MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I think she knew him in passing or at least recognized him in some way, I agree with everything else you said. I think the police have an eyewitness that they are keeping to themselves, and he or she saw him putting her into the van. I also agree that she was probably knocked unconscious due to the reports of blood on the ground.

I think this unnamed and unconfrmed eyewitness is the reason they are more than confident that this van is the one used in the abduction.

Could someone link the reports of blood on the ground for me? I read they found a substance on the ground and are having it tested, but never saw that it was blood or suspected to be blood. TIA.

Were there possibly 2 guys?
Maybe she didn't put the cash drawer on the counter maybe someone else did.

I have been wondering this myself. Early MSM articles suggested that more than 1 car was parked when the 911 call was made. You dont just leave a cash drawer open/out. I believe she was disrupted from her tasks & dragged out, subdued by a smack or something then dragged to vehicle. I don't think robbery was a motive. If this person/persons was known to her, i think she would have put money away first. No-one intentionally leaves money unsecured like that.

I also dont believe it would have mattered to the perp/s whether the location had cameras or not. They would have carefully chosen that time of night, a common vehicle that would have simply blended into the night. They would have known the risks and catered for them :-( JMO I really hope they find her & it is a happy result.

There are many petite, young blonds missing from many states throughout the southern eastern states and migrating up to midwestern states. It's been a routine phenomenon for awhile now. It's the first thing I thought about when I saw the location. That along with considering if social media plays into a perp zeroing in on his target.

Yes, I know, and I am interested in ones who look very similar.

I realize there are more than physical similarities to look at. I had Mickey Shunick with a couple of these girls, especially Holly and Lauren. BL is behind bars for her murder.

It's a big FWIW comparison

Could someone link the reports of blood on the ground for me? I read they found a substance on the ground and are having it tested, but never saw that it was blood or suspected to be blood. TIA.
I do not have the skills yet to link anything. It was reported by msm that 4 drops of blood were fouind on the ground. I assume this was fox 17. I am in California and not too familiar with msm in Michigan. Good websluthing,goldenbear

Since we all seem to be pondering the cash drawer situation, I came up with a scenario that could fit.

She's got the door locked already, drawer out on the counter (this would put it at after 11pm) the abductor pulls his van up in front of the door, blocking the view from the road "just in case" He knocks on the door and, since she seems like the type that wouldn't want to be rude to a customer, she opens the door to see what he needs, thinking it must be important or that she's just going to tell him that they're already closed (these are based on real life scenarios that have happened in my former life as a gas station clerk) and as soon as she's outside the building he grabs her. He may have tazed her, which would explain why she wasn't seen in the vehicle, but in reality it doesn't matter how tough you think you are when someone overpowers you. (Something I personally hate to admit, but it's true.)
From there, I don't know, but my amateur gut tells me that the lake and the sketchy hotels in the area are going to play a part in this :/

I thought it was stated that something that looked like it could be blood was found and would be tested...this was several days ago. Testing does not take long, at least to determine if it was human blood.

A lot of stun guns/tasers now release tiny bits of confetti encoded with identiftying information for the device.

Ugh. The tweets are dying down and haven't heard anything of substance from LE or media in awhile. I hope this is just the calm before the storm.

Why did the perp wear a bright orange sweater if he was planning on abducting someone? Could it have been orange hunting gear?

As irritating as it is, I suspect we won't get much new info (unless something big happens) until Monday. Are there any searches planned for this weekend yet?

If the locals/wsers would suggest a few streets that are worthy of a "google maps walk-about", I am going to do that tonight.

Although, the images seem to be from 2009 for Norton Shores, you never know.

I will mention again that a silver van fitting the description of the suspect vehicle is parked to the right of the Exxon station in Google maps from 2009. It appears as if it has something in the window, and that makes me think it could have been for sale at that time. Nobody really verified for me if the building is a car wash. Has it ever been a used car dealership of sorts, or a place where the owner puts a few cars for sale?

TIA

Why did the perp wear a bright orange sweater if he was planning on abducting someone? Could it have been orange hunting gear?

It's possible, but it really doesn't do much to narrow it down. Having hunting gear on is about as common as having a fishing pole in your car here.

If it was the perp, he could have chosen a sweater like this on purpose. If it's bright and out of place, people will pay more attention to the attire, less attention to his face, or other identifiable features that he cannot change about himself- like his eyes or height. He's less likely to be identified if no one remembers what he looks like because everyone's looking at his sweater instead.

Cosby sweaters--relic of the 1980's or underrated crime tool today?

If this POI/suspect had developed a fantasy crush on her, he's more likely to wear something that he thinks he looks good in--his favorite shirt/sweater
rather than all-black with a black hood, gloves and ski mask (j/k).

If the locals/wsers would suggest a few streets that are worthy of a "google maps walk-about", I am going to do that tonight.

Although, the images seem to be from 2009 for Norton Shores, you never know.

I will mention again that a silver van fitting the description of the suspect vehicle is parked to the right of the Exxon station in Google maps from 2009. It appears as if it has something in the window, and that makes me think it could have been for sale at that time. Nobody really verified for me if the building is a car wash. Has it ever been a used car dealership of sorts, or a place where the owner puts a few cars for sale?

TIA

It's a carwash. I always assumed the gas station owner also owned the carwash, but I don't know that for a fact.

ETA it's so hard to narrow down a search area. You could do Airport Rd. East of Grand Haven Rd leads to a sex offender's house and I96. West leads to Mona Lake, a cemetary, the airport.

Have we ever been told what her normal daily routine was? Did she always go directly home after work? What were her hobbies? Where did she hang out when not at work or at home? Were there any changes in her routine or her life recently? Had she and fiancé set a wedding date? Were they having any problems? Had there ever been infidelity?

In the event that this was not random, and she was targeted, answers to these questions could prove crucial.

Hey guys I know we are all a bit irritable, have seen this time and time again with cases where we just keep chasing our tails while hoping for a missing person to return safe. Lets just stop the negativity, no harm was meant, no harm no foul.... let have a group hug...regroup and remember we are ALL on the same side here.... Team Jessica, lets regroup and move on...HUGS

Okay I keep going over the cash drawer being out. Wasn't it posted that Exxon's hours were until 11:30 p.m. Friday night? I too am perplexing why she would be clearing out the draw so early. And cleaning supplies were out. Would you not get your cleaning done, read the pumps, then zero out your drawer...hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member