a guy who saw somebody pull up to her earlier in the day a couple hours before this happened while she was changing something outside. He later parked and went in to buy something, and this guy was driving a van that looked like the one on camera. How about this scenario:
He talked to her, he then went in and bought something with cash to find out more about her. He then left. He has been planning on doing something like this for a long time but has never actually done it. A couple hours later after thinking about it, he comes back at closing time. She has the drawer out because she is about to close. She recognizes the "friendly" guy and opens the door and asks what the problem is. He says to her he dropped his wallet somewhere, did she find it? She responds, no I didn't see anything. He continues "Hm, i swear I must of dropped it somewhere in here, do you guys have any cameras?" She, thinking this all being very innocent says "no they dont have any cameras here." He then proceeds to grab her, he drags her out, there is a struggle and gets her into the van. Just another possible scenario i suppose.
The scenarios are endless. Who did it? Who had opportunity? A local? The Clinton sketch, and vehicle descriotion are too much to ignore. He is in close proximity. Who has longer hair this year, or grew a beard? Who dyed their hair? Changed appearance in a small way? Who isn't looking people in the eye? Someone. Someone fits all this whether it is a local, or a traveler. Someone knows this man.

The coworker and her husband allegedly sat by some "guitar store" and watched the van shut off its lights in back. If the van truly is the one who took her, then I believe they had a plan to do just that and carried it out. I wonder if they blindsided her outside or lured her out the front, which if the droplets outside turn out to be her's is likely. I am not certain that they ever stepped foot actually into the store.

I am not blaming the co worker here, just find it odd that they took the time to sit and watch the van and then wrote it off as nothing and did not follow up by at least calling to see if she was okay. Something about it is a bit off to me. I think perhaps they were in a way spying on her, hence got bored watching the van and left. Or something of that nature. Or was the coworker iwatching the van the person that she was working for that night, and perhaps was supposed to be home in bed sick or something along those lines. IMHO

I'm going to go through the very first links posted in these threads. There appears to be a few different stories about the co-worker and witnesses. I've heard that someone sat and watched the van and I've also heard that someone drove by, turned around, and came back to the station as the van was leaving. Let me see if I can find the links to clarify the different stories....

The last few lines of your post spook me, made my heart race.
This is one possible scenario, IMO. Something about the guys approach in this scenario rings true for me...

I'm going to go through the very first links posted in these threads. There appears to be a few different stories about the co-worker and witnesses. I've heard that someone sat and watched the van and I've also heard that someone drove by, turned around, and came back to the station as the van was leaving. Let me see if I can find the links to clarify the different stories....
Yes I am confused on the amount of witness' and are they reliable.

Your post wasn't confusing. This whole case is confusing though, and making me cross-eyed. Your post was very well thought out.

The scenarios are endless. Who did it? Who had opportunity? A local? The Clinton sketch, and vehicle descriotion are too much to ignore. He is in close proximity. Who has longer hair this year, or grew a beard? Who dyed their hair? Changed appearance in a small way? Who isn't looking people in the eye? Someone. Someone fits all this whether it is a local, or a traveler. Someone knows this man.

Yes i agree, they are endless. I have been thinking about this a couple days and just decided to post it because I suppose it is possible that he is not a local, and is of above average intelligence, if he did something like this.

Auromyst, thank you for your service. Do you have any experience with profiling? I just ask because the profile you gave earlier seems very specific, and actually very likely, although I don't know too much about this field.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/jessica-heeringa-abduction-911-call
He said he stayed at the Exxon until police arrived and told several people to avoid the gas station because police were on their way.

From the 911 call:

Dispatcher: Muskegon 911. Where is your emergency?
Harpster: Um. I don't know if it's an emergency. I just got out of work. I'm at the Exxon station on Sternberg Road. There's nobody here. Um, it wouldn't allow me to pump gas. I just walked inside, there's nobody. There's a car here. There's another car out front. But it's just very suspicious why there's nobody here.
Dispatcher: Did you yell or anything or...?
Harpster: Yeah, I hollered 'hey' and walked around the building. I don't know.
Dispatcher: It's still open, right?
Harpster: Yeah, when you walk in, the bell goes ding, ding, ding. The cashier is supposed to be there, but I don't see anyone.
Harpster: It just seems strange. I come here after work. I come here all the time for gas.
Harpster : I'd hate to the anyone come in and grab and run, you know.
Dispatcher: If you feel comfortable staying there, I do have an officer notified.
Harpster: I'm just concerned that nobody's hurt.

**Note: The caller specified he gets out of work at 11 p.m.

jmo

Lots of new people to this thread! :welcome:

Any news break today or are we still at a standstill for new info?

I am just posting this regarding the glasses because it wasnt clear to me on if she wore them full time, part time, or for reading. I had not seen this in print.

Jessica Heeringa is 25 years old, 5-foot-1, and 110 pounds. She has blonde, shoulder-length hair and blue eyes. She has wire-rimmed glasses but may not be wearing them. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt that says Sternberg Exxon.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...er-jessica-heeringa-is-helpful-and-personable

Other developments in the case came Friday morning, including police clearing a man who they had been questioning since Wednesday.

Police were also waiting for test results to come back on spots found outside the Exxon Mobile station where Heeringa was last seen. They were trying to determine whether or not the substance could be blood

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/New-photo-released-in-Heeringa-case-

Investigators were working with Meijer to get surveillance video from one of its stores that showed what Heeringa was wearing before she disappeared.

Another positive development in the case was that police were able to get Heeringa's DNA by taking samples from her parents, which is evidence that could prove to be crucial to the case.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member