MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think that turkey hunting is anywhere near as big as deer hunting is.

I also think that one would have to live under a rock to not know what was going on around here- so I would guess that most hunters at least have seen the sketch and know of Jessica's disappearance. We are a really small town and have a "this doesn't happen here" out look. I think this has really shaken a lot of us up and made us think about our own actions- such as double checking locks on windows and doors, ect.

Well thanks for clearing that up...I was the one who talked about that park. The channel is really shallow and I didn't exactly know what to call it

The channel is really sad I know, they are working on dredging it currently so hopefully people can get their boats out this summer.

Well thanks for clearing that up...I was the one who talked about that park. The channel is really shallow and I didn't exactly know what to call it

It's shallow because water levels have gone down. It had to be dredged last year, and I think it's being dredged again this year.

I agree about the dunes not being a great body-hiding spot. Climbing dunes is a lot of work. I don't think I could do it with a body in tow if you had a gun to my head.

I actually would pretty much rule out (although you can't totally rule out anything) the state parks just because your chances of getting caught this time of year are fairly good. We Michiganders spring from our houses like released prisoners at the first sign of warm weather. Even though it is WAY too cold to swim yet, the beaches, boardwalks and state parks are full of people who are sick of being inside. I've already taken my son to the beach a few times this spring, and there were people walking dogs and stuff all over the place.

I am local from the area....

Lake Harbor park was quoted as having a river run through it, not so much the case... It is the Mona Lake Channel dumping into Lake Michigan, a relatively small park that is well traveled.

I think the sand dune dumping is also out. I am unsure if any of you have ever attempted to climb a dune before, some are difficult and would be impossible to climb with a body..... To force someone to climb a dune would be hard and not worth the risk of getting caught.

Hoffmaster state park is closed at night, there entrance would be gated. Although you can get past the gate I do not think he/she would risk leaving the vehicle outside the gate.

Has anyone heard if LLL has been cleared?

Nope, has anyone heard the above? *Points Upward*

Lake Harbor park was quoted as having a river run through it, not so much the case... It is the Mona Lake Channel dumping into Lake Michigan, a relatively small park that is well traveled.

I think the sand dune dumping is also out. I am unsure if any of you have ever attempted to climb a dune before, some are difficult and would be impossible to climb with a body..... To force someone to climb a dune would be hard and not worth the risk of getting caught.

Hoffmaster state park is closed at night, there entrance would be gated. Although you can get past the gate I do not think he/she would risk leaving the vehicle outside the gate.

I agree. Especially a place like Warren Dunes (a point of reference for me) but that being brought up, there are so many trials that may have been a river millions of years ago through there..so if there is something like that around there i.e. trails between dunes..now that is a good place to start.

That is a stretch but if locals know any dunes like what is near me then we may have an idea of an area to look.

Hunters know. Nobody you are going to tell online through a hunting forum has been able to avoid news.

I thought I read a post here that LLL was cleared...

Again, a definitive tone. How do you know hunters aren't coming in from out of the area? How do you know they all follow the news? What does it hurt to make sure the word is out? Nothing! (ok, so lets just assume everyone knows everything....) Maybe the hunters noticed someone canvassing the area that seemed out of place? Anything is possible.

Hi, i'd like to look through the photos of any criminals in the area and surrounding areas where Jessica disappeared. Could someone please tell me how I look at the databases which show the "mugshots" of theses people and the info regarding their crime when arrested. I'm in the UK and i'm not sure how access the sites.

and without being insulting...no hunter is going to step over a body in the woods because they aren't sure if its a missing girl or not...

We're talking about hunters being on the look out for anything...her glasses, clothing, anything. Maybe they are familiar with isolated areas, cabins, etc not known to the public or LE...

We don't know who LE has interviewed - last count was 17 peeps I believe. They don't identify each person.

I've climbed sand dunes! Back then it was fun, now I'd probably pass out. Good excercise though. From what I remember, sand dune areas are pretty isolated vast areas especially at night.

and without being insulting...no hunter is going to step over a body in the woods because they aren't sure if its a missing girl or not...

No...but they could step over a pair of glasses, a shoe, a blue shirt...or something other evidence.

Stacia Kalinoski ‏@StaciaKalinoski 25m
NS Police use cell phone tracking to dig up info on 35k minivans. Secret Sevice analyzes it. How it works @wzzm13 @6:30p. #jessicaheeringa

I do not think that turkey hunting is anywhere near as big as deer hunting is.

I also think that one would have to live under a rock to not know what was going on around here- so I would guess that most hunters at least have seen the sketch and know of Jessica's disappearance. We are a really small town and have a "this doesn't happen here" out look. I think this has really shaken a lot of us up and made us think about our own actions- such as double checking locks on windows and doors, ect.
Not in the renting property to hunt sense...but if you pay thousands of dollars to rent property, then you would make use of it all the time. (speculation)
My thoughts. Turkeys are more defenseless than deer. I don't know what I mean except that they are so tiny, and awkward.

It's shallow because water levels have gone down. It had to be dredged last year, and I think it's being dredged again this year.

I agree about the dunes not being a great body-hiding spot. Climbing dunes is a lot of work. I don't think I could do it with a body in tow if you had a gun to my head.

I actually would pretty much rule out (although you can't totally rule out anything) the state parks just because your chances of getting caught this time of year are fairly good. We Michiganders spring from our houses like released prisoners at the first sign of warm weather. Even though it is WAY too cold to swim yet, the beaches, boardwalks and state parks are full of people who are sick of being inside. I've already taken my son to the beach a few times this spring, and there were people walking dogs and stuff all over the place.

BBM - lol that is so true - 60 degrees? shorts, tank tops and flip flops weather! let me outside!!

Stacia Kalinoski ‏@StaciaKalinoski 25m
NS Police use cell phone tracking to dig up info on 35k minivans. Secret Sevice analyzes it. How it works @wzzm13 @6:30p. #jessicaheeringa

Oh my goodness. Is that 35 THOUSAND minivans?

Thank goodness SS is helping out. Hope something comes of it and soon.

oh, thanks, I missed that connection :)

Yes, they reported gunshots coming from that specific area. And then, low and behold, glasses were found there too.

Funny that, LE spent the whole day there but didn't turn up anything.

I sure hope LE was able to identify who the heck turned those glasses into reporters and not into LE as any normal person would see fit to do.

Lots of hinky stuff imo.
I'm seeing patterns of diversion developing or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Yes, they reported gunshots coming from that specific area. And then, low and behold, glasses were found there too.

I sure hope LE was able to identify who the heck turned those glassed into reporters and not into LE as any normal person would see fit to do.

Lots of hinky stuff imo.
I'm seeing patterns of diversion developing or, maybe I'm just paranoid.

If being a member of Websleuths doesn't make you paranoid, nothing will!!
On that note, yardwork is calling. Be back in awhile.

I sure hope LE was able to identify who the heck turned those glassed into reporters and not into LE as any normal person would see fit to do.

Lots of hinky stuff imo.
I'm seeing patterns of diversion developing or maybe I'm just paranoid.

It was 4 or 5 days later that gunshots were reported, and it was opening day of turkey season...and the glasses were NOT jessica's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..