MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what else the authorities can do here but just wait for a break. Sad, but reality.

The time stamps are unreliable.

Isn't that helpful - NOT!
How does that happen, I wonder? Why not have them set to the accurate time?

I've noticed many seasons that I didn't remember to change the time within my camera. All of a sudden - 100 pictures later - I realize daylight savings time took over six weeks ago. So the time on those pictures is an hour off one way or the other.

How do video camera clocks work? Do they lose time over time?

Putting this out there again, the similarities of abductions of other petite, blonde females that are unsolved.

newmap.jpg

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...er-kate-markham-and-paige-johnson-connection/

IIRC, Jessica's cigarettes were left with her purse and cell phone, according to MSM in the beginning.

link? I'm being picky about the point about the cell phone because another report is that the cell phone was with J's fiance. In other words, Jessica didn't have a cell phone with her that night.

What's the truth? :waitasec:

adding ~ I recall it was her purse and keys still on the counter.

Don't do what??????? Demand security cameras in businesses? What is wrong with that? People are going missing and you tell me not to post a link about legislation being started to require security cameras? It's been a long, long time coming.....

No, OP meant "don't do that" in the post where you said something like "YES!" and "FINALLY!" and posted a link to an article. The first thought on someone coming in and seeing that is that it's going to be directly about the case. I'll admit my first thought was a HUGE break in the case and all it was, was a post on possibly talking about legislation. Can you see where someone would misread into what you posted? <modsnip>

My issue from the beginning is that a person isn't going to pull up to a gas station and abduct someone. For one reason only, you would assume you were on camera. Secondly, her drawer was out...I would imagine you're not counting money for the night with an unlocked door. It makes me think that the guy who did this knew her and knew there weren't any cameras. With that being said, I'm still stuck on this guy who's an offender out of Grand Rapids (ggd). The height, hair and vehicle fit. Just not the weight...but people can put on weight...I wonder how often that stuff is updated

There are many petite, young blonds missing from many states throughout the southern eastern states and migrating up to midwestern states. It's been a routine phenomenon for awhile now. It's the first thing I thought about when I saw the location. That along with considering if social media plays into a perp zeroing in on his target.

My issue from the beginning is that a person isn't going to pull up to a gas station and abduct someone. For one reason only, you would assume you were on camera. Secondly, her drawer was out...I would imagine you're not counting money for the night with an unlocked door. It makes me think that the guy who did this knew her and knew there weren't any cameras. With that being said, I'm still stuck on this guy who's an offender out of Grand Rapids (ggd). The height, hair and vehicle fit. Just not the weight...but people can put on weight...I wonder how often that stuff is updated

There are sophisticated perps who enjoy the climb so to speak - don't put anything past them.

I'm not sure what else the authorities can do here but just wait for a break. Sad, but reality.

I know what you mean, but they're probably very busy and it's impossible to run in a hundred directions at once. It's hard to tell if a particular direction is really hot or not. They don't reveal everything to the public. It's frustrating because they may be on to something or they may be spinning their wheels following empty leads/tips - we just don't know for sure.

Remember they mentioned finding some DNA near or behind the counter?
Wonder what became of that and/or why they felt it could be related to the case (versus any old customer or employee). We heard about the possibility of blood being found (reminiscent of Holly Bobo) too.

I know what you mean, but they're probably very busy and it's impossible to run in a hundred directions at once. It's hard to tell if a particular direction is really hot or not. They don't reveal everything to the public. It's frustrating because they may be on to something or they may be spinning their wheels following empty leads/tips - we just don't know for sure.

Remember they mentioned finding some DNA near or behind the counter?
Wonder what became of that and/or why they felt it could be related to the case (versus any old customer or employee). We heard about the possibility of blood being found (reminiscent of Holly Bobo) too.

The police stated to media that at this point, any spot on the ground is going to be tested.

Good point about the cash drawer. I assume she would lock up before pulling that out, but maybe not.

Is anyone else worried about the police focusing purely on the perp having a silver van? I am worried the perp had a different kind of vehicle and it is not being looked at. I am still getting a trucker vibe from this don't know why.

I also think the perp planned this meticulously and either has outbuildings or a basement he could keep Jessica captive or tragically he killed her soon after he did what he wanted to her.

My hope is that because he is obsessed with Jessica that he doesn't want to hurt her in a violent way and maybe she is playing along with her wanting to be his girlfriend to stay alive.

I hope the perp isn't a loner and that someone recognises a change in behaviour and or appearance and reports it.

Chopper in the air again:

@kenkolker: State police helicopter just flew over Exxon station headed north. Jessica Heeringa's family wondering why

Something I've been wondering, the sketch is based on a witness account of a woman who saw the van drive by and the police believe Jessica was already in the van at that time, how was she subdued? The witness (to my knowledge) didn't see her in the van or see any signs of struggle, so what did he do to her to keep her from trying to get someones attention?

My issue from the beginning is that a person isn't going to pull up to a gas station and abduct someone. For one reason only, you would assume you were on camera. Secondly, her drawer was out...I would imagine you're not counting money for the night with an unlocked door. It makes me think that the guy who did this knew her and knew there weren't any cameras.

Excellent points. I've been saying something similar all along. The only thing that would make her leave an open cash drawer to go outside is an unusual emergency or someone she knew and trusted pulled up. Perhaps she could have went out for something as simple as a feigned pump issue, but it is doubtful she would without locking the door behind her (or at least putting the drawer away/out of plain view).

IMO.

Something I've been wondering, the sketch is based on a witness account of a woman who saw the van drive by and the police believe Jessica was already in the van at that time, how was she subdued? The witness (to my knowledge) didn't see her in the van or see any signs of struggle, so what did he do to her to keep her from trying to get someones attention?

BBM. Along those same lines, I wonder about the driver's demeanor and/or driving?

Perhaps this is why they're so sure this van/driver are the ones? Could it be that they know more from this witness about the van/driver's demeanor than they're releasing to the public? Because really... I've been wondering about that. I guess I'm not a sociopath, but I can't imagine driving 'normally' with a person I abducted in the back of my car. (Hell, sometimes I find driving with my kids/dogs challenging!)

That and I'm wondering "how did he KNOW for a fact there were no cameras?"
I wonder if they've checked all the ex-employee's records. Maybe there was a shady character that quit awhile back and was trying to take revenge on the owner. After all, he was kinda jerk-ish to everyone. My speculations are my own opinion of course.

Good point about the cash drawer. I assume she would lock up before pulling that out, but maybe not.

One scenario among many is that maybe she was counting her drawer and someone knocked on the door....a regular...she recognized him....and that he just needed to use the bathroom or something...so she let him in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member