MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this has nothing to do with lottery ticket fraud and everything to do with a likely sociopath acting on his sadistic compulsions.

Well, if we say he has done this before, then that does not look good for Jessica's chances of being alive. The perp may have "practiced" on women less likely to be reported missing, or seriously searched for by LE.

There was 400 in her purse because she had just cashed her check that day.Le knows this.
imo Organized crime would kill if threatened. No one had been arrested yet in the lottery case.

How was she supposed to get home that night did she drive?

There was 400 in her purse because she had just cashed her check that day.Le knows this.
imo Organized crime would kill if threatened. No one had been arrested yet in the lottery case.

400.00 pay check????

Was she a full time employee 40 hrs $ 10.00 an hr. Still wont give you 400 bucks. Unless he paid her under the table

I think she was being robbed.
The guy had her put the money in her purse as this is happening the guy that calls 911 comes driving into the station causing this guy to flee with Jessica because Jessica knows who he is and he cant leave her there to rat him out.

I don't think its a sex offender and I don't think its this guys van.

They've said no money was missing IIRC. They'd know if the $400 in her purse was from the cash register, I assume.

IMO, this has nothing to do with lottery ticket fraud and everything to do with a likely sociopath acting on his sadistic compulsions.

I agree.

This is very much a sociopathic crime.

Someone stated yesterday that they would like someone local to drive possible routes to look for cameras. If this might be useful, Id be willing. I will have some time on Sunday.
Yes, I suggested, there has to be more video surveillance along the potential routes the van traveled after passing the coin shop. If I lived closer I would drive them personally and take photos of all the businesses that have cameras and give to the police. Who knows, they may have already done this. The more time that passes the more likley this footage is erased or taped over.

They've said no money was missing IIRC. They'd know if the $400 in her purse was from the cash register, I assume.
u

I think she was going to be robbed.
This guy could have followed her after seeing the 400 at the check cashing place and then getting the gas station money but was interrupted before he could get it. Remember the conversation the man in the van had with her why wasn't she behind the cash register?

websluthers need to be more positive about this case. Jessica(the victim) had her car at the station. I do not know her hourly rate. but I do know she was working full time and also overtime at night. That was her money in her purse earned in a lawful way. Her partner was about to loose his income and she feltbthis extra work was necessary to keep herself,her partner, and her son going.

Off topic a little bit, but I doubt she made 10 an hour, these days gas stations start you out at minimum wage even on night shift. The last job I had was overnights at a hotel and I only made 8.50 an hour. The 400 was more likely either from two weeks pay or she had overtime on her check. In the article about her son asking for her, they mention that she sometimes worked long shifts.

websluthers need to be more positive about this case. Jessica(the victim) had her car at the station. I do not know her hourly rate. but I do know she was working full time and also overtime at night. That was her money in her purse earned in a lawful way. Her partner was about to loose his income and she feltbthis extra work was necessary to keep herself,her partner, and her son going.

I am not sure what you mean. I have not seen any posts indicating Jessica should not have been working at the store, other than a belief that the owner was at fault for not having two clerks on duty.

As fas as being positive about the outcome, it is difficult after a full week with zero progress other than eliminating some locals. If Jessica is alive, she could be literally anywhere. The case does not seem to be moving forward, just all over the map, IMO.

Yes, I suggested, there has to be more video surveillance along the potential routes the van traveled after passing the coin shop. If I lived closer I would drive them personally and take photos of all the businesses that have cameras and give to the police. Who knows, they may have already done this. The more time that passes the more likley this footage is erased or taped over.

There is a shell gas station on the corner of airport rd and old grand haven rd. there is also a BP on the other corner with a camera above the front door. I am kind of shocked we haven't heard anything about the cameras on those buildings. People keep speculating that maybe the van had nothing to do with her disappearance; if it didn't why wouldn't the driver come forward, also an employee from the strip mall located to the west saw a van leaving the scene just after 11, driving down the back alley and that person helped with the sketch.

I'm also wondering why we have heard from the guy that heard the "creepy" conversation, but we haven't heard from the Co-worker or the employee from the strip mall. From what I read they all contributed to the sketch....

I asked about the "damage" on the van in an earlier post bc when shaw gave his interview on the new photo he specifically said "we are hoping someone will recognize a dent or a sticker or something and say oh that's so and so's van"....
From the new photo I can not see anything but that thing on the rear end!

Off topic a little bit, but I doubt she made 10 an hour, these days gas stations start you out at minimum wage even on night shift. The last job I had was overnights at a hotel and I only made 8.50 an hour. The 400 was more likely either from two weeks pay or she had overtime on her check. In the article about her son asking for her, they mention that she sometimes worked long shifts.

There could also be premium pay associated with working the 3rd shift on the nights when she worked it.

There is a shell gas station on the corner of airport rd and old grand haven rd. there is also a BP on the other corner with a camera above the front door. I am kind of shocked we haven't heard anything about the cameras on those buildings. People keep speculating that maybe the van had nothing to do with her disappearance; if it didn't why wouldn't the driver come forward, also an employee from the strip mall located to the west saw a van leaving the scene just after 11, driving down the back alley and that person helped with the sketch.

I'm also wondering why we have heard from the guy that heard the "creepy" conversation, but we haven't heard from the Co-worker or the employee from the strip mall. From what I read they all contributed to the sketch....

I asked about the "damage" on the van in an earlier post bc when shaw gave his interview on the new photo he specifically said "we are hoping someone will recognize a dent or a sticker or something and say oh that's so and so's van"....
From the new photo I can not see anything but that thing on the rear end!

in the first video it looked like there was a dent in the front passenger door, or the panel in front of it. someone should recognize that dent. unless JH caused it to be there.

It was a crime of obsession. He is obsessed with Jessica's type, but not necessarily Jessica herself.

This guy knew he was going to abduct somebody. He did it on HIS terms.
He picked this station due to its location. I think he had checked out other stations and other workers.

Jessica fit his criteria, but so did others. His prior visit was to determine who would be working.

I do not think that he parked for several hours and watched her. Although remote, there are other shops around. He could have been spotted to easily. I also do not agree that he spoke to others about her. He was too cunning to tip his hand.

He came prepared. He knew what he was going to say to get her out of the station. And he knew what he was going to do once she was out of the station.

The most dangerous time, for him, was getting her in his vehicle.

Up to that point, his plan could be aborted. Excuses could be made.

He needed a window of only 3-5 seconds to secure her once she was out of the store.

I think he parked out back, opened up the back of his van, went into the store saying he needed her help. Maybe he said he dropped his keys in the back (of the van) and couldn't reach them, or some such thing. Whatever it was, he knew Jessica would think she only needed a few seconds to help him.

Once she was in the back of the station, he took a quick glance around, saw no one else, and tazed her while she's reaching in the back of his van. He throws her in a box or handcuffs her or otherwise restrains her. She had to be restrained and low to the ground. He didn't want her moving around while he's driving.

Once she's secured, he knew his getaway route. He chose it on purpose. He wanted to see if anyone was following him. Driving a darker, 'not so busy' road would tell him this.

If his age is indeed 30-40, then he has done this before. He knows how to do it, how to get away with it, and where he's going to go once he's done. Criminal history shows this deviant behavior starts at a younger age than 30-40.

Also, he's average to above average intelligence. He can keep his wits about him. I agree that he doesn't have many friends. He's more of a loner. He's probably involved, married, or whatever, but his spouse is meek and he rules the roost without question.

I believe he went out of his way to use cash for his transactions at the station. He knows credit/debit cards can be too easily traced.

He probably knows the area, but may not be from the area. Several have mentioned hunting and I agree that may be what brings him up that direction. Being a trucker would also.

frighteningly detailed and probably accurate profile.

u

I think she was going to be robbed.
This guy could have followed her after seeing the 400 at the check cashing place and then getting the gas station money but was interrupted before he could get it. Remember the conversation the man in the van had with her why wasn't she behind the cash register?

If the motive was robbery, the chances of an accompanying kidnapping is slim to none. Also, they would not have left without money or items of value. Whoever did this was not interrupted. No one was at the service station when this happened, and it wasn't called in until 20 minutes after her last transaction. There was a 20 minute gap between any customers directly on scene who could have personally witnessed something.

This wasn't an attempted robbery in my opinion. He wanted her and took her. It would be a miracle if she is recovered safe at this point. That's what I am praying for but the odds aren't in her favor now after this much time has passed.

I am now leaning toward the notion that the abductor knows the area but does not live nearby. Too much risk of being caught if he lives in the area. He probably lives within 2-3 hours of Norton Shores. Just a guess on my part.

It will take a tip from someone who recognizes his sketch and car or a repeat offense where he makes a mistake and is caught. This could take months, years, or never.

Interesting comment from the LE, "no where near square 1", a little defensive in light of pressure to solve? Or they are getting closer to solving? Or they have eliminated many potential RSOs but still no solid leads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95