MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
link? I'm being picky about the point about the cell phone because another report is that the cell phone was with J's fiance. In other words, Jessica didn't have a cell phone with her that night.

What's the truth? :waitasec:

adding ~ I recall it was her purse and keys still on the counter.

Whoops, sorry. You're right - I was thinking of another case. The fiance said he had the cell phone because Jessica had access to a phone at work. There were three items mentioned as being left behind... it must have been purse, keys and cigarettes, definitely cigarettes.

didn't they say the ex bf was cleared also? sorry Im just catching up!

Yep. As far as we know all the family and the owner were cleared. They're looking of an actual "suspect". I'm surprised they're not doing door-to-doors with their guns drawn. IJS lol

She was working alone without even a cell phone? Yikes, if so...

So many aspects of this case are just a complete disregard for safety on the world we live in. It makes no sense. How could the fiancé allow her to be exposed to that danger on a nightly basis? I don't get it.

Why did he abduct her while the station was OPEN? Why not abduct her after the station closed?

Hmmm...maybe she parks her car out front? So when the store was closed, she'd be more visible, walking to her car. I'm not clear where her car was parked...

Very easy to follow her in her car and then stop her. Why risk getting caught at an open gas station? why not have her lock the front door and turn off the lights. Cosed.......... No one would be the wiser no one to wander in to an empty gas station with the money out.

So many aspects of this case are just a complete disregard for safety on the world we live in. It makes no sense. How could the fiancé allow her to be exposed to that danger on a nightly basis? I don't get it.

I used to work night shift,and I also live in a small town. Compared to my home-town Warren/Detroit this place is like suburbia. It's easy to get complacent and think like "nothings going to happen to me." Lately, I've been thinking how lucky I am, and have started locking my doors at night. I think this situation has changed me a bit.

I used to work night shift,and I also live in a small town. Compared to my home-town Warren/Detroit this place is like suburbia. It's easy to get complacent and think like "nothings going to happen to me." Lately, I've been thinking how lucky I am, and have started locking my doors at night. I think this situation has changed me a bit.

No woman nor man should be left alone at night in gas stations.

JMO

I don't either!
She is alone at a gas station with no security and easy access to cash and lottery tickets among other things cigs etc....

The cash drawer being out is a disturbing detail. Does anyone know if it was actually 'out' as in 'out in the open' or 'on the counter', or was it 'out' as in 'still in the cash register and not put away for the night'.

I go with the theory that she went out to 'help' him because her family says she is someone who would willingly help someone.

She seems very responsible and I too have a hard time thinking she rushed out leaving cash out in the open.

Another theory would be that he physically dragged her out of the store.... I do not believe it happened that way, though. I don't think a physical confrontation happened in the store.

Someone (I believe it was Wondergirl) brought up an interesting point:

Why did he abduct her while the station was OPEN? Why not abduct her after the station closed?

The only reason I can think of is that women are more aware of their surroundings in a dark, secluded parking lot. Jessica would have had her guard up. Abducting her while the station is open would have allowed the perp to be a 'normal customer' and thus Jessica wouldn't have been on guard against 'strangers' so to speak.

BBM police said the cash drawer was on the counter. I don't have the link, but it's back in one of the earlier threads.

The problem with all of us trying to think like the perp is that we will never think like a perp. Each one is different for one thing, and also we are (for the most part ;-) normal, mentally healthy people. What makes no sense to us might seem brilliant to him. He will think of scenerios that would never cross our minds. I think this is the reason there are so many unsolved crimes. It's too hard to get into someone else's head, especially someone so completely off their rocker.

I have found myself trying to think like this kidnapper over the last week and not only is it really hard to do, it is pretty disturbing as well. This is one reason why I wish we knew if an FBI profiler has been asked to help. That little interview the NSPD chief did today was a far cry from the press conference that is needed to set some of these things straight.

No woman nor man should be left alone at night in gas stations.

JMO

I worked at a hotel. I parked infront of the security camera of the nearest business. Momma didn't completely raise a fool. lol

I drove over and checked out the Airport Rd area the other day and was wondering about the gas station cameras myself. The only things I could come up with were that either the Jack's cameras were not pointed out far enough to catch street traffic, or the van turned left on Airport Rd so that it would not be seen by them. That Shell is so small that I didn't really think to take their camera's into consideration. I'll go back over there this weekend and see if I can tell anything.

I thought so too about Jacks camera but have been hoping that maybe we would hear more since they were looking into video from other businesses in the area.

I have been saying since they released the coin zone video that it looks like the van is turning left...you can see the right lane open. I drive that way daily!!! From airport rd it's a straight shot to Ross Park which is secluded and Mona lake. There are also the soccer fields on the back side of Ross park elementary and Mona lake boat club is off Randall. I'm not sure what time the club closes but maybe someone driving home Friday night saw something. There are also the baseball feilds surrounded by woods. Ross park is our neighborhood and it scares the S*** out of me that something like this could happen where I take my kids to play, ride bikes and let our oldest trump around alone.
If the perp is from this area there are a lot of close yet secluded places in this small area.
I'm thinking kayaking on Mona lake is on the agenda for Sunday.

BBM police said the cash drawer was on the counter. I don't have the link, but it's back in one of the earlier threads.

The problem with all of us trying to think like the perp is that we will never think like a perp. Each one is different for one thing, and also we are (for the most part ;-) normal, mentally healthy people. What makes no sense to us might seem brilliant to him. He will think of scenerios that would never cross our minds. I think this is the reason there are so many unsolved crimes. It's too hard to get into someone else's head, especially someone so completely off their rocker.

I have found myself trying to think like this kidnapper over the last week and not only is it really hard to do, it is pretty disturbing as well. This is one reason why I wish we knew if an FBI profiler has been asked to help. That little interview the NSPD chief did today was a far cry from the press conference that is needed to set some of these things straight.

The cash drawer being on the counter and the door open is the reason I think she was being robbed . Just because there was 20 mins between the last customer to the man that called 911 does not mean the guy didn't come in just beofre the 911 guy. Her cash would not be on that counter, JMO

The cash drawer being on the counter and the door open is the reason I think she was being robbed . Just because there was 20 mins between the last customer to the man that called 911 does not mean the guy didn't come in just beofre the 911 guy. Her cash would not be on that counter, JMO

She was being robbed, yet nothing was taken except her? Sorry, not following.

Their son is 3. If I'm not mistaken there have been questions about if she was wearing her engagement ring.

Have they stayed together the entire 3 yrs or no? Could there be someone else they should be questioning?

The fiancé was cleared,

So Jessica started counting money, while the station was still open and the door unlocked? Something is off here.

But okay, maybe the perp forced her to do that. But why did he leave all the money intact? Weird.

Or, the possibility number three, she knew the perp well enough to trust him that much and take the cash drawer out in his presence.

She was being robbed, yet nothing was taken except her? Sorry, not following.

Just a thought that the guy wanted the money but the 911 guy came rolling in and the guy aborts the robbery and has to take Jess because she can identify him.

Its just a thought, I cant imagine why her cash drawer was on the counter and the station still open.

If they had a good relationship, he didn't "allow her" to do or not do anything. There are not a lot of jobs in this area. It's been very bad here for 4 years or so. You take what you can get. Also, Norton Shores has very low crime.

It sounds to me like Jessica was working her butt off to take care of her family. It sounds like they were doing the best they could to get by. That's what a lot of us are doing around here.

Also, if they only had one cell phone and no home phone, it makes sense to me that the phone stayed with him since he was home with their child. I don't even know if he had access to a vehicle at home. Maybe she took the only car, so he kept the phone. She had access to the work phone throughout her entire shift. All of this talk of carrying a panic button and cell phones all of the time...you have to understand that this is a very quiet, resorty, small town area. I am not saying that crime doesn't happen. Obviously, it can happen anywhere. I am just saying that the mindset is different here than in a bigger city or a higher crime area. The way they were doing things is not that different than the way a lot of families are doing things here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990