MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that Jessica must have been pretty comfortable at work, if she would go in with that much cash on her. But perhaps her purse was in a locked safe or drawer? Still, that seems a lot of cash to be carrying around these days. I would be afraid even I worked at a daytime desk job.

I hope the SS is doing enhancement on the vehicle and can somehow get a full or partial plate. I am at a loss how they are going to have success without tracking down that van.

Respectfully <snipped> I know, and that's why I posted the above information. This case does not meet the criteria for direct involvement by the FBI, but they have been consulted by local LE and other agencies that are working the case. Federal LE agencies serve specific purposes and become involved in local cases when their expertise is required. If the FBI was directly involved in the investigation of Jessica's disappearance, she would appear on their Missing Persons/Kidnapping list, and she does not. :moo:

Thank you for your comment.
I am having some confusion myself with exactly what does qualify FBI involvement. I understand that MOST of the missing involvement is children, after reading more (this is very interesting reading btw) I found some additional explanations as to WHY the FBI may not be directly involved.

jmo

Thank you for your comment.
I am having some confusion myself with exactly what does qualify FBI involvement. I understand that MOST of the missing involvement is children, after reading more (this is very interesting reading btw) I found some additional explanations as to WHY the FBI may not be directly involved.

jmo

I'm wondering the same thing. If memory serves me right, the FBI got involved in Mickey Shunick'a case almost immediately.

Lottery Fraud and Kidnapping, is a federal crime, I believe. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So I think it's only right they bring in the Feds.

I do not think kidnapping is a federal crime until it crosses state lines for one. A second reason may be that it red flags some serial crime so they would jump in.
Don't quote me, just google the FBI for yourself. I am in the process of trying to answer some questions for myself.

Was the FBI involved in Mickey Shunicks case from early on?

jmo

I'm wondering the same thing. If memory serves me right, the FBI got involved in Mickey Shunick'a case almost immediately.

We were thinking about Mickey at the same time :seeya:

Where I live (NM), the FBI is involved in all manners of crime, especially if they take place in areas where police agencies are small and unequipped to deal with various crimes, or just need more manpower. I do not think the old ideas of what constitutes FBI involvement hold true as much these days.

I am thinking that Jessica must have been pretty comfortable at work, if she would go in with that much cash on her. But perhaps her purse was in a locked safe or drawer? Still, that seems a lot of cash to be carrying around these days. I would be afraid even I worked at a daytime desk job.

I hope the SS is doing enhancement on the vehicle and can somehow get a full or partial plate. I am at a loss how they are going to have success without tracking down that van.

I was thinking about this too. I had to carry around the same amount of money last week at school one night. It was carry it around with me, or leave it in the car. Neither option seemed good, but needed to get money out of the ATM that morning and deposit into another bank the next morning. I decided it was safer on me than locked out in the car all evening.

I think she could have cashed her check before work. Maybe it wasn't available until late morning or early afternoon on Friday so she picked it up and cashed it before her shift. If so, the police would probably have a record of the store or bank where she did so. If she doesn't have a bank account, Meijer seems a likely option for this. It is close and cashes payroll checks. And didn't the police say they were looking at video from Meijer. Maybe it isn't just parking lot video they are checking out. Maybe courtesy counter, for check cashing.

Or her boss cashed her check for her out of the station cash, but that seems like a large amount for such a small business to be able to cash out. Or maybe she was paid in cash, under the table for part or all of her wages. I was thinking that maybe this is one reason her boss has seemed so unwilling to get involved. Maybe he is hiding some shady payroll practices.

^^Would you risk a long trip with a just kidnapped girl?

He wouldnt of killed her in the van, so taking a long trip would seem foolish...

While chances are very likely that she is somewhere closeby, I also think its plausible that has she been taken some distance (a couple hours away), Here is why: The perp would know that LE would probably be on the scene very quickly, so he might be racing to get out of the area as quickly as possible. He may have already planned an offsite location. And, he would know that the local community and LE would be scouring the local area very carefully, so maybe he has taken her far away from all of this (a hotel, a cabin, park); maybe he lives out of state or the city, passed by there and saw her and planned to come back...I wonder if he would've called to see if she was working (I'm sure LE is scouring all phone calls made to the store; a blocked call could be telling...) Also, if his heart was racing or he was nervous, he might wait a while before stopping the vehicle until he is calmer, feels that all is clear, and the adrenaline of the escape subsides. Also, we don't know under what conditions Jessica was being restrained...Had she been stun gunned (how long does it take to recover from that), was their duct tape, zip ties, rope, chloroform (how long does it take to wake up from that), was she injured, bleeding...if she was a scrapper, maybe he was injured...(we still don't know the results of the testing of the possible blood spots which is very important)...if he was going to transfer her from the vehicle to another location, under what means would he do this...with it being late at night and dark it would be able to do this without arousing suspicion...(ARS got Jessica Ridgeway into his house in broad daylight)...so many maybes...so many questions...

I wish I had more facts to create a possible awareness space and psychological profile.

Also, if I knew exactly how he got her in the van, that would help some things...

IF this guy is local, he may not have traveled too far with her, so as to be back quickly and not be out of pocket, so to speak, when LE started looking for suspects. He couldn't have known that the alarm would not be raised and vehicle mentioned to LE right away. If I recall, LE did not learn about the van until Saturday?

They have him on surveillance on old grand haven road...he could of easily gotten on the highway scott-free and got away-

I think hes in the local area

Update on TAH- Still wanting on word from LE

Leaving a van at a Marina in late April would be suspicious, the lake is still freezing

We were thinking about Mickey at the same time :seeya:

I know, RIGHT!?!?!? I find myself referring back to Mickeys case alot here.
Im praying SO hard for a better outcome for sweet Jessica.

I'm amazed at how many RSOs mugshots resemble the sketch...

There is a missing person in the Michigan City area where the remains were found at 230 on Friday.

Without encouraging wild speculation...do the vans from both surveillance videos appear to be the same?

I know TAH has the ability to have 2 different model silver vans, and with some coordination could of switched vehicles after grabbing Jessica, perhaps throwing off any additional footage of silver vans being suspected, and retrieving the town and country perhaps the following day-

More likely that he switched from a silver van to one of his other registered vehicles I suppose, rather than from a silver van, to another model silver van, if there was indeed a switch

More likely that he switched from a silver van to one of his other registered vehicles I suppose, rather than from a silver van, to another model silver van, if there was indeed a switch

I do not think he was doing much thinking when he did this. If its a switch its probably from the van seen on video to the other he usually drives.

Well....the sketch came because he was hanging around the gas station a few hours before the abduction...

So he was likely there working himself up for it a bit, which implies he had been thinking about it for at least a few weeks...

I have wondered about a staging area. If this was planned, and I believe it was, the perp had a location predetermined where he would take her. I'm betting it was fairly close. The park that was searched makes sense. What about nearby warehouses or industrial areas? I don't remember the chief telling people to search their own properties. Maybe he should do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay