MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - don't mean to hog the thread! :)

This third car is most likely the co-worker? Wasn't there something in a previous post about the co-worker turning up around the time the 911 caller arrived?

From what I read, I dont think the coworker stuck around. I think they saw what they saw ( or say they saw... Im still not convinced...) and left. Only a day or 2 later did they come forward. Could the 3rd car be maybe another customer who pulled in... could not get gas, and just left. Not really giving it any more thought? Or had been wondering where the clerk was, saw the 911 guy and figured he had it covered and left?

Can anyone tell me why they are clearing people via polygraph?

Seems outdated, and it is not admissible in Michigan courts. Besides what 25 year old has not watched the Ocean's eleven movies? Have we thought military? They can pass a poly, first thing they teach....also this is far fetched but law enforcement? He could be in law enforcent, knowing how to set up crime scenes. (far fetched but highly likely) I feel like not having the FBI involved at the jump is a big clue. Is someone important, or is their father?

I am just bouncing ideas. We need new ones. We cannot focus on RSO and cameras. We need a new avenue to explore.

There is nothing wrong with a polygraph in an investigation it does help LE to rule ppl out. It does work! Even if it cant be used in court

Wouldn't human remains imply a body that's been there a while and has decomposed? If it was JH wouldn't they say body? Probably not her, lets hope not

human remains

"Human remains" or "remains" means the body of a deceased person in any stage of decomposition

There is nothing wrong with a polygraph in an investigation it does help LE to rule ppl out. It does work! Even if it cant be used in court

I agree Eileen730 and its not the only thing they use to clear someone, its only one of many tools they use.

human remains

"Human remains" or "remains" means the body of a deceased person in any stage of decomposition

But in most cases, they would say body if it was an actual body. Considetring she has been missing for a week, its unlikely to be just bones.

"@FOX17: RT @AnnMarieLaFlamm #JessicaHeeringa had more than $400 in her wallet when she disappeared. Both that and the cash register were untouched."

I can't get over this. Who doesn't take the money? Even if you didn't intend to rob the place, and just wanted her, the money is sitting right there! This leads me to think the perp never entered the store. He lured her outside, and she was comfortable enough to leave a cash drawer sitting out. She knew this man.

Why didn't the perp lure/take Jessica AFTER her shift, when the risk of being interrupted was virtually nil?

being her shift ended at 11:30 and it was a friday night, perp may have been thinking Jessica may have had plans for a friend to meet her at the station after her shift to decide where to go.

or even a friend of her's showing up unexpectedly to invite her out after her shift. kwifm?

I believe it was a crime of opportunity and perp saw an opening at 11pm.

"@FOX17: RT @AnnMarieLaFlamm #JessicaHeeringa had more than $400 in her wallet when she disappeared. Both that and the cash register were untouched."

I can't get over this. Who doesn't take the money? Even if you didn't intend to rob the place, and just wanted her, the money is sitting right there! This leads me to think the perp never entered the store. He lured her outside, and she was comfortable enough to leave a cash drawer sitting out. She knew this man.

Is there a bell On the back door? Most places you have to ring a bell the door is locked and there should be a peep hole to see who is at the door.

I'm not convinced she knew him before that day. Anything is possible though. From what is reported she would help anyone. If she was approached for help outside in a non threating way its possible she left store to help and left drawer out temporarily as no one else was in the store and she knew she would be right back.

We are probably getting too hung up on the details of how instead of the where is she and how to find her. I sure hope the LE is looking for more surveillance video, having witness search RSO registry, working with video experts to get more clues from van, reviewing with automotive experts to identify, etc.

We are probably getting too hung up on the details of how instead of the where is she and how to find her. I sure hope the LE is looking for more surveillance video, having witness search RSO registry, working with video experts to get more clues from van, reviewing with automotive experts to identify, etc.

I'm thinking the "how" could lead to the "who", which will lead us "where".

I think it's important to keep in mind that the police are likely keeping a lot of information to themselves, and that information hopefully fills in some of the blanks here. For example, the police have the actual statement from witness #4, and I'm sure they've looked into the other car.
My thoughts on his voice/accent are that if he talks slightly differently than the people in the area he might have parents in the area that he comes into town to visit or something. It's hard to say without knowing what was distinguishing about his voice, I mean, people from Detroit talk "different" from people up here, and you go a little further north and it's almost a different language.

I agree. Also, I believe that the individual who overheard JH flirting with a customer near the gas pumps but didn't see his face worked at the guitar store. I'm not sure how he could have overheard anything from that distance.

I thought is was the other way around, that a customer was flirting with JH, not the other way around. Am I mistaken?

I thought is was the other way around, that a customer was flirting with JH, not the other way around. Am I mistaken?

You are correct. To clarify, that is what I was thinking and just reversed it. The point I was trying to make was how could the witness hear that he was flirting and know the suspects voice from a great distance, i.e. the Exxon station to the guitar store? That doesn't make sense.

You are correct. To clarify, that is what I was thinking and just reversed it. The point I was trying to make was how could the witness hear that he was flirting and know the suspects voice from a great distance, i.e. the Exxon station to the guitar store? That doesn't make sense.

Yes, I understand what you are saying about how could the witness hear the flirting from a distance. And the reason why I asked if what you said was reversed, is because if she was the one doing the flirting, that puts a new spin on all this.

Supposedly the witness was in the parking lot of Exxon.

My thoughts this morning about the money not being taken makes me think that this was the perp's first time/crime. He was on a mission and although he may have been nervous, he was excited and wanted to accomplish this quickly. The money wasn't a factor which also makes me think that this couldn't have been a meth trip or a substance abuse issue because lord knows, money sitting in the open would be a druggie's dream come true. The only other options that make sense to me are that he lured her out as discussed up thread by claiming a problem with a pump or acting as if he needed help from her somehow.

I'm going with a late 30's, no children, mommy issues, drinker, lives with elderly mother, delivers pizza, never been married, multiple dating profiles, *advertiser censored* addict type. jmo.

Are they searching the lake?

Also regarding the 3rd vehicle, is that the SUV type vehicle that appears in the still shots that we have of the van? The one that was initially thought to be the perp's vehicle?

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990