MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else worried about the police focusing purely on the perp having a silver van? I am worried the perp had a different kind of vehicle and it is not being looked at. I am still getting a trucker vibe from this don't know why.

I also think the perp planned this meticulously and either has outbuildings or a basement he could keep Jessica captive or tragically he killed her soon after he did what he wanted to her.

My hope is that because he is obsessed with Jessica that he doesn't want to hurt her in a violent way and maybe she is playing along with her wanting to be his girlfriend to stay alive.

I hope the perp isn't a loner and that someone recognises a change in behaviour and or appearance and reports it.
I have been worried about the van, that it may not be the abductors vehicle. I hope that le knows more than we do and has reason to be 100% sure.
IMO, what we know of the witness statements make them sound...iffy.

I have a hard time buying any kind of revenge theory, the abductor had to know that if he got caught (hopefully when) that he was/is going to be in big big trouble. Would that much trouble be worth it to get revenge on a crappy former employer or someone who turned you in for fraud? I really don't think it would be, but of course anything is possible at this point.

Is it possibly that someone following the case of the lottery tickets purchased with stolen credit cards would know that there are no cameras? Maybe Jessica's testimony was necessary in part because there were no cameras and this was part of a public record?

I have a feeling this silver/gray van is going to become the new "DWT"

"DS/GV"

But hopefully Jessica is found before it gets to that point.

Something I've been wondering, the sketch is based on a witness account of a woman who saw the van drive by and the police believe Jessica was already in the van at that time, how was she subdued? The witness (to my knowledge) didn't see her in the van or see any signs of struggle, so what did he do to her to keep her from trying to get someones attention?

While we don't know how he subdued her, Ted Bundy would put handcuffs on his victims and already had a seat out so he could put them in his vw. Even after the fact, it seems almost impossible that Bundy could do the things he did...but he did.

People that do these things are often beyond brazen.

Praying for Jessica, her family and LE.

one issue i have with the van is... no one has come forward and said "that was me, i was there talking to her 2 hours before closing" or "that was me, i was at the gas station and pulled around the building and then drove through the parking lot, but this is why and this is where i was going, and this is why im innocent". no one has done that. IMO it's because the person with the van is NOT innocent and did have at least a part in this abduction.

one issue i have with the van is... no one has come forward and said "that was me, i was there talking to her 2 hours before closing" or "that was me, i was at the gas station and pulled around the building and then drove through the parking lot, but this is why and this is where i was going, and this is why im innocent". no one has done that. IMO it's because the person with the van is NOT innocent and did have at least a part in this abduction.

Very good point. In other cases, LE usually reaches out to random joggers/bikers/passersby/etc. hoping they saw something relevant to help with a case. on a normal day, I don't retain everything that I see while going about my normal routine, but I'd definitely remember speaking with someone and would come forward immediately if I thought I was the one suspected of an abduction when I wasn't.

Okay, so I'm new but I have followed some of your comments for a while. There is a guy in Grand Rapids sexual offender registry who has the initials "ggd" that irked me and then I looked at the vehicles registered to him and ...well silver mini van

My first time posting on this case too. I looked up ggd & he's listed as having a 2003 silver KIA Sedona - profile of this minivan looks very similar to the one in the videos. This guy may have an FB page using "Jerry" as the first name. If this is him, he is married & is a hunter (going by info on FB pages & his profile photo). However, this guy's hair & eyes don't match the suspect sketch very well. I hope you did turn in this tip to LE. Sometimes details get missed in eyewitness sketches, so you never know.

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone 44s
Shaw: Police did collect some evidence outside of the gas station. They are still processing that #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

Brett Thomas ‏@daybrett 1m
7 days since #JessicaHeeringa abducted. No solid leads. Tips leading to arrest desperately needed.

Nicole DiDonato ‏@NicoleDFOX17 1m
@FOX17 #jessicaheeringa Police Chief tells Natl FOX News that Jessica didn't have a cell phone on her the night she was abducted

thanks ~ bumping again

per Chief Shaw ~ Jessica DID NOT have a cell phone on her the night she was abducted. (The comment still doesn't verify if the cell phone was at home or left in her purse on the counter in the gas station. :doh:)

thanks ~ bumping again

per Chief Shaw ~ Jessica DID NOT have a cell phone on her the night she was abducted. (The comment still doesn't verify if the cell phone was at home or left in her purse on the counter in the gas station. :doh:)

I thought that Jessica's fiancé said that he had her cell phone. IIRC, he says this in one of his first media appearances.

Can anyone tell me how far Detroit is from where Jessica went missing?

Good point about the cash drawer. I assume she would lock up before pulling that out, but maybe not.

I would assume, especially with her being alone. I was a retail manager back in the day and when I closed out registers the store was locked. Unless it was a mid shift.

Can anyone tell me how far Detroit is from where Jessica went missing?

I live in north-suburban Detroit and have been to the Grand Rapids area many times. It usually takes 2-2.5 hours depending on route and traffic.

Jessicas fiance stated that he had the cell because she had access to the work phone. Detroit (we call it Big D) is approx 3 hours East and a little South of Norton Shores.

Excellent points. I've been saying something similar all along. The only thing that would make her leave an open cash drawer to go outside is an unusual emergency or someone she knew and trusted pulled up. Perhaps she could have went out for something as simple as a feigned pump issue, but it is doubtful she would without locking the door behind her (or at least putting the drawer away/out of plain view).

IMO.

I completely agree with you. I also wonder about her personal life...and in no way am I blaming anyone but this sicko! Only reason is that mom said she wasn't an angel in her past. Did something catch up? Idk

if you are alone and in a vulnerable place, you should always carry a gps/and or panic button. $45 for the button and $15/ month. worth it.

Someone stated yesterday that they would like someone local to drive possible routes to look for cameras. If this might be useful, Id be willing. I will have some time on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95