MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a crime of obsession. He is obsessed with Jessica's type, but not necessarily Jessica herself.

This guy knew he was going to abduct somebody. He did it on HIS terms.
He picked this station due to its location. I think he had checked out other stations and other workers.

Jessica fit his criteria, but so did others. His prior visit was to determine who would be working.

I do not think that he parked for several hours and watched her. Although remote, there are other shops around. He could have been spotted to easily. I also do not agree that he spoke to others about her. He was too cunning to tip his hand.

He came prepared. He knew what he was going to say to get her out of the station. And he knew what he was going to do once she was out of the station.

The most dangerous time, for him, was getting her in his vehicle.

Up to that point, his plan could be aborted. Excuses could be made.

He needed a window of only 3-5 seconds to secure her once she was out of the store.

I think he parked out back, opened up the back of his van, went into the store saying he needed her help. Maybe he said he dropped his keys in the back (of the van) and couldn't reach them, or some such thing. Whatever it was, he knew Jessica would think she only needed a few seconds to help him.

Once she was in the back of the station, he took a quick glance around, saw no one else, and tazed her while she's reaching in the back of his van. He throws her in a box or handcuffs her or otherwise restrains her. She had to be restrained and low to the ground. He didn't want her moving around while he's driving.

Once she's secured, he knew his getaway route. He chose it on purpose. He wanted to see if anyone was following him. Driving a darker, 'not so busy' road would tell him this.

If his age is indeed 30-40, then he has done this before. He knows how to do it, how to get away with it, and where he's going to go once he's done. Criminal history shows this deviant behavior starts at a younger age than 30-40.

Also, he's average to above average intelligence. He can keep his wits about him. I agree that he doesn't have many friends. He's more of a loner. He's probably involved, married, or whatever, but his spouse is meek and he rules the roost without question.

I believe he went out of his way to use cash for his transactions at the station. He knows credit/debit cards can be too easily traced.

He probably knows the area, but may not be from the area. Several have mentioned hunting and I agree that may be what brings him up that direction. Being a trucker would also.

I have had many of these same thoughts, except if he was unknown to her, I do not believe she would leave the cash drawer out to help him. Also, if he is unknown to her, I doubt she would have gone to the back parking lot with him. This makes me think either A-she did not know him and was abducted from right in front of the store or B-she did know him and was abducted from the front or C-she knew him and was abducted from the back or side.

Lead investigator in case has said the following:

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevekelso

" I am miles ahead of square one." Lead investigator says of Jessica Heeringa case. See inside the investigation only at 6 #jessicaheeringa

it's also stated that someone on the case "knows what happened, knows the timing, knows where witnesses are and who is not involved"

okay, great, but who IS involved and where is JESSICA?
witness location and knowing who's not involved is not the same as knowing what happened.
just lost more confidence in investigation.

This wasn't an attempted robbery in my opinion. He wanted her and took her. It would be a miracle if she is recovered safe at this point. That's what I am praying for but the odds aren't in her favor now after this much time has passed.

I am now leaning toward the notion that the abductor knows the area but does not live nearby. Too much risk of being caught if he lives in the area. He probably lives within 2-3 hours of Norton Shores. Just a guess on my part.

It will take a tip from someone who recognizes his sketch and car or a repeat offense where he makes a mistake and is caught. This could take months, years, or never.

Interesting comment from the LE, "no where near square 1", a little defensive in light of pressure to solve? Or they are getting closer to solving? Or they have eliminated many potential RSOs but still no solid leads?

yes, defensive. sounds like a direct response to a post on this thread earlier.

This wasn't an attempted robbery in my opinion. He wanted her and took her. It would be a miracle if she is recovered safe at this point. That's what I am praying for but the odds aren't in her favor now after this much time has passed.

I am now leaning toward the notion that the abductor knows the area but does not live nearby. Too much risk of being caught if he lives in the area. He probably lives within 2-3 hours of Norton Shores. Just a guess on my part.

It will take a tip from someone who recognizes his sketch and car or a repeat offense where he makes a mistake and is caught. This could take months, years, or never.

Interesting comment from the LE, "no where near square 1", a little defensive in light of pressure to solve? Or they are getting closer to solving? Or they have eliminated many potential RSOs but still no solid leads?

some offenders are quite brazen. he could live nearby I still think. some of them just don't have a choice to offend far from home, or are over confident.
why haven't the cops alerted the public to a predator on the loose?

yes, defensive. sounds like a direct response to a post on this thread earlier.

To my post, lol...

But I think LE counts progress as ruling out RSO's and family, which of course it is, though it brings one no closer to the solution really. How many times have we heard the old "one tip away" or "just one more clue" to solve this case, whichever case it may be...some running into years now.

I know I am a cynic, and it is has only been a week, but time passes quickly and if no good leads have been developed by now, it worries me.

400.00 pay check????

Was she a full time employee 40 hrs $ 10.00 an hr. Still wont give you 400 bucks. Unless he paid her under the table

I just talked to my bf and he worked 40 hrs at 8.80 an hour at a gas station, had been there 4 years. He brought home about 325.00-350.00/week. So I can see where if she worked some doubles or just a few extra hours how easy it would be to make 400.00 on one check.

I'm so mad at the witnesses. why didn't anyone do/say anything at the time? get a lic plate #? a picture???

I was never so safety conscious for myself as since I had a baby. Now I am super careful for my own safety for her welfare. Working long hours to pay bills to support a family is important and respectable. I wish women would be as careful with their own safety (carry cell phone, have some sort of defense, etc) as they are dedicated to providing financially. I'm so upset for the little boy.

Her BF and baby daddy was cleared. Her EX BF was cleared right?

Was there a new BF in the picture?

To my post, lol...

But I think LE counts progress as ruling out RSO's and family, which of course it is, though it brings one no closer to the solution really. How many times have we heard the old "one tip away" or "just one more clue" to solve this case, whichever case it may be...some running into years now.

I know I am a cynic, and it is has only been a week, but time passes quickly and if no good leads have been developed by now, it worries me.

to me that's passive investigating. they need to do active and creative investigating.

A predator as I see it would have waited for her to leave and followed her in her car. I do not think he would take her right out of the gas station, JMO

some offenders are quite brazen. he could live nearby I still think. some of them just don't have a choice to offend far from home, or are over confident.
why haven't the cops alerted the public to a predator on the loose?

I have been wondering this same thing. As the days pass and Jessica is no where to be found isn't the public expecting answers and reassurance that this won't happen again?

jmo

There is a shell gas station on the corner of airport rd and old grand haven rd. there is also a BP on the other corner with a camera above the front door. I am kind of shocked we haven't heard anything about the cameras on those buildings. People keep speculating that maybe the van had nothing to do with her disappearance; if it didn't why wouldn't the driver come forward, also an employee from the strip mall located to the west saw a van leaving the scene just after 11, driving down the back alley and that person helped with the sketch.

I'm also wondering why we have heard from the guy that heard the "creepy" conversation, but we haven't heard from the Co-worker or the employee from the strip mall. From what I read they all contributed to the sketch....

I asked about the "damage" on the van in an earlier post bc when shaw gave his interview on the new photo he specifically said "we are hoping someone will recognize a dent or a sticker or something and say oh that's so and so's van"....
From the new photo I can not see anything but that thing on the rear end!

I drove over and checked out the Airport Rd area the other day and was wondering about the gas station cameras myself. The only things I could come up with were that either the Jack's cameras were not pointed out far enough to catch street traffic, or the van turned left on Airport Rd so that it would not be seen by them. That Shell is so small that I didn't really think to take their camera's into consideration. I'll go back over there this weekend and see if I can tell anything.

I just talked to my bf and he worked 40 hrs at 8.80 an hour at a gas station, had been there 4 years. He brought home about 325.00-350.00/week. So I can see where if she worked some doubles or just a few extra hours how easy it would be to make 400.00 on one check.

I guess!
The owner bought her son a bike right?

Im just trying to think of ppl that would possibly want her for their own. She is a pretty girl who else was paying attention to her.

I have had many of these same thoughts, except if he was unknown to her, I do not believe she would leave the cash drawer out to help him. Also, if he is unknown to her, I doubt she would have gone to the back parking lot with him. This makes me think either A-she did not know him and was abducted from right in front of the store or B-she did know him and was abducted from the front or C-she knew him and was abducted from the back or side.

The cash drawer being out is a disturbing detail. Does anyone know if it was actually 'out' as in 'out in the open' or 'on the counter', or was it 'out' as in 'still in the cash register and not put away for the night'.

I go with the theory that she went out to 'help' him because her family says she is someone who would willingly help someone.

She seems very responsible and I too have a hard time thinking she rushed out leaving cash out in the open.

Another theory would be that he physically dragged her out of the store.... I do not believe it happened that way, though. I don't think a physical confrontation happened in the store.

Someone (I believe it was Wondergirl) brought up an interesting point:

Why did he abduct her while the station was OPEN? Why not abduct her after the station closed?

The only reason I can think of is that women are more aware of their surroundings in a dark, secluded parking lot. Jessica would have had her guard up. Abducting her while the station is open would have allowed the perp to be a 'normal customer' and thus Jessica wouldn't have been on guard against 'strangers' so to speak.

The cash drawer being out is a disturbing detail. Does anyone know if it was actually 'out' as in 'out in the open' or 'on the counter', or was it 'out' as in 'still in the cash register and not put away for the night'.

I go with the theory that she went out to 'help' him because her family says she is someone who would willingly help someone.

She seems very responsible and I too have a hard time thinking she rushed out leaving cash out in the open.

Another theory would be that he physically dragged her out of the store.... I do not believe it happened that way, though. I don't think a physical confrontation happened in the store.

Someone (I believe it was Wondergirl) brought up an interesting point:

Why did he abduct her while the station was OPEN? Why not abduct her after the station closed?

The only reason I can think of is that women are more aware of their surroundings in a dark, secluded parking lot. Jessica would have had her guard up. Abducting her while the station is open would have allowed the perp to be a 'normal customer' and thus Jessica wouldn't have been on guard against 'strangers' so to speak.

Well I think she knows this guy!
JMO

Hmmm...maybe she parks her car out front? So when the store was closed, she'd be more visible, walking to her car. I'm not clear where her car was parked...

Police should be able to request and get from the Exxon station a list of credit card transactions (Name and Date of Transaction) for, say, the last few months? And then maybe also check transactions on Fridays and Sunday evenings/Monday mornings going back a year. (This on the theory that it's someone commuting into the area from
a significant distance)

Look for repeat male customers, esp those with out of state addresses or who have in-state addresses a good bit away.

Start cross-referencing that list with DMV records.

I agree it's highly doubtful this guy made any transaction at all on the day of the abduction, and if he did, it was likely cash. Still, you check just in case for that day and
it's possible he either got sloppy once and used a credit card at that station or he used to use c cards there but then stopped as he got closer to actually doing something.

Gas is not cheap these days. To fill up a mini-van that likely holds 15+ gallon is going to be $60. Possibility he rolls in there one time without any cash for gas and pays with a card. Or maybe he has a long history of paying with a c card.

And if they dump the data into a queryable database set up, they can load every transaction for the last year and easily query and cross-reference it against RSO's and DMV records.

You get a hit on an RSO ( esp out of state or distant in-state) who is a repeat customer and/or has a vehicle matching the suspect vehicle and you have something to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95